Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I’d say a vpn would be needed but can’t see why a gift card wouldn’t work. I bought 2 last year from the Turkey hack but only added the second one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I’d say a vpn would be needed but can’t see why a gift card wouldn’t work. I bought 2 last year from the Turkey hack but only added the second one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine.

I was looking earlier on the faq,
    It says gifts can only be used in the country they were bought in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You get the same problem, i.e. it recognizes your card is Irish so you can't buy a Turkish gift card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

You get the same problem, i.e. it recognizes your card is Irish so you can't buy a Turkish gift card.

Agreed, but I was referencing buying a Thai one with a Thai card!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I am going by this https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/212155109-Deezer-gift-cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Just got an email out of the blue. My Turkish Deezer hifi yearly subscription has just renewed on my Irish credit card. My revolut card was declined on my renewal date 14th August so I gave up hope. I have Spotify too through a work phone so wasn't bothered it was finished. But someone working in Deezer has switched payment to my Ulster bank MasterCard. €38.50 is showing as pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

My deezer is still showing premium, but when i try and look how long left it says its not premium. Should be 2 years left as stacked gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

iHungry wrote: »
    Just got an email out of the blue. My Turkish Deezer hifi yearly subscription has just renewed on my Irish credit card. My revolut card was declined on my renewal date 14th August so I gave up hope. I have Spotify too through a work phone so wasn't bothered it was finished. But someone working in Deezer has switched payment to my Ulster bank MasterCard. €38.50 is showing as pending.

Is that 38.50 for the year ?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Is that 38.50 for the year ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I, (like many other people it seems) reached the end of my annual Turkish account on the ninth of August.

I had received several emails to resubscribe to them, and initially thought I'd just leave it as I was already getting Google music/YouTube premium via a similar trick, but then thought ah sure I might as well keep it for work purposes (as I travel for work, like - a lot) and it's almost free...

Wouldn't take payment from my revolut card, but the account is saying it's still premium, and next payment is due on the 09/0919

Is there a glitch in their system or what lol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

@Johnny Dogs : last year, when the annual deezer deal for 16 euro was all about on boards, i signed up to premium ( trial 30 days ) and a day later bought the annual sub; so had 13 months, that are due to finish on sept 9th.

Since i didn't use it much , wanted to cancel it: didn't see a cancel option on android app or pc webapp; sent a mail to customer care, and they put me on the free tier, after the annual sub is expired...

@offtopic: odd that no one with Turkish card didn't bought gift codes , and sell it for a 10% profit, yet..

Na I don't think it's down to it being because if the thirty days trial, I was a premium deezer subscriber before the Turkish Trick, and besides that, I got the emails prompting me to resubscribe in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

It won't save any new card for me, my old one still shows up

My subscription ran out today, just got a notification from Revolut that they paid Deezer 9.99 TL (€1.58) so looks like i'm on monthly payments now.

I had tried to save a number of cards and Revolut was the last one so even although it says it is not accepting cards and the old card is still showing on my account it must be saving them anyway.

Happy to continue with this for the moment, might switch to Spotify down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

My subscription ran out today, just got a notification from Revolut that they paid Deezer 9.99 TL (€1.58) so looks like i'm on monthly payments now.

I had tried to save a number of cards and Revolut was the last one so even although it says it is not accepting cards and the old card is still showing on my account it must be saving them anyway.

Happy to continue with this for the moment, might switch to Spotify down the line

Either get a VPN or

If you looked online for the TOR browser.
    Then google how to set the exit country to argentina. restart the TOR browser.
    Then open www.youtube.com/premium make sure it comes up in the argentinian peso. Then subscribed with your own email, no need for a new one, for a single user it works out at €1.90 a month, family €2.90. Ive 6 people on it.

Use revolut, there isnt an argentinian ARS currency exchange there but create a virtual card and set a limit on it to protect yourself from fluctuations.

Then repeat same process for netflix. Current premium rate working out about 5.90 a month.

While I still have another year to go on my stacked deezer I LOVE the youtube music app on iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Either get a VPN or

If you looked online for the TOR browser.
    Then google how to set the exit country to argentina. restart the TOR browser.
    Then open www.youtube.com/premium make sure it comes up in the argentinian peso. Then subscribed with your own email, no need for a new one, for a single user it works out at €1.90 a month, family €2.90. Ive 6 people on it.

Use revolut, there isnt an argentinian ARS currency exchange there but create a virtual card and set a limit on it to protect yourself from fluctuations.

Then repeat same process for netflix. Current premium rate working out about 5.90 a month.

While I still have another year to go on my stacked deezer I LOVE the youtube music app on iphone.

I have YouTube premium via India but when I set up the family sub and sent out the invites it picked up they weren't in the second country as the main sub, how did you get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

funnyname wrote: »
    I have YouTube premium via India but when I set up the family sub and sent out the invites it picked up they weren't in the second country as the main sub, how did you get around this?

I added family members to my Google account before joining YouTube premium.
    I didn't do it intentionally for YouTube premium but I had it done to share my Google apps.

how do you mean they werent in the second country?

I didnt check that but I know the invites went to my family and when they accepted the invites they were able to login to youtube premium. I can check later this evening. Is it a problem?

My main gmail address was used, when I go to account I see premium and see the argentinian ARS price that Im paying,

how do you mean they werent in the second country?

I didnt check that but I know the invites went to my family and when they accepted the invites they were able to login to youtube premium. I can check later this evening. Is it a problem?

My main gmail address was used, when I go to account I see premium and see the argentinian ARS price that Im paying,

I signed up for premium via India with a random address in India and my revolut card before I had any family members on my account. I then sent out an invite and that person wasn't allowed to join as the pop up they got said they were trying to join a plan that wasn't from the same country they were based in.

I signed up for premium via India with a random address in India and my revolut card before I had any family members on my account. I then sent out an invite and that person wasn't allowed to join as the pop up they got said they were trying to join a plan that wasn't from the same country they were based in.

I didnt get that, I added 2 family members who already had gmail account, then created another one for a teenager, added her, she got an invite, accepted, downloaded the app and premium works.

Maybe its got to do with the india region.

While I still have the pages open. Follow instructions here to set a specific exit country in TOR.

get the TOR browser here

https://www.torproject.org/download/

then followig instructions here
    https://m.wikihow.com/Set-a-Specific-Country-in-a-Tor-Browser

open the TOR browser.
    this will create the torrc file in users data which on my machine is at following path.

C:\Users\clint\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor

close TOR.
    you have to edit the torrc, add these 2 lines to end of it to set your exit country to argentina
    EntryNodes {ie} StrictNodes 1
    ExitNodes {ar} StrictNodes 1

Then open TOR again and if youre lucky and the exit point is up, then youll now be in argentina.

In TOR open www.youtube.com\premium and if you see the price in argentinian pesos, you know youre in.

Heres the country codes for other countrys
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180328074444/http://www.b3rn3d.com/blog/2014/03/05/tor-country-codes/

repeat for netflix.

Ive had mixed results with TOR, for example if you set it to russia, you might find you end up exiting in moldova.
    If you google russian TOR exit points and find reports of guys going to jail or going missing, you can make your own mind up.

• Advertisement

I didnt get that, I added 2 family members who already had gmail account, then created another one for a teenager, added her, she got an invite, accepted, downloaded the app and premium works.

Maybe its got to do with the india region.

Same here, however I had changed my main Google account location to the UK earlier in the year (in an attempt to get Deezer to work with Google home) and it wouldn't let me bring anyone else into that family, as they were in a different country. (Ireland)

I had to then set up an alternative Google account, and sign up there, once signed up and revolut card entered etc, I then invited other family members into a family account, no problem whatsoever.

Only thing to be careful of, is to make sure you trust who you add, as they can effectively order what they like from Google play store, and it's you that will be paying.

Same here, however I had changed my main Google account location to the UK earlier in the year (in an attempt to get Deezer to work with Google home) and it wouldn't let me bring anyone else into that family, as they were in a different country. (Ireland)

I had to then set up an alternative Google account, and sign up there, once signed up and revolut card entered etc, I then invited other family members into a family account, no problem whatsoever.

Only thing to be careful of, is to make sure you trust who you add, as they can effectively order what they like from Google play store, and it's you that will be paying.

So with the alternative account, which country did you sign up through for the cheaper premium plan?

So with the alternative account, which country did you sign up through for the cheaper premium plan?

Irish Google account, set VPN to India, then invited my family members to it (also Irish accounts)

Paid via revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Well that worked! I wonder how long for? 119ars per month. (€1.95). Obvs I am actually in Argentina at the moment..... Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

My hifi Deezer renewed as normal off my boi card 38 euro for the year ðŸ˜

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

While I still have the pages open. Follow instructions here to set a specific exit country in TOR.

get the TOR browser here

https://www.torproject.org/download/

then followig instructions here
    https://m.wikihow.com/Set-a-Specific-Country-in-a-Tor-Browser

open the TOR browser.
    this will create the torrc file in users data which on my machine is at following path.

C:\Users\clint\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor

close TOR.
    you have to edit the torrc, add these 2 lines to end of it to set your exit country to argentina

Then open TOR again and if youre lucky and the exit point is up, then youll now be in argentina.

In TOR open www.youtube.com\premium and if you see the price in argentinian pesos, you know youre in.

Heres the country codes for other countrys
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180328074444/http://www.b3rn3d.com/blog/2014/03/05/tor-country-codes/

repeat for netflix.

Ive had mixed results with TOR, for example if you set it to russia, you might find you end up exiting in moldova.
    If you google russian TOR exit points and find reports of guys going to jail or going missing, you can make your own mind up.

Clint thanks so much for this from sunny Buenos Aires ;) YouTube music working a dream and my wife got her invite and joined the family group no bother.

Will do Netflix tomorrow

I signed up to netflix in argentina but something was bothering me about something I sseen about tax, argentina have a "non-resident service tax" for any online service that doesnt orginate in argentina. theres a big list that includes just about all our favorites.

I'll wait until the first bill comes in but if its for whatever I thought I was going be paying PLUS 21% VAT then a rethink is required.

https://blog.taxamo.com/insights/argentina-digital-services-tax

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I switched my deezer payment to a revolut card with a turkish wallet. I purchased a 12 month sub last year and it ran out on the 9th. It then switched to a rolling 1 month sub and it took the payment from my revolut card with no issues. 9.99 turish lira for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

I switched my deezer payment to a revolut card with a turkish wallet. I purchased a 12 month sub last year and it ran out on the 9th. It then switched to a rolling 1 month sub and it took the payment from my revolut card with no issues. 9.99 turish lira for the month.

How did you use a Turkish wallet? I've tried using Revolut, credit and debit card but it keeps declining the transaction telling me that I need to go to the Irish site to buy a gift card🙄
    I used a gift card last year but it's expired now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jonosam wrote: »
    How did you use a Turkish wallet? I've tried using Revolut, credit and debit card but it keeps declining the transaction telling me that I need to go to the Irish site to buy a gift card��
    I used a gift card last year but it's expired now.

when i added the revolut card to deezer it told me that it couldn't add it. when i checked later it had actually added it and it took the monthly sub from it. i dont know how that would work for an annual sub.

Advertisement