Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

You can renew but not with an Irish card, or Revolut. When you enter the card details it'll offer to take you to the Irish site (and price).

So,
    What options are we left with ?
    ie.
    Spotify?
    deezer?
    Youtube music?

As in, which one is available through vpn at a reduced price, and which of any take Irish card/revolut card?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Similar to this, VPN set to India.

Less than €2 a month for six users.

Just signed up to these using vpn as well....1.25euro a month.

ebayissues wrote: »
    Just signed up to these using vpn as well....1.25euro a month.

Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

vectra wrote: »
    Revolut?
    yea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Slightly off topic but at the same time on topic. I've tried to sign up for Spotify through India and Turkey but no joy as my revolut card doesn't fit for either country. Is there any other way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

funnyname wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but at the same time on topic. I've tried to sign up for Spotify through India and Turkey but no joy as my revolut card doesn't fit for either country. Is there any other way around this?

No. They've copped that trick.

Signed up for YouTube premium via India, however no doubt they will cop that on as well

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Can you change Revolut billing country to Turkey and renew that way?
    Update: no, Turkey isnt an available country on Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

Signed up for YouTube premium via India, however no doubt they will cop that on as well

Do you have to create a throwaway account (In case google terminate the account for violating their T&C) as the master account and then invite yourself from the family package? I've read in a few places that some people are having issue with getting the family to join in due to different country..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement

lau1247 wrote: »
    Do you have to create a throwaway account (In case google terminate the account for violating their T&C) as the master account and then invite yourself from the family package? I've read in a few places that some people are having issue with getting the family to join in due to different country..

I created a new account and I've added that new account to my Android devices. Not sure if I'll set up a family account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Set up a virtual wallet in Turkish lira on Revolut, top it up and point the card to the Deezer account. That is what I did and they are still taking 14.99 TL every month without issues.

Revolut might be failing due to the currency conversion if there is no Turkish wallet set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

trying to setup a revolut account at the moment. any idea what to put in for a postcode?

ETA: Ignore the question. It accepted my eircode.

Ok i do have a genuine question now. My deezer account runs until September 7th. At that stage it will start to take out 14.99 turkish lira a month. my current payment method is my credit card which i understand will now be rejected as it is not denominated in turkish lira. i have setup a revolut account with a turkisk wallet as mentioned above but how do i set that as the payment source for deezer?

Ok i do have a genuine question now. My deezer account runs until September 7th. At that stage it will start to take out 14.99 turkish lira a month. my current payment method is my credit card which i understand will now be rejected as it is not denominated in turkish lira. i have setup a revolut account with a turkisk wallet as mentioned above but how do i set that as the payment source for deezer?

Under main screen of the latest android app, select my music, then settings from the top right screen, then manage my account, then manage my subscription.

lau1247 wrote: »

I joined the family subscription and sent an invite to my main account however when I tried to validate it I got the following message

Problem while joining family group

Looks like you're in a different country from the family manager

So to try and get around the Spotify issue payment card not matching the country of the Spotify account, I'm thinking a prepaid credit card from either Turkey or India would do the trick. Must getting looking to see if anyone I know knows anyone headed to either country in the next while, or is it even possible to buy one of these online?

Under main screen of the latest android app, select my music, then settings from the top right screen, then manage my account, then manage my subscription.

I got that far already but when it asks to select payment type it only gives me the option of entering a credit car number. Now i know i can order a physical revolut card but how do i tell it to take the money from the turkish lira wallet?

I got that far already but when it asks to select payment type it only gives me the option of entering a credit car number. Now i know i can order a physical revolut card but how do i tell it to take the money from the turkish lira wallet?

you can also use your virtual revolut card no from your app under the cards section. No need to ever have money in your turkish wallet as it'll take the money our of your yoyo account doing the fx transaction automatically.

you can also use your virtual revolut card no from your app under the cards section. No need to ever have money in your turkish wallet as it'll take the money our of your yoyo account doing the fx transaction automatically.

No that didnt work even though i have a turkish wallet on the account with lira in it. It still says that the payment is from a different country.

• Advertisement

Last year I set up a Turkish deezer account, bought a 12 month's subscription for about 20 yoyos and then entered that code into my Irish set up deezer account, have a go at that but make sure you use a browser that automatically changes the language from Turkish to English for ease of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It doesn't matter what currency is in your wallet if they detect that the card is Irish.

It seems that people who have been paying monthly are just continuing as normal? If that was the case I'd keep my head down and do nothing for as long as it lasts.

In my own case i stacked two annual subscriptions using gift cards so I'll worry about renewal next year. I tested trying to buy another gift card and it detected that the card was Irish so no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The deezer turkish loophole is defo closed unless you opted to have the payments taken every month after the initial year. I didn't so when my subscription ended I couldn't renew with my revolut card.

Similar to this, VPN set to India.

Less than €2 a month for six users.

What payment method are you using, Indian Rupee isn't listed in revolut.

So are our only options Youtube premium through India with Revolut card?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,264 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is it still possible to stack another year or two onto an existing account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

vectra wrote: »
    So are our only options Youtube premium through India with Revolut card?

Seems so but as per my question to the person who already did it, I'm wondering how they paid as Revolut doesn't have the rupee currency option.

.G. wrote: »
    Seems so but as per my question to the person who already did it, I'm wondering how they paid as Revolut doesn't have the rupee currency option.

I think it is to let it convert on the fly (i.e. like if you have no Sterling and have only euro and you head over to UK and use the card, it will take from your euro account).

Funny enough, Revolut used to take rupee but not anymore.

I joined the family subscription and sent an invite to my main account however when I tried to validate it I got the following message

Yeah that was what I was afraid of but I guess at that price, can't really complain about it much for not being able to use the main account as part of family.

Not the end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

From revolut website "" You can not prepurchase INR,its not supported to hold it .
    Revolut will make exchange from your base currency at best possible rate,when you pay with your card""

And just to check I have just done this and paid for YouTube family in ruppes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I stacked 2 years. Wish I did 4. Still one of the best alerts on here, even if I have to start paying normal price. I wonder if we could purchase a prepaid travelers debit card online and make it work?

Advertisement