Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre Jacob missing twenty years Today.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-likely-to-recommend-charges-in-20-year-old-jacob-cold-case-985371.html

Hopefully there is enough evidence for a conviction, fair play to the Gardai for not giving up.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

doesn't sound like they have much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

doesn't sound like they have much?

Don't know how you can deduce that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Don't know how you can deduce that.

just two items mentioned that jumped out, an unreliable witness and an anonymous caller?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

just two items mentioned that jumped out, an unreliable witness and an anonymous caller?

Have you read the file sent to the DPP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Be right back

I really hope that her family will get justice for Deirdre eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Its obviously LM they are looking at.

Drag him through the system if the DPP decide to prosecute. Put it to a jury of his peers.

You'd wonder how many more cases either reported on unreported that guy was responsible for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Drag him through the system if the DPP decide to prosecute. Put it to a jury of his peers.

You'd wonder how many more cases either reported on unreported that guy was responsible for.

Have you read the file sent to the DPP?

feckin glued to it man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Just a taught.. But i wonder has the UK's recent decision to remove themselves from the European arrest warrant post Brexit forced the Guards hands on this and rushing through files for the dpp if it is LM. I hope they have a strong case should charges be brought.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

eh does forewarning him not give Murphy a golden chance to get out of the UK and EU entirely and into a country with no extradition to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I’d imagine the suspect, if it is LM or another, is being watched closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Be right back

I hope so.

But without an arrest warrant can they stop the suspect travelling out of the UK? I wouldnt have thought so unless there is a warrant and they've signalled now that they are only proceeding to sending a file to the DPP "in the next fortnight".

Ive no doubt that the Met know where the suspect is and his movements but as of right now he has a passport and the freedom to go where ever he wants from what I can see.

Maybe Im missing something but it doesnt seem like a good idea to be publicising this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Muahahaha wrote: »
    But without an arrest warrant can they stop the suspect travelling out of the UK? I wouldnt have thought so unless there is a warrant and they've signalled now that they are only proceeding to sending a file to the DPP "in the next fortnight".

Ive no doubt that the Met know where the suspect is and his movements but as of right now he has a passport and the freedom to go where ever he wants from what I can see.

Maybe Im missing something but it doesnt seem like a good idea to be publicising this info.

Sometimes the Gardaí release information in the hope that it will encourage the suspect to make a move. I’d hazard a guess that this is what is happening here. As soon as he (or indeed she) makes an attempt to make a move to run, the Gardaí will be on him/her.

Sometimes the Gardaí release information in the hope that it will encourage the suspect to make a move. I’d hazard a guess that this is what is happening here. As soon as he (or indeed she) makes an attempt to make a move to run, the Gardaí will be on him/her.
    r

Get what you're saying but without an arrest warrant they cant do anything AFAIK. Theyve already said that they're only sending a file to the DPP now who will decide what charges (if any) will be put down and from that they have to get a European Arrest Warrant. Its all going to take a couple of months all the while his travel is unrestricted. And while Im sure the Met know where he lives right now I doubt they have detective tailing him 24.7, he could go underground and surface in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Sorry to hijack and old thread, but listening to Barry Cummins book missing and one thing stands out. Many have said Murphy stalked his victim and followed her in carlow before abducting her, this doesn't seem to be the case. Even taking Murphy own statement into account, for what it can be believed, its an opportunity that presented itself rather than pre planned. He still had his child seat in the car!

Why I think that is relevant is because it means that DJ could have been a spur of the moment abduction. DJ and Jojo only two I can really see his being possible for, though Annie mccarrick is haunting, literally without a trace. No confirmed sightings, bar the two bouncers in Johnny foxes and I'm. Not certain the Garda and certain on that

I highly recommend the Cummins book by the way, excellent detail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack and old thread, but listening to Barry Cummins book missing and one thing stands out. Many have said Murphy stalked his victim and followed her in carlow before abducting her, this doesn't seem to be the case. Even taking Murphy own statement into account, for what it can be believed, its an opportunity that presented itself rather than pre planned. He still had his child seat in the car!

Why I think that is relevant is because it means that DJ could have been a spur of the moment abduction. DJ and Jojo only two I can really see his being possible for, though Annie mccarrick is haunting, literally without a trace. No confirmed sightings, bar the two bouncers in Johnny foxes and I'm. Not certain the Garda and certain on that

Its possible he had the child seat in the car to allay any suspicions, in a similar way to Ted Bundy and the sling on his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

While the Deirdre Jacob case may have been a spur of the moment situation the fact that her body has not been recovered is significant. It indicates that it was committed by someone who did not panic but remained cool enough to make a good disposal of the body.

• Advertisement

It to detract from DJ, but de Annie McCarrick, apparently she was actually sighted in Poppie's Café in a Enniskerry Village by a lady working in the shop, where a man offered to buy her a slice of cake.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/us-investigators-main-suspect-annie-mccarrick

I think there's a thread that covers all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Got the book recently. It is very good but tragic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

It was reported somewhere that LM had previously done work on Deirdre Jacobs grandmothers shop, he could have been watching her without anyone noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Edgware wrote: »
    While the Deirdre Jacob case may have been a spur of the moment situation the fact that her body has not been recovered is significant. It indicates that it was committed by someone who did not panic but remained cool enough to make a good disposal of the body.

This is a very good point.
    In fact NONE of the bodies have been recovered - not a footprint, not a hairclip, no trace - GONE

So I'm betting that whoever dunnit had a sure and certain way of getting ridof any evidence, which he seems to have used over and over again:
    -- so, where are they?

I know it is guesswork; but there can be good and bad guesses.

The Gárdaí did spend some time looking into quarries and gravel-pits in the Kildare area...I wonder why?

If it was you or I who had to hide bodies - at that time and location - what would you have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

Day Lewin wrote: »
    This is a very good point.
    In fact NONE of the bodies have been recovered - not a footprint, not a hairclip, no trace - GONE

So I'm betting that whoever dunnit had a sure and certain way of getting ridof any evidence, which he seems to have used over and over again:
    -- so, where are they?

I know it is guesswork; but there can be good and bad guesses.

The Gárdaí did spend some time looking into quarries and gravel-pits in the Kildare area...I wonder why?

If it was you or I who had to hide bodies - at that time and location - what would you have done?

Have a bit of respect ffs. "What would you have done with their bodies" :mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

spakman wrote: »
    Have a bit of respect ffs. "What would you have done with their bodies" :mad::confused:

No disrespect intended!

If we will wonder about the fate of these missing women, and the ongoing tragedy of their being unsolved, it is not disrespectful at all to wonder about where they might have ended up: and it's only natural to try and guess - what would a criminal in that position be likely to have done, to cover up all traces?

I'm not a criminal, nor am I unsympathetic, nor insensitive; but I think it's a fair question.

I'd be betting on something like a building site - a place where a carpenter might well be working. Foundations being dug and concrete poured.
    And the wide, wild Dublin mountains. And the midland bogs. They hide many secrets.

I really hope these missing women cases do get solved and some kind of ending for the families.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The bodies being missing is only 1 factor. Could have been buried at sea. Small boat, a corpse in a suit bag or similar weighted down doubled over, dropped overboard...

The fact nothing has really been found on land is strange. No signs of a crime scene, forensic evidence, witnesses.. so weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/BLOOD+BROTHERS+EXCLUSIVE%3B+Murderer+Crerar+and+sex+beast+Murphy+joined...-a0109236032

Interesting read about Murphy and his movements at this time. The account of the screams from the quarry is particularly chilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

From readin the book, antoinette Smith, Annie mccarrick, deirdre Jacob's and jojo Dollard have no real serious suspects. While no less tragic tha the others , its absolutey frightening there isn't a single solid suspect in those cases.

Many of the others, the suspect is know, just can't be proven

Edit to say, if I had to guess I'd only really see Murphy for the DJ case. I find Annie mccarrick case terrifying, not sure why more than the others but I do. Totally just vanished and no real solid evidence where she was for last few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A lot of these tragic events were happening in the mid or late 1990’s. It was towards the end of the truly basic analog world .. mobile phones were two or three years away from being in common usage. the likes of cctv wasn’t near the quality as we know today or as widespread and common.

Advertisement