Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre Jacob missing twenty years Today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

OB1Kildare wrote: »
    2 weeks ago they were definitely looking at something - they looked to be scanning or something , and they were over where those quarrys are - they were over kilsaran on friday evening this week .

What can they see from the air though?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭OB1Kildare

Dtp1979 wrote: »

its the hot weather , its dried out the ground . did you see in meath they are after finding new ring forts that they never knew were there because the ground is so dry . This is in effect the same ..the outline of things buried would be more obvious ...also lets say in the case of the bog , the heat would dry it out and buried things could pop to the surface . A body was found in an irish bog many years after a crime in this way - it literally popped out of the bank .
    its weird so see the helipcopters over the curragh so late in the evening at dusk ..unless they are following us dog walkers

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jayo99

jayo99 wrote: »
    not sure if its related or not but the police helicopter was hovering over a quarry in the Ballysax/Curragh area this evening around 8:15pm. This is the second time I've seen it in this spot in the last two weeks.

2 weeks ago they were definitely looking at something - they looked to be scanning or something , and they were over where those quarrys are - they were over kilsaran on friday evening this week .
    Yeah that's the same night I saw them.
    Unfortunately many of the fields around there which I walked as a kid are now quarries so the landscape has changed drastically :(

Unfortunately many of the fields around there which I walked as a kid are now quarries so the landscape has changed drastically :(

wheres the disused one ? or does that one exist . Its on Aga Kann land apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Dtp1979 wrote: »

They are probably using ground penetrating radar or laser to look for small patches of disturbed soil .

• Advertisement

wheres the disused one ? or does that one exist . Its on Aga Kann land apparently
    Rumoured to be this one -
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1268172,-6.8303749,3a,75y,282.09h,72.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snzhfYLaFwAixrAYG-7brWQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The amount of times she was stabbed indicates the killer knew here according to some profilers. Lots of stabs equals anger/punishment on the part of the killer, or so the profilers say. I have seen an actual number somewhere but i cannot recall it

That idea does not always follow true.
    Irene White in Dundalk was stabbed over 40 times according to her family but the killer did not know her. He was paid by a third party who is in custody and refusing to say who he was acting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

its the hot weather , its dried out the ground . did you see in meath they are after finding new ring forts that they never knew were there because the ground is so dry . This is in effect the same ..the outline of things buried would be more obvious ...also lets say in the case of the bog , the heat would dry it out and buried things could pop to the surface . A body was found in an irish bog many years after a crime in this way - it literally popped out of the bank .
    its weird so see the helipcopters over the curragh so late in the evening at dusk ..unless they are following us dog walkers

Never trust a dog Walker. How many times have we heard the newsreaders say "The victims body was found by a man out walking his dog"

Ths time with the link enabled :)
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1268172,-6.8303749,3a,75y,282.09h,72.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snzhfYLaFwAixrAYG-7brWQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

People here like to dramatize .
    Bodies popping out of bogs and burials been found from the sky .
    What a load of crap .
    There'd many a item buried in ireland from all sorts of animals not to mind rubbish through the year before bins .
    What about all the excavating that goes on ,on lands all the years .
    Its pie in the sky stuff .
    Stop the drama .
    Any one here have facts and not dreams ?

• Advertisement

kerry cow wrote: »
    People here like to dramatize .
    Bodies popping out of bogs and burials been found from the sky .
    What a load of crap .
    There'd many a item buried in ireland from all sorts of animals not to mind rubbish through the year before bins .
    What about all the excavating that goes on ,on lands all the years .
    Its pie in the sky stuff .
    Stop the drama .
    Any one here have facts and not dreams ?

not drama at all .

the heatwave of 1988 lead to antionette symiths body being found in the wicklow mountains - on boggy land , the ring forths in meath were in the paper last month - the heritage council are jumping up and down about them- the indentation of them literally popped out of the ground when the aerial pictures were taken .

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/scene-of-natural-beauty-reveals-terrifying-secrets-243762.html

as for the quarry /dump - that has been disused for decades...an interesting fact about that land is a former head of security who looked after that land is in prison now ...serving time for the brutal rape and murder of a young woman 20 years earlier ...he was out and roaming around scott free in 1998 and there is a belief that he was friends with LM ....not drama just what is being said locally ....must be something in it if the guard helicopter is out would you not think, they are out scanning and then the next week the case is upgraded . its about 5 miles from DJ house

didnt think it was there ....somehow i thought it was near maddenstown ...dont know why . right few houses there but you could access it on the other side ....shocked by that

didnt think it was there ....somehow i thought it was near maddenstown ...dont know why . right few houses there but you could access it on the other side ....shocked by that
    Yeah but again, don't forget about time.. 
    The closest group of houses (to the right of the gate) would only have been 2 houses around that time. Now it's more,  as people have extended/built on.

Yeah but again, don't forget about time.. 
    The closest group of houses (to the right of the gate) would only have been 2 houses around that time. Now it's more,  as people have extended/built on.

your right back then there would not have been much near it at all ....before and after it is all relatively new houses . the back road to many places that road is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Edgware wrote: »
    Never trust a dog Walker. How many times have we heard the newsreaders say "The victims body was found by a man out walking his dog"

It also happened in the departed movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I really hope the parents get Deirdres body back before they die.

She would be almost forty years old now and probably have children of her own.

I think she had only one sibling so life must have been so hard for this sibling.When her parents pass on she will have no immediate family left.

I hope whoever murdered Deirdre rots in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Seen a new article today where the Gardai have received 70 odd new pieces of information since the upgrading of the investigation to murder.

Also DJ's father appealing to people not to focus only on Larry Murphy (he didn't name him, but that's what he meant) as there are numerous other people of interest as possible suspects.

I just hope it leads to something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

The amount of times she was stabbed indicates the killer knew here according to some profilers. Lots of stabs equals anger/punishment on the part of the killer, or so the profilers say. I have seen an actual number somewhere but i cannot recall it

That idea does not always follow true.
    Irene White in Dundalk was stabbed over 40 times according to her family but the killer did not know her. He was paid by a third party who is in custody and refusing to say who he was acting for.
    That is true. Did not mean to say i agreed with it. Some profiler said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

The strangling attempt by Murphy with the girls bra always reminded me of this case.

Antoinette Smith, 27, was abducted and murdered, strangled with her own bra at Kilakee in June 1988

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Found this interesting article
    [HTML]https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/women-were-not-victims-of-serial-killer-and-many-knew-their-abductor-former-detective-31469671.html[/HTML]

"In the case of Deirdre Jacob, there are allegations that a prisoner serving a lengthy sentence for sex-related crimes had made an admission to another prisoner during a drinking spree in the prison.
    "For JoJo Dullard, there was a suggestion of a criminal who had served a sentence for a sex-related crime had met her when she was thumbing on the road.
    "In Annie McCarrick's case, intelligence was received from a very reliable source indicating an IRA hitman who was on the run from the North and was holed up in the south.
    "He met her in Johnnie Fox's Pub and made admissions while drunk that he later regretted. He is still living in America."

Date of this article is 2015. LM was out 5 years at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Seen a new article today where the Gardai have received 70 odd new pieces of information since the upgrading of the investigation to murder.

Also DJ's father appealing to people not to focus only on Larry Murphy (he didn't name him, but that's what he meant) as there are numerous other people of interest as possible suspects.

I just hope it leads to something
    Hopefully these "new pieces of information" are better than the "no smoke without fire" stuff listed here

Ande1975 wrote: »
    Found this interesting article
    [HTML]https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/women-were-not-victims-of-serial-killer-and-many-knew-their-abductor-former-detective-31469671.html[/HTML]

"In the case of Deirdre Jacob, there are allegations that a prisoner  serving a lengthy sentence for sex-related crimes had made an admission  to another prisoner during a drinking spree in the prison.
    "For JoJo Dullard, there was a suggestion of a criminal who had  served a sentence for a sex-related crime had met her when she was  thumbing on the road.
    "In Annie McCarrick's case, intelligence was received from a very  reliable source indicating an IRA hitman who was on the run from the  North and was holed up in the south.
    "He met her in Johnnie Fox's Pub and made admissions while drunk that he later regretted. He is still living in America."

Date of this article is 2015. LM was out 5 years at that point.
    Killers of Sinnot and Pender are known too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Killers of Sinnot and Pender are known too

If they are known, why have they not been jailed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

goat2 wrote: »

How many murderers in Ireland have been jailed without a body or confession ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

goat2 wrote: »
    potential witness(es) covering for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

julyjane wrote: »
    potential witness(es) covering for them.

Either that, or lack of evidence. "Just knowing" may feel very certain but the courts want something more concrete.
    In both the Pender and Sinnott cases there are clear leads and lines of inquiry, pointing in very specific directions. It seems likely that there are those who know (or suspect) more than they are telling - possibly, families of the suspects, etc.

In the McCarrick case, there are no real leads at all: but plenty of unanswered questions - like, how did Annie get from Enniskerry to Glencullen?

Shrugging off a mystery as "oh it must be a cover-up!" or "A mystery IRA killer" is kind of an easy get-out - and again, the courts need actual evidence to prosecute.

This is why the McCarrick, Dollard, and Jacob mysteries are grouped together: there is a kind of question-mark over Antoinette Smith (who was found strangled months after disappearing) but the most obvious explanation for her murder seems to be two men she met late at night in Dublin. Tragic, but more "normal" than the inexplicable vanishings.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

https://www.facebook.com/john.pender.37/videos/10216354793732242/?fb_dtsg_ag=AdzvCAJPFLfqbfkLgS11qg1dckx00kfQWSIUntuGj3NYqw:AdyhO7L8KIaUzDAUJQR0Sw5DQBplwPUFeg_MaWfNavH46w
    If you can get into that link, Its a short documentary done on Fiona Pender with her brother John. A good watch if you have few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

https://www.facebook.com/john.pender.37/videos/10216354793732242/?fb_dtsg_ag=AdzvCAJPFLfqbfkLgS11qg1dckx00kfQWSIUntuGj3NYqw:AdyhO7L8KIaUzDAUJQR0Sw5DQBplwPUFeg_MaWfNavH46w
    If you can get into that link, Its a short documentary done on Fiona Pender with her brother John. A good watch if you have few minutes.

if you watched that and you knew something you would have to come forward - its destroyed this family ....so sad

• Advertisement

"If they are known, why have they not been jailed yet"

There has to be evidence that will stand up in court and prove it beyond reasonable doubt and which cannot be successfully challenged by defence. the accused has a right to defence and the state has to prove their claims.

Advertisement