Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    though with the way every forth star was manually added afterwards. could they not have just mass produced with no stars and then added 3 or 4 as required?

Nobody cares for your rational thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Very happy with the comments from Tomane yesterday. He confirmed that he approached us about a move here. One of the most important things a foreign player can do is buy into the place. That he had done before he even arrived is fantastic. I’ve no doubt he’ll bust a gut for this club and could be a perfect foil for Byrne and ROL in the midfield. Looking forward to seeing how he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Speaking of ROL, would be nice to see him at 12 more next season. He looked really good when he replaced Isa in the last few games

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

salmocab wrote: »

It's not rational.

That just ensures the extra costs would have been applied to production whether or not Leinster won the competition. Adding only the fourth star at least ensured no extra cost had Leinster failed to win (which was most likely at the time).

This is a bizarre thing to have a problem with really! Can't understand why its such a big deal

This is a bizarre thing to have a problem with really! Can't understand why its such a big deal

These threads always end up being about star wars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Saw RO'CK retweeted this about the jersey :pac:
    https://twitter.com/MalachyClerkin/status/1027185378699227146

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

stephen_n wrote: »
    They’re only heat sealed on, not screen printed :eek: that’s f@*ing ridiculous for €75 a pop.
    I don’t understand how previous kit designers have managed to get the 2nd and 3rd stars on without issue but getting the 4th star on has been so incredibly challenging. Seems just like a complete **** up.
    Tomtom364 wrote: »
    though with the way every forth star was manually added afterwards. could they not have just mass produced with no stars and then added 3 or 4 as required?

also, that alternative gear looks like some form of algae or mold to me
    the main strip is decent

Disaster imho. The way the 4 stars have been horseshoed in makes them look like seconds. Incredible when they are not even stitched in. 4 could have been pressed on and centred as easy as the 4th one was done. I will not be buying. Embarassing if you ask me, I'd say some lads in HQ are not happy.

Having said all that if they do want to continue with it I'd be going with a gold 4.... or gold 5 next year instead of all the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Disgrace. I've been onto Liveline about it already and I'm going to occupy a house in the inner city until it's rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    Disgrace. I've been onto Liveline about it already and I'm going to occupy a house in the inner city until it's rectified.

Please call into these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

That 4th star is a little cringe. block it out and the remaining 3 are perfectly centered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Public sales of tickets for Ospreys (Fri Nov 23rd) gone live since 10, if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

DGRulz wrote: »
    Saw RO'CK retweeted this about the jersey :pac:
    https://twitter.com/MalachyClerkin/status/1027185378699227146

What’s next? The bluest shirt ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

swiwi_ wrote: »
    What’s next? The bluest shirt ever...

Careful now, stocking up those civil war rivalries!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

salmocab wrote: »

It's not rational.

That just ensures the extra costs would have been applied to production whether or not Leinster won the competition. Adding only the fourth star at least ensured no extra cost had Leinster failed to win (which was most likely at the time).

That off centre placement is going to massively affect sales. The cost of this is going to be much larger for not having planned accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That off centre placement is going to massively affect sales. The cost of this is going to be much larger for not having planned accordingly.

Will it really? People may bitch and moan, we are Irish after all. I doubt there will be any real affect on sales though. People will still buy it, same as the Chequers and day glow **** they moaned about before.

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I just don't get why it was never a problem for Canterbury

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

not at all

these jerseys are going to be lapped up

The weren't entering their first year as supplier when we won

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

2hp8805.jpg

nothing wrong with it

• Advertisement

The weren't entering their first year as supplier when we won
    Why should that affect the ability to prepare for this situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

How are you not getting this?

"Planning accordingly" would have meant producing jerseys with four stars before the cup was won.

If we hadn't won, those jerseys would be worthless AND you'd have people crowing about the arrogance of Leinster to presume they'd win, we'd have been absolutely crucified.

I know we haven't had rugby in a while and there isn't much to discuss but this is f**king ridiculous.

How are you not getting this?

"Planning accordingly" would have meant producing jerseys with four stars before the cup was won.

If we hadn't won, those jerseys would be worthless AND you'd have people crowing about the arrogance of Leinster to presume they'd win, we'd have been absolutely crucified.

I know we haven't had rugby in a while and there isn't much to discuss but this is f**king ridiculous.
    If you spent a bit of time reading instead of reacting you'll see people have proposed a solution to that and also our previous kit manufacturer didn't have a problem with it.

Jaysus can they please just televise the Montauban game so we can get back to some sensibility

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Jaysus can they please just televise the Montauban game so we can get back to some sensibility

Not until the stars are aligned!!

If you spent a bit of time reading instead of reacting you'll see people have proposed a solution to that and also our previous kit manufacturer didn't have a problem with it.

I've spent too much time reading this already.

A thread name proposal:

Leinster Team Talk X; The Fault in Our Stars

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

sydthebeat wrote: »

nothing wrong with it

Have they actually registered the word LEINSTER or the whole term 'Leinster Rugby' ?

Is there anything to be said for another jersey drawing competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Team for Montauban

Leinster Rugby

15. James Lowe
    14. Adam Byrne
    13. Rory O'Loughlin
    12. Joe Tomane
    11. Barry Daly
    10. Noel Reid
    9. Nick McCarthy
    1. Peter Dooley