Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Comments

Ha. Noulder's one is quite baggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

awec wrote: »
    It upsets my OCD how the 4 stars on the blue one appear to be off-centre.

I've had discussions about it.

It seems all the graphics online imitate the chest contour so they look quite off centre.

The first star is bang in line with the beginning of the L.

Still, technically not centred, but it isn't just randomly placed as I've seen some tweets allude to

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It seems all the graphics online imitate the chest contour so they look quite off centre.

Still, technically not centred, but it isn't just randomly placed as I've seen some tweets allude to
    A fifth star would balance it out nicely.

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

In the images above it looks pretty much off centre. The star on the left has obviously been added after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I like them both. Adidas were never going to come out with anything very different for their first jerseys I would suggest. It was always going to be simple, but non-divisive.

Also much prefer having a simple jersey like this to some of the slightly crazier ones of recent times.

I expect that the next jersey may be a little more creative though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

In the images above it looks pretty much off centre. The star on the left has obviously been added after the fact.
    This is what happened, common enough knowledge and Leinster have acknowledged it in the press release.

kmart6 wrote: »
    This is what happened, common enough knowledge and Leinster have acknowledged it in the press release.

So there was.

Now credit must also go to the team at adidas for getting the fourth star added above the Leinster crest in time for the launch of these new jerseys.

I know there is a lot more than meets the eye of kit design and I imagine it takes a lot of time and planning.

But surely they would have provisioned for potentially being 4 stars on it?! We were favourites for the trophy in January so they'd have had 8 months to plan it

So what, because Leinster were favourites 4 months before a winner would be crowned Adidas should have started producing the kit with 4 stars then? They didn't have 8 months to plan, they had 88 days from the day of the final to launch day today.

Kit manufacturing which includes some element of acknowledgement of competitions one is always a risk and is part of the business. If Leinster were to win a 5th the same issue will arise again, may just be easier to balance 5 stars.

I don't really like the stripey effect on the home jersey. Looks like its ran in the wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

It's like the unfinished pyramid on top of the dollar bill. There is room for a fifth star.

• Advertisement

So what, because Leinster were favourites 4 months before a winner would be crowned Adidas should have started producing the kit with 4 stars then? They didn't have 8 months to plan, they had 88 days from the day of the final to launch day today.

Kit manufacturing which includes some element of acknowledgement of competitions one is always a risk and is part of the business. If Leinster were to win a 5th the same issue will arise again, may just be easier to balance 5 stars.

Not producing. Planning.

Contingency is a pretty common concept...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Stupid Adidas and Leinster, sure what do they know about tendering for/production of jerseys! Why can't they just do the obviously very easy right thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

If Leinster were to win a 5th the same issue will arise again, may just be easier to balance 5 stars.

Or maybe just get rid of them altogether! For me it's nothing more than rugby dick waving (cleverly dreamed up by the marketing gurus); indeed it's not all that different from a stud bragging about the number of notches on his bedpost.

What matters to any real rugby supporter is the next game and the current season - not what happened in any previous season; our memories exist to tell us about that.

As an aside - I can imagine how we'd react to the idea of an England Rugby jersey displaying 13 stars (the number of times that they've won the Grand Slam) - or just imagine a Welsh jersey with 11 little dragons (or leeks!) on it!

Not for me, thanks. We're playing the Blues in Cardiff in about three weeks' time and that's the game I'm interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Green looks great in this vid and the other ones on the gram of the players putting on the jerseys.

2 thumbs up. Will prob buy all 3

Not producing. Planning.

Contingency is a pretty common concept...

How would you see contingency working here then? If anything they did have a contingency plan and that's what they've done now, left enough time to apply the 4th star to each one before the season started.
    Squatter wrote: »
    Or maybe just get rid of them altogether!

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Hi everyone,

I am a new season ticket holder. I was just wondering when do you receive it after paying? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Hi everyone,

I am a new season ticket holder. I was just wondering when do you receive it after paying? Thanks.

Haven't had one in years but it generally used to be just before the first preseason home game. Once or twice it was after that and they had to send paper tickets for the pre season game(s)

Peregrine wrote: »

Ridiculous. Canterbury always managed to get the additional star stitched on in time for launch. This is very much a case of Adidas producing something late last year or early this year in bulk.

I'm disappointed that it has taken this long to launch and release and still have no date for delivery.

Yea you should ditch the stars. It's a needy concept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yea you should ditch the stars. It's a needy concept.

You're a needy concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

It'll be grand with the 5th star on there this time next year..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Peregrine wrote: »

They’re only heat sealed on, not screen printed :eek: that’s f@*ing ridiculous for €75 a pop.

They'll look well after a few goes through the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Squatter wrote: »
    Or maybe just get rid of them altogether! For me it's nothing more than rugby dick waving (cleverly dreamed up by the marketing gurus); indeed it's not all that different from a stud bragging about the number of notches on his bedpost.

What matters to any real rugby supporter is the next game and the current season - not what happened in any previous season; our memories exist to tell us about that.

As an aside - I can imagine how we'd react to the idea of an England Rugby jersey displaying 13 stars (the number of times that they've won the Grand Slam) - or just imagine a Welsh jersey with 11 little dragons (or leeks!) on it!

Not for me, thanks. We're playing the Blues in Cardiff in about three weeks' time and that's the game I'm interested in.

this. The Stars have always looked a little silly, especially when Leinster are the only team who bother.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    this. The Stars have always looked a little silly, especially when Leinster are the only team who bother.

Best not look up Saracens, Toulon and Toulouse on the internet then :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They're not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Best not look up Saracens, Toulon and Toulouse on the internet then :rolleyes:

my apologies,
    also leicester, munster ,wasps, ulster, bath the list is a lot longer of teams who don't feel the need..

Never liked the start thing myself,
    some love it I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Munster have had 2 stars on jerseys in the past I’m pretty sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

my apologies,
    also leicester, munster ,wasps, ulster, bath the list is a lot longer of teams who don't feel the need..

Never liked the start thing myself,
    some love it I'm sure.

Bath do have one.

Might start looking silly when we get to 8 or 9 though I'll grant you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement