Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

salmocab wrote: »
    Munster have had 2 stars on jerseys in the past I’m pretty sure

some of the hoodies and stuff ya,
    don't recall it ever being on a jersey (could be wrong though)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Three looked nice. Four is getting a bit silly and five would be too many to have on a jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hoodor

Peregrine wrote: »
    Three looked nice. Four is getting a bit silly and five would be too many to have on a jersey.

this is called a good problem to have...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hoodor

Leinster have 44 senior players:
    - 26 forwards - 8 props(4/4), 3 hookers, 6 second rows, 9 backrows.
    - 18 backs - 2 scrumhalves, 2 outhalves, 14 outside backs.

plus:
    - 7 academy forwards, 2 props, 1 hooker, 3 second rows, 1 backrow.
    - 12 academy backs, 2 scrumhalves, 2 outhalves, 8 outside backs.

9 players 30 and over:
    Fardy(34), Sexton(33), Kearney(32), McFadden(32), Bent(32), Cronin(32), Toner(32), SOB(31), Healy(30).

8 senior players not from Leinster underage system:
    Bent(NZ), Cronin(Munster), Fardy(Oz), Nagle(Munster), JGP(NZ), Tomane(Oz), Henshaw(Connacht), Lowe(NZ).

Youngest senior player: Caelan Doris(20)
    Youngest academy player: Aaron O'Sullivan(18)

Squatter wrote: »
    Or maybe just get rid of them altogether! For me it's nothing more than rugby dick waving (cleverly dreamed up by the marketing gurus); indeed it's not all that different from a stud bragging about the number of notches on his bedpost.

What matters to any real rugby supporter is the next game and the current season - not what happened in any previous season; our memories exist to tell us about that.

As an aside - I can imagine how we'd react to the idea of an England Rugby jersey displaying 13 stars (the number of times that they've won the Grand Slam) - or just imagine a Welsh jersey with 11 little dragons (or leeks!) on it!

Not for me, thanks. We're playing the Blues in Cardiff in about three weeks' time and that's the game I'm interested in.

lol there isn't any real rugby supporters the world over in that case. How many times have you watched that Northhampton v Leinster final

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

lol there isn't any real rugby supporters the world over in that case. How many times have you watched that Northhampton v Leinster final

Probably once! After that, I knew the final score so what would be the point in watching it again?

How many times did you watch our epic game in the Sportsgrounds last April? Dozens? I doubt it! (There are only so many times that anyone could want to watch the great John Muldoon attempting a conversion!)

And I suspect that very few Leinster supporters have watched the Bilbao washout more than twice - even thedast-growing masochistic element of our support must draw the line somewhere!

salmocab wrote: »
    Munster have had 2 stars on jerseys in the past I’m pretty sure

Pretty sure that you're wrong. Munster Rugby doesn't need that kind of socceristic dick-waving carry on. Only the 'glamour' clubs do it - the real rugby clubs don't feel the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Pretty sure that you're wrong. Munster Rugby doesn't need that kind of socceristic dick-waving carry on. Only the 'glamour' clubs do it - the real rugby clubs don't feel the need.

Ach-tually, the real rugby clubs avoid this nonsense entirely by just not winning the competition. Sidesteps this unbecoming behaviour entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hahahahahahahaha.

No, but seriously, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

What nonsense over a practice that’s quite common in numerous sports.

molloyjh wrote: »

Hahahahahahahaha.

No, but seriously, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

What nonsense over a practice that’s quite common in numerous sports.

Or, as a grown-up would probably say: "I disagree with you."

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote: »
    Ach-tually, the real rugby clubs avoid this nonsense entirely by just not winning the competition. Sidesteps this unbecoming behaviour entirely.

I hadn't realised that the "real rugby clubs" had appointed a buffoon as their spokesperson. Best of luck in the new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

James Ryan would look good in camouflage lingerie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well, that's enough Boards for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Dubinusa wrote: »
    James Ryan would look good in camouflage lingerie!!!

Frantically calling the guards to raid Venjur’s place of work and remove all devices with Photoshop on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Lol. Adidas usually trot out nice gear. Leinsters is at best....ok.
    I assume that they'll get it together for next year.

Frantically calling the guards to raid Venjur’s place of work and remove all devices with Photoshop on them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxQPzLvaDnaS3rdBgTB38ukn2OR332n9kmOR0zOF_1oUwlmWU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The print on the jersey isn’t great although it’s nice gear otherwise. Nice colour and I like the sleeves and shoulder, just can see past the long grass print though.
    The away gear I’m gonna need to see in person to make up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

I don’t understand how previous kit designers have managed to get the 2nd and 3rd stars on without issue but getting the 4th star on has been so incredibly challenging. Seems just like a complete **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Well it would appear that Munster do actually like a bit of dick-waving

55805141xlarge.jpg?sw=530

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Not a huge fan of the whole stars thing either. Maybe just put them on the European kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Theres a load more Munster gear available on the lifestyle website than Leinster. Casual gear etc. Any hope Leinster will add to what was already released now that the jerseys are out? Or might they hold off until European jersey release? Or might this be all we get?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

b.gud wrote: »
    Well it would appear that Munster do actually like a bit of dick-waving

55805141xlarge.jpg?sw=530

Well, this is awkward.

Well, this is awkward.

That was a once off special edition Jersey specifically for Lunster supporters...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Well, this is awkward.

Polo for European trips doesn't equal actual jersey worn all season does it...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭durthacht

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Polo for European trips doesn't equal actual jersey worn all season does it...

Best put the shovel away and stop digging. You've lost this one quite comprehensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Not a huge fan of the whole stars thing either. Maybe just put them on the European kit?

is it because they are not aligned properly? I can see how you might be bothered by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

57819920xlarge.jpg?sw=530Arawa_bush_2_lge.jpg

Hmmm. Upside down flax bush was my first thought.

We see what the Europe jersey is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Theres a load more Munster gear available on the lifestyle website than Leinster. Casual gear etc. Any hope Leinster will add to what was already released now that the jerseys are out? Or might they hold off until European jersey release? Or might this be all we get?
    No, all off field gear listed now is the full range.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Given the lead in production time, the gear would have been made with the three stars....then we go and win in Bilbao so they have to add the forth.

The symmetry isn’t there as it wasn’t designed from the start as a four star jersey. Presumably it will be fixed for next season assuming we don’t win a fifth.

There’s no way they could wait till May to produce the required number of stars if the stock is to be in shops in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Given the lead in production time, the gear would have been made with the three stars....then we go and win in Bilbao so they have to add the forth.

The symmetry isn’t there as it wasn’t designed from the start as a four star jersey. Presumably it will be fixed for next season assuming we don’t win a fifth.

There’s no way they could wait till May to produce the required number of stars if the stock is to be in shops in August.

though with the way every forth star was manually added afterwards. could they not have just mass produced with no stars and then added 3 or 4 as required?

also, that alternative gear looks like some form of algae or mold to me
    the main strip is decent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement