Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Is the expectation that Sexton will start on Sunday now that he’s back in full training despite his lack of gametime?

Would be some vote of confidence for Ross Byrne if he was given the nod!

Johnny is the captain. If he is fit I can't see him not starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1118620145604341765

Leinster try of the season nominees. Noel Reid gets my vote.

Adam Byrne's try was crucial in the context of the season, it broke Ulster's hold when Leinster were looking seriously rattled.

DK's try was a pin-point cross-field kick, and some incredible individual skill in getting the ball down without going into touch.

Reid's try was super teamwork in the work up. Healy's the storming run at the start of the clip - what a carry!

Lowe's try has that incredible Sexton through the legs pass. Sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Trojan wrote: »
    Adam Byrne's try was crucial in the context of the season, it broke Ulster's hold when Leinster were looking seriously rattled.

DK's try was a pin-point cross-field kick, and some incredible individual skill in getting the ball down without going into touch.

Reid's try was super teamwork in the work up. Healy's the storming run at the start of the clip - what a carry!

Lowe's try has that incredible Sexton through the legs pass. Sublime.

Byrne's try for the simple reason of Conan pulling up his shorts while in full flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Luke McGrath's try against Wasps was my personal favourite. It should've been nominated if just to remind people of Furlongs incredible piece of skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

baas baa wrote: »
    Luke McGrath's try against Wasps was my personal favourite. It should've been nominated if just to remind people of Furlongs incredible piece of skill.

This^

No man that big should be able to move like that and force a defender to respect his pass.

The most impressive part was that he immediately got to his feet after being tackled to set himself up for a support run. He's just sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sorry but that’s bulls**t....no young players would turn down the chance.....

Sad to think that someone would block a young player a chance of a lifetime so they could play in AIL.....

Who was blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

He must have worn one hell of a tie and brought great biscuits to be cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    He must have worn one hell of a tie and brought great biscuits to be cleared

Where did you see that he got off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

Johnny is the captain. If he is fit I can't see him not starting.

Yes but I could see Byrne closing out the game for the final 15 or 20 as a tactical sub. I'm not sure 80 minutes from Sexton is critical anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

scott1974 wrote: »
    That's the LNR for you....

irish muppets sounding like welsh lads on that thread move on

Jewelers wrote: »
    irish muppets sounding like welsh lads on that thread move on

Eh, do I know you. Im going on previous experience of their decisions...you?

Eh, do I know you. Im going on previous experience of their decisions...you?

don't get you , i was talking about the twats on twitter , and i don't have a clue who you are

don't get you , i was talking about the twats on twitter , and i don't have a clue who you are

You quoted me.

You quoted me.

you quoted link on twitters you will be hearing fro my solicitor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Incredible decision. Knocked the player clean out cold with a shoulder to the head. I don't think he'll be starting against Leinster anyway but I'm just baffled. It makes a complete mockery of the new interpretations.

Buer wrote: »
    Incredible decision. Knocked the player clean out cold with a shoulder to the head. I don't think he'll be starting against Leinster anyway but I'm just baffled. It makes a complete mockery of the new interpretations.

interpretations is the word , refs need to get proper training , they are like a bunch of gimps in a zoo at the moment , they don't have a clue ,but you cannot give out about a ref here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Buer wrote: »
    Poor decision but i could argue otherwise(and have...:D)
    interpretations is the word , refs need to get proper training, they are like a bunch of gimps in a zoo at the moment , they don't have a clue ,but you cannot give out about a ref here :)
    You very much can and Plenty here do and constantly at that. strange decision here not sure why it happened..
    And what would this proper training be exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I think by the current interpretation it's a red, but you look at how low they both are when he makes the hit, the only way he can avoid going high is by not attempting the tackle at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,227 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ball carrier dipped into tackle. Tackler at 90 degrees.

Not condoning it, just giving mitigating factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Refs are like a bunch of gimps in the zoo.....I would pay to watch that rugby match.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ball carrier dipped into tackle. Tackler at 90 degrees.

Not condoning it, just giving mitigating factors.

I think player welfare has to be paramount.
    This decision totally ignore that.
    Anyway, looks like a lot of empty seats on Sunday looking at ticket master.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I think player welfare has to be paramount.
    This decision totally ignore that.
    Anyway, looks like a lot of empty seats on Sunday looking at ticket master.

I was all set to go but tickets are too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So let's say he illegally tackles and seriously concusses a player on Sunday. Do you think that player has a good case to sue European rugby for not taking the appropriate action to protect him as a player? That could get expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

So let's say he illegally tackles and seriously concusses a player on Sunday. Do you think that player has a good case to sue European rugby for not taking the appropriate action to protect him as a player? That could get expensive.

Doesn't really work like that.....

BabyEater wrote: »
    I was all set to go but tickets are too expensive.

EPRC control the ticket prices not Leinster rugby, no cheap tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

He'd have no case whatsoever. Tort law doesn't allow such claims arising from a sport.

• Advertisement

Poor decision but i could argue otherwise(and have...:D)

You very much can and Plenty here do and constantly at that. strange decision here not sure why it happened..
    And what would this proper training be exactly?

this proper training could be that they get refs with a proper iq , and not yokes like Clancy and fat ben , worst excuse for intelligent beings on the planet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement