Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

BabyEater wrote: »
    I was all set to go but tickets are too expensive.

Might have 2 premium seats on half way line up for sale tomorrow....I potentially have another option

Will be based on best offer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jewelers wrote: »
    Poor decision but i could argue otherwise(and have...:D)

You very much can and Plenty here do and constantly at that. strange decision here not sure why it happened..
    And what would this proper training be exactly?

this proper training could be that they get refs with a proper iq , and not yokes like Clancy and fat ben , worst excuse for intelligent beings on the planet

Is there any chance you can make your point without being so abusive about it? I mean, what does calling a guy fat add to the discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

molloyjh wrote: »
    Is there any chance you can make your point without being so abusive about it? I mean, what does calling a guy fat add to the discussion?

ha good man, hardly abusive leave that to izzy

this proper training could be that they get refs with a proper iq , and not yokes like Clancy and fat ben , worst excuse for intelligent beings on the planet

If they are so bad, do a course, train yourself up and replace them....they are open in all clubs to new ref joining of all ages

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If they are so bad, do a course, train yourself up and replace them....they are open in all clubs to new ref joining of all ages

why then are people having a **** fit about tekori ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

ha good man, hardly abusive leave that to izzy

Its abusive and incredibly immature and ultimately just reflects badly on you. Keep it up if you want, but I cant imagine too many will bother engaging if you do. If you want to have a discussion on it then its possible to do so without being a dick.

why then are people having a **** fit about tekori ?

You’re slagging off the ref, so if they are so terrible then go do a better job yourself

Its abusive and incredibly immature and ultimately just reflects badly on you. Keep it up if you want, but I cant imagine too many will bother engaging if you do. If you want to have a discussion on it then its possible to do so without being a dick.

great post , just to get mods attention :rolleyes: , unlike your failed website

You’re slagging off the ref, so if they are so terrible then go do a better job yourself

will see on sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

There’s a lot of tickets left on Ticketmaster by the looks of it, wonder if people are suffering from a bit of rugby burnout. It’s not like it doesn’t have the workings of being a fantastic game and come on I mean it’s a Heineken cup semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I've raised that on here a few times during the season - turnout for Leinster matches appears to be dropping off... I'm only basing that on what I see on the TV but I'd be interested to see the season-long figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I understand it with the league over the last 2/3 months as they were little more then training matches but for a knockout semi final fixture it does raise a bit more of a question. Still though overall leinster attendance tends to be heads and shoulders over nearly everyone in europe.

leakyboots wrote: »
    I've raised that on here a few times during the season - turnout for Leinster matches appears to be dropping off... I'm only basing that on what I see on the TV but I'd be interested to see the season-long figures.

Toulouse are only bringing 600 fans I heard on radio? Scarlets last season had a big following which helped in terms of number

Easter weekend with a lot of families on holiday etc so a big number of “the odd match” fan will be watching on tv

40k sold on Wednesday......would be interesting to see how many semi outside of Ireland over the course of Heineken cup have managed 40k fans....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,027 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Fine with Tekori not being banned. It's a rugby incident.

Tekori who cares
    Ref who cares

Unless Leinster improve from the last few display it’s going to be a loss....won’t need to point the finger at any of above

Now I have been going to Aviva to watch Leinster and since it reopened I have never seen a loss, so I’m at it and expect a win

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Toulouse are only bringing 600 fans I heard on radio? Scarlets last season had a big following which helped in terms of number

Easter weekend with a lot of families on holiday etc so a big number of “the odd match” fan will be watching on tv

40k sold on Wednesday......would be interesting to see how many semi outside of Ireland over the course of Heineken cup have managed 40k fans....

Easter Sunday QF last year was sold out

FTA might impact the crowd tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Burkie1203 wrote: »

The quarter final this year was sold out as well.

It's hard to judge. It would be easy to say that the problem is the short notice but the Ulster game sold out in a few hours.

I think it's a combination of high prices, short notice, very small away contingent and maybe a bit of burnout/drop of interest from the casuals.

How many semi's in other countries will get a crowd fo 40k?

Some of the finals withoutIrish teams struggled to get 40k into the ground....

I think it is amazing the levels of support.....especially with less than 1k supporters from France, so that is 39k Leinster and neutral fans....

Not too shabby when not so long ago they would struggle to get 4k

troyzer wrote: »

It's hard to judge. It would be easy to say that the problem is the short notice but the Ulster game sold out in a few hours.

I think it's a combination of high prices, short notice, very small away contingent and maybe a bit of burnout/drop of interest from the casuals.

I think Easter Sunday is a more valid comparison.

This year easter is later and I know a few people who took off for weekend because weather is to be nice and sold their tickets on, and can watch on FTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

How many semi's in other countries will get a crowd fo 40k?

Some of the finals withoutIrish teams struggled to get 40k into the ground....

I think it is amazing the levels of support.....especially with less than 1k supporters from France, so that is 39k Leinster and neutral fans....

Not too shabby when not so long ago they would struggle to get 4k

In an Irish context, both All Ireland football semi finals last year got in and around 50,000. So I don't think we're that far off the boil considering how much popular the GAA is.

In an Irish context, both All Ireland football semi finals last year got in and around 50,000. So I don't think we're that far off the boil considering how much popular the GAA is.

Say to Leinster rugby in 2010 they would play 4 games in one season in the Aviva and have 40k+ fans at each of those games I think they would be happy.....

I would look at it as a huge positive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,027 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The QF had a massive number of away fans at it. The SF will have a few hundred or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

The Indo are reporting that JGP is injured this weekend.

Who makes the bench in his absence, HOS or McCarthy? I haven’t been overly impressed by either, but O’Sullivan seems to be getting most of the game time as a result of McCarthy’s injury (and probably due to his move to Munster too).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not having JGP on the bench is a blow so hopefully McGrath can stay fit but am delighted that James Lowe will be starting (if he does indeed get the nod). Think HOS sits on the bench, McCarthy has been left out more or less every game since he announced his move and I think he'd be super rusty.

Have long said that we need to have James Lowe in the team for this semi final and I thought he would start after that Ulster game.

Roll on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The Indo are reporting that JGP is injured this weekend.

Who makes the bench in his absence, HOS or McCarthy? I haven’t been overly impressed by either, but O’Sullivan seems to be getting most of the game time as a result of McCarthy’s injury (and probably due to his move to Munster too).

Both are a massive drop off from JGP and McGrath. McCarthy was poor off the bench against Toulouse last year, whereas HOS has a whopping 6 minutes of Champions Cup rugby experience under his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,829 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

JGP has been our best 9 this season. He wasn't going to start, but having him come in as a replacement would have been so reassuring.

Team basically picks itself now I think. Lowe, Larmour and Kearney will be the back 3.

Clegg wrote: »
    JGP has been our best 9 this season. He wasn't going to start, but having him come in as a replacement would have been so reassuring.

Team basically picks itself now I think. Lowe, Larmour and Kearney will be the back 3.

Do you not think that Dave has played himself into that 14 jersey with Larmour on the bench?

I think he's in with a good shout for it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,829 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Do you not think that Dave has played himself into that 14 jersey with Larmour on the bench?

I think he's in with a good shout for it

I don't think Dave will be in the 23. He's a good player that's solid at most things, but Larmour just offers so much more in attack. One of the criticisms leveled at Leinster recently is that in attack we can be rather predictable. Dave doesn't help in that regard. A combination of Larmour and Lowe goes a long way in answering that criticism. We don't get to see it enough, but they've developed a very good understanding of each others game.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    I don't think Dave will be in the 23. He's a good player that's solid at most things, but Larmour just offers so much more in attack. One of the criticisms leveled at Leinster recently is that in attack we can be rather predictable. Dave doesn't help in that regard. A combination of Larmour and Lowe goes a long way in answering that criticism. We don't get to see it enough, but they've developed a very good understanding of each others game.

Can't argue with that logic!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement