Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sorry but that’s bulls**t....no young players would turn down the chance.....

Sad to think that someone would block a young player a chance of a lifetime so they could play in AIL.....

I would imagine that more players turned down the trip because of work or study commitments rather than because of ail commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Robin McBryde supposedly all lined up now. Great that Leinster and Irish rugby can attract coaches with that kind of reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Robin McBryde supposedly all lined up now. Great that Leinster and Irish rugby can attract coaches with that kind of reputation

Agreed.

Simon Thomas has a write up on it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Absolutely

Wouldn't you think McBryde would have bigger ambitions though? He's been assistant coaching for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Comments on that Wales Online article aren't too glowing. Maybe it's that Welsh rugby fan bitterness shining through though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Absolutely

Wouldn't you think McBryde would have bigger ambitions though? He's been assistant coaching for ages now.

When you hear of big name coaches moving laterally to other assistant positions, you can only assume there's a conversation there about succession planning to move into a higher role in the next couple or years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

When you hear of big name coaches moving laterally to other assistant positions, you can only assume there's a conversation there about succession planning to move into a higher role in the next couple or years.

Or possibly he has no interest in a higher position and loves doing what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Stainalert

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Players on a Leinster contract had to go, those not didn't, hows that hard to understand?

Because just now they're still nearly 11 months out from their season so a huge chunk of their squad they have now will change between now an then, and they're not going to learn much watching their players get hammered by some kids from Ireland, it'd make much more sense to play it closer to their season when they have a better idea of their squad. They were played on astro so no reason games couldn't be played in pre season for NE

This "cup" was the definition of rushed

So rushed that there was actually no physical Cara cup apparently !!

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah, you def don't sound like you've an axe to grind and are prepared to listen to alternate points of views or other sensible possibilities. I think we'll leave it there so.

That's very unfair D14rugby has clearly watched more MLR rugby and AIL rugby then most posters on this forum and as such his views and opinions are very valid.

molloyjh wrote: »
      2 months isn't really that much time to set something like that up. It could be done in that time sure, but it'd be fairly rushed. It's far, far more likely that, in the absence of the B&I Cup, the IRFU were already looking to fill the A calendar more than just the Celtic Cup early in the season.

In their restructuring plans for the AIL (which were only "paused" by the IRFU in September) the IRFU were proposing that there would be no other A games other than the Celtic Cup

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

McBryde is a sound bit of succession planning, however it is a pity an Irish option wasn't possible.

3. Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I'm fairly f8cking excited, I'm very confident. That is all

4. Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Larbre34 wrote: »
      McBryde is a sound bit of succession planning, however it is a pity an Irish option wasn't possible.
      I understand that but it is better to promote meritocracy and to bring in knowledge, mcbryde has proven himself as a coach and he is young and obviously eager to be involved

5. Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If any coach has had Ireland's number over the last decade it's Gatland, so getting in one of his team can't be bad.

6. Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

7. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

No time limit on pulling up grudges

............. as Neil Back often says!

8. Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭scott1974

9. Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

scott1974 wrote: »

Hopefully it is. Ecpr were querying the citing being next week which is probably why it was moved forward.

10. Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭scott1974

Hopefully it is. Ecpr were querying the citing being next week which is probably why it was moved forward.

It'll be a LNR panel, so who knows what the outcome will be..

11. Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Saw a suggestion from a randomer on Twitter that Tekori might have asked for it to be moved forward, if he was suspended anyway under EPCR/WR rules

12. Advertisement
    13. Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Saw a suggestion from a randomer on Twitter that Tekori might have asked for it to be moved forward, if he was suspended anyway under EPCR/WR rules

Would make sense, I guess. Better roll the dice with it now than wait til next week for the same punishment (if any).

Can't see anything other than a ban as it was an awful challenge but as pointed out, it's the LNR so who knows.

14. Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It looked horrible in realtime, particularly with the way he had a second go at pulling his arm back under him. I don't think that was deliberately attempting to injury -- but if someone was attempting that, that's what it would look like.

Poite let so much go during that match, Wayne will be a thousand times stricter on Sunday.

15. Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Trojan wrote: »
      It looked horrible in realtime, particularly with the way he had a second go at pulling his arm back under him. I don't think that was deliberately attempting to injury -- but if someone was attempting that, that's what it would look like.

Poite let so much go during that match, Wayne will be a thousand times stricter on Sunday.

At the risk of tempting fate, we have had Barnes number over the last 2 years or so of him reffing us.

His biggest trait is a very lax attitude to the breakdown which is very beneficial for us retaining possession. Some of the wilier ruck operators in Fardy and Ruddock and SOB should be able to thrive with a few side entries and extra second or 2 to clear out the jackal.

Also I think Barnes and Johnny have a pretty good rapport. To be fair to Barnes he is one of the more approachable refs and I feel his demeanour is something Sexton responds to better than others

16. Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I thought Barnes was difficult for us in the final last year. But not sure I've rewatched it and I was there.

17. Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1118620145604341765

Leinster try of the season nominees. Noel Reid gets my vote.

18. Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

errlloyd wrote: »
      I thought Barnes was difficult for us in the final last year. But not sure I've rewatched it and I was there.

I think that game overall was a bit of a sh1tfest tbh...

The conditions and the stakes meant it was 10 man rugby with both sides absolutely hammering into the breakdown.

I thought he did well overall in what must have been a nightmare game to ref

19. Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1118620145604341765

Leinster try of the season nominees. Noel Reid gets my vote.

Those highlights do not fully show how impressive James Ryans line for Lowes try was. Unbelievable pace he took the ball at.

For sheer skill I would vote for Reids too. Really nice passage of play

20. Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

errlloyd wrote: »

That game was a mess because of the weather....no red was going to make a difference to that

21. Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭scott1974

That game was a mess because of the weather....no red was going to make a difference to that

Not giving Nakawara a yellow was the most obvious, a blatant yellow and nothing to do with the weather.
      We did get a few offside calls at the end although I think that was the TJ.

22. Advertisement
    23. Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Is the expectation that Sexton will start on Sunday now that he’s back in full training despite his lack of gametime?

Would be some vote of confidence for Ross Byrne if he was given the nod!

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement