Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

MadYaker wrote: »
    Sure he could just be pleading guilty because he knows trump will pardon him. GOP Congress won’t indict trump so the trump train could quite easily roll on into 2020

Doesn't a pardon require the person to admit guilt? Catch 22 for trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,120 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Mid Terms will be the determination as to whether the GOP run to the hills.
    Pence could be POTUS early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

20Cent wrote: »
    Omarosa reportedly releasing a video of something on tv soon.

Hardball on MSNBC, think it starts around midnight Irish time.
    Which coincidentally is the same time as Trumps stupid rally so he'll not be able to counteract whatever she has to say :cool:

Hardball on MSNBC, think it starts around midnight Irish time.
    Which coincidentally is the same time as Trumps stupid rally so he'll not be able to counteract whatever she has to say :cool:

Found a livestream.
    http://www.livenewson.com/american/msnbc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MadYaker wrote: »
    Sure he could just be pleading guilty because he knows trump will pardon him. GOP Congress won’t indict trump so the trump train could quite easily roll on into 2020

State crimes. Can't be pardoned

• Advertisement

Now you see why Mueller put Cohen out of reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Fox (unsurprisingly) are covering the rally : http://www.livenewson.com/american/fox-news-channel.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Omarosa reportedly releasing a video of something on tv soon.

She's on MSNBC now tearing into Trump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Video on MSNBC now.

It's Cohen on board Trump's plane during the presidential election campaign. Contradicts Trump's statements that he had no involvement with the campaign whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Its just a video of Cohen boarding Trump's plane. She seems to be trying to show that Cohen was involved in the campaign, which Trump will surely deny pretty soon

• Advertisement

Trump is about to kick off his campaign rally in West Virginia.

Mueller has no plea bargain agreement at present with Cohen. So he has no fingerprint on the NY case. However, only two can now stop Cohen going to jail with a pardon. Congress, who can force him to publicly testify and Mueller can force him to testify.
    So Cohen now really will give Mueller, any info he has to keep himself, out of jail.

Water John wrote: »
    Mueller has no plea bargain agreement at present with Cohen. So he has no fingerprint on the NY case. However, only two can now stop Cohen going to jail with a pardon. Congress, who can force him to publicly testify and Mueller can force him to testify.
    So Cohen now really will give Mueller, any info he has to keep himself, out of jail.

That seems to be the way it's going. Trump's people are trying to peddle the line that Cohen is a liar and will say anything Muller wants to hear in order to stay out of prison.

As the Prosecutor said, 'its the Rule of Law'. That is the reality coming into Trump's alternative world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Drain the swamp! and Lock her up! chants breaking out at the Trump rally...Jesus f Christ, there is stupidity and then they are Trump rallies.

Hazys wrote: »
    Drain the swamp! and Lock her up! chants breaking out at the Trump rally...Jesus f Christ, there is stupidity and then they are Trump rallies.

It makes you wonder what these people will do if impeachment proceedings are ever actually launched against Trump.

Omarosa tape a bit disappointing but it does show Cohen was on the campaign trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It makes you wonder what these people will do if impeachment proceedings are ever actually launched against Trump.

It could be a serious situation. He'll whip them up into an absolute frenzy. Civil war on the cards.

Naw, they all slink away back into the shadows, they crawled out from, when they felt emboldened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

This guys threads are always a good read during the rallies
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1032039362266112001?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭amandstu

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It could be a serious situation. He'll whip them up into an absolute frenzy. Civil war on the cards.

Would he have that card in his locker.? He is the most piss poor orator who was.

He has nothing really to offer except for ...well its a mystery to me still.

I see him as deluded as his followers even if I accept someone's assessment that he is the meanest bastard he had ever met.

He could only foment civil unrest if it was there ready to happen (is it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Omarosa tape a bit disappointing but it does show Cohen was on the campaign trail.

She's got nothing really and she's now blown out of the water with the Cohen charges and proof trump is a criminal being in a conspiracy with Cohen.

Can't wait for the next press briefing, around Halloween I'd say now....

The other side are lucky today as well, that lovely white girl was found dead in California and they have a suspect and wouldn't you know it, he was an illegal....omg we need a wall now and deport every single one of them.

30's Germany doesn't have a patch on these lads for fear mongering and hatred they are spinning to a vulnerable section of the population. Luckily they can't vote...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Not at all, have you seen his base? The Old and The Obese is a good brush to tar the majority. They'll just assault social media with an arsenal of incoherent theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

That seems to be the way it's going. Trump's people are trying to peddle the line that Cohen is a liar and will say anything Muller wants to hear in order to stay out of prison.

For the Feds to agree to Cohen's plea deal they must have proof that Cohen's claim about Trump directing him to commit a crime are true. Directing someone to commit crime is a crime. Trump is now an unindicted co-conspirator in a crime committed to obstruct a fair election.

This can't be spinned away by the Republican party. The president is a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

When I hear Rick Santorum on tv saying this is a big problem for the president, period. With no caveat, with no excuse, I just can't believe it! Makes me smile :)

You know this is a massive problem for him. Not immediately cause Republicans but certainly down the line and not too far.

I should state, I actually think Teflon Don can weather this one too. Reps don't have the balls or moral fortitude to do something about it and Democrats have no power.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

When I hear Rick Santorum on tv saying this is a big problem for the president, period. With no caveat, with no excuse, I just can't believe it! Makes me smile :)

You know this is a massive problem for him. Not immediately cause Republicans but certainly down the line and not too far.

Not suprising he puts himself forward. Santorum is in the Council for National Policy who's fundamentalist religious policies have been adopted by Trump in return for their support (and Tea party supporters).
    They want Kavanaugh on SCOTUS before Trump goes. Pence (who was put forward for VP by convicted criminal Paul Manafort) will continue the work after Trump is gone.

Exactly, he has done my head in when I see his smarmy face on tv rubbishing legitimate concerns and muddying away as much as he can.

To see him simply say it's a huge problem, a game changer etc warms my heart.
    Still not a fan of Santorum naturally

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Toobin speculates manafort is looking at 10 years, says in Federal prison you have to serve 85% of your sentence so even with good behaviour without a pardon a 70 year old man is looking at 8.5 years.

Trump on fire distancing himself from manafort while maintaining he's a good man. Disgrace and all the usual.

Manafort still has a minimum of one more trial to go. If Trump wasn't gonna pardon him he may have given a slight hint at that tonight when he said it's sad the way this ends as in Manaforts story.

The longer it goes on the less likely a pardon is imo. The clearer it is that Manafort deserves everything he gets the more heat would be on Trump and he may not fancy it. Can't rule anything out with Trump though regardless

Surely draining the swamp had a victory today? Just cause there's no Russian collusion in manaforts charges seems to mean he should have got away with what the investigation turned up and that's just swallowed incredibly by the base and the rest.

Another rep who endorsed Trump early has been indicted for campaign finance violations along with his wife, his name escapes me. He's from California.

Lanny Davis, Cohen's lawyer, has stated on Maddow that he will cooperate with Mueller. He says, not only can Cohen provide evidence supporting the conspiracy to use Russia to corrupt the election (Trump tower meeting etc), he can also provide evidence that Trump knew in advance that a hack would take place (computer crime) and supported it. Remember that Mueller also has Felix Sater cooperating and Nader. The evidence against Trump must be overwhelming. The rats will all jump.now.

• Advertisement

If he has real evidence it's huge, if not then it's ammo for Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement