Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Woman's World Cup (London)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

It's a good game. I'm enjoying it. They are defending well in fairness to them. I think they will work their way into this game the further it goes.

I hope.

Hopefully. They just need to take their chances when they get them

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Ireland's goin home

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ah, that was a bit more sloppy....all came from a rushed clearance when there was no need to rush it and the Dutch will punish any mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

3-0 ... Netherlands seem to be in a different league. Hope we can get a goal and keep the score down at the other end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah ****e.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Outstanding 4th.

4-0

The Dutch are on fire. Very hard to play against a world class team when they are full of confidence......the much dreaded rout might happen

Pity the hooter didn't sound about 2 or 3 minutes ago as Ireland totally lost their shape and conceded twice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Pity. Couple of those goals looked preventable but difference in class is palpable. Just limit the damage and nick a consolation bout all that’s left now.

• Advertisement

Pity. Couple of those goals looked preventable but difference in class is palpable. Just limit the damage and nick a consolation bout all that’s left now.

Yes, you wouldn't want to be coming off the pitch with an 8-0 or 10-0 defeat in a WC final. Try and keep it tight at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Surely they could play a Dutch song when the Netherlands score?

I'd be happy if I didn't hear Dancing Queen again for a long, long, time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Some serious bitterness in the AH thread.:confused:

YFlyer wrote: »
    Surely they could play a Dutch song when the Netherlands score?

Skid X wrote: »
    I'd be happy if I didn't hear Dancing Queen again for a long, long, time.

Should be this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

6-0 and there's plenty still to go. This is embarrassing and shameful. They've gone and undone all the praise they rightly deserved to get with this horror show. Whatever ceremony they were going to arrange should be cancelled. Utter shambles. Now I know how Brazilians felt in 2014 in their semi-final.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

YFlyer wrote: »
    Should be this song.

They're Danish

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Some serious bitterness in the AH thread

It was a politics thread before half time. Talking about the United Irish team and irelands call

6-0 and there's plenty still to go. This is embarrassing and shameful. They've gone and undone all the praise they rightly deserved to get with this horror show. Whatever ceremony they were going to arrange should be cancelled. Utter shambles. Now I know how Brazilians felt in 2014 in their semi-final.

Complete and Utter Bull****.

Netherlands would beat most teams in the World easily.

This Ireland team are heroes, we have never reached a World Cup Final in anything and we might never do it again.

Skid X wrote: »
    Complete and Utter Bull****.

Netherlands would beat most teams in the World easily.

This Ireland team are heroes, we have never reached a World Cup Final in anything and we might never do it again.

Your post is bullsh*t. This is the FINAL.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Bandwagon deserter here, take no notice of me

You're some supporter, as soon as things go against your team you are hurling abuse and insults at them.

World Cup Finalists.

No neanderthals can ever take that away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

You know nothing of sport. This is a final that's all you're right on. The only shameful thing is your attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Sure let’s demand these nation shamers give their funding back too while we’re at it ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did you just compare these girls to fcukin BRAZIL?

Netherlands only beat Australia on a penalty shootout. Today Spain - who Ireland beat - bested Australia for the bronze medal.

There's no reason why Ireland couldn't at the very least have made this competitive. This has been a bottle job.

cdeb wrote: »
    They're Danish

Whoops.

Sure they're closer to Holland than Sweden :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Netherlands only beat Australia on a penalty shootout. Today Spain - who Ireland beat - bested Australia for the bronze medal.

There's no reason why Ireland couldn't at the very least have made this competitive. This has been a bottle job.

Really......just stop.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Some serious bitterness in the AH thread.

Ignore the begrudgers. Proud day for Ireland and ladies hockey. Go Team Ireland and well done today on your great achievement ;)

• Advertisement

I think you’d be better suited to the AH thread. I for one won’t be disappointed to see you leave.

Advertisement