Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

I'm able to read plenty well you've dismissed anything that disagrees with your set opinion within it really anything but a hunch. You dismissed an article from a quote from it I gather without even knowing the author.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

nerd69 wrote:
    I'm able to read plenty well you've dismissed anything that disagrees with your set opinion within it really anything but a hunch. You dismissed an article from a quote from it I gather without even knowing the author.
    Yes, based off that one line I can see that it's populist bullcrap like many articles I read in the athletic when I had a sub.
    It was recommended to me and I got it, it's awful.

nerd69 wrote:
    Also, can you tell me what set opinion you are referring to?

Far be it from me to try to change your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah no use going around in circles but you are wrong about Mac Jones and wrong about Kyle Trask.

I was wrong about Jones? :confused: I have consistently said Jones is a good player but due to his obvious limitations he was not good enough to be selected 3rd and definitely not worth the capital the 49ers spent to trade up to that spot. Jones then fell in the draft well past pick 3 and was eventually selected pick 15, with no team liking him enough to move up.

I was wrong about Trask? :confused: I said it was ridiculous for you to equate Trask to Herbert coming out of college, Herbert who was selected 6th overall last year and went on to win rookie of the year. Trask was eventually selected pick 64 - in the 2nd tier of QBs, where Trask always belonged.

Someone has been wrong but it sure isn't me.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote:
    I was wrong about Trask? I said it was ridiculous for you to equate Trask to Herbert coming out of college, Herbert who was selected 6th overall last year and went on to win rookie of the year. Trask was eventually selected pick 64 - in the 2nd tier of QBs, where Trask always belonged.

And Brady was selected where? And he's the GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

And Brady was selected where? And he's the GOAT.

Well you got your Brady and GOAT reference in for the evening. You can sleep soundly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Blut2

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I was wrong about Jones? :confused: I have consistently said Jones is a good player but due to his obvious limitations he was not good enough to be selected 3rd and definitely not worth the capital the 49ers spent to trade up to that spot. Jones then fell in the draft well past pick 3 and was eventually selected pick 15, with no team liking him enough to move up.

I was wrong about Trask? :confused: I said it was ridiculous for you to equate Trask to Herbert coming out of college, Herbert who was selected 6th overall last year and went on to win rookie of the year. Trask was eventually selected pick 64 - in the 2nd tier of QBs, where Trask always belonged.

Someone has been wrong but it sure isn't me.

I haven't actually read eagle eye's posts that you're referring to but that won't stop me posting to say his opinions are definitely just clueless, populist crap.

Blut2 wrote:
    I haven't actually read eagle eye's posts that you're referring to but that won't stop me posting to say his opinions are definitely just clueless, populist crap.
    Difference is I read many articles on the athletic when I had a sub so my opinion is one based off experience whereas yours is just balderdash.

Difference is I read many articles on the athletic when I had a sub so my opinion is one based off experience whereas yours is just balderdash.

Ahh sure he's read plenty of boards I suppose he has an idea

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote:
    Ahh sure he's read plenty of boards I suppose he has an idea
    Is this some lame attempt at gang bullying? Are you pm'ing each other to decide whose go it is?
    You are picking on the wrong guy, on the internet or in person I despise bullies. I've no fear of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I like the Colts organisation but I don’t know where Mike florio of PFT is getting this feeling that they have a super bowl run in them while showing a picture of Carson Wentz. Wentz may improve on his performance last season(which won’t be hard) but he needs more than a new head coach to fix whatever the hell went sideways with him last season. I watched every minute of him playing last season and there’s not an easy fix there IMO.

Fixtures leaking out all over the place. Is it September yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I like the Colts organisation but I don’t know where Mike florio of PFT is getting this feeling that they have a super bowl run in them while showing a picture of Carson Wentz. Wentz may improve on his performance last season(which won’t be hard) but he needs more than a new head coach to fix whatever the hell went sideways with him last season. I watched every minute of him playing last season and there’s not an easy fix there IMO.

Florio is the TV equivalent of Clickbait, he’d spin a story out of anything. I do watch a bit of PFT and it can be entertaining at times but I’d take anything on there with a grain of salt

Colts are solid but I’d agree they are a bit off being genuine contenders. Even if Wentz is good I don’t think they have the weapons or the pass rush to get it done in January against the better teams. There is a surprise team every year though, so you never know.

Tim tebow to the jags as a TE ? Just no. I’m sorry but how would that in any way help the jags ? You’d think that the team and Trevor Lawrence would want as little extra distraction as possible and if Tim tebow signs the circus will arrive. He had his chances to play TE a few years ago and he stubbornly wanted to play QB.

Florio is the TV equivalent of Clickbait, he’d spin a story out of anything. I do watch a bit of PFT and it can be entertaining at times but I’d take anything on there with a grain of salt

Colts are solid but I’d agree they are a bit off being genuine contenders. Even if Wentz is good I don’t think they have the weapons or the pass rush to get it done in January against the better teams. There is a surprise team every year though, so you never know.

I think they look amazing on offence and have a core of really good talent on d. A lot will probably come down to wentz. He was brutal last season but of he plays like he did any other year I think the offence could be extremely hard to stop

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Tim tebow to the jags as a TE ? Just no. I’m sorry but how would that in any way help the jags ? You’d think that the team and Trevor Lawrence would want as little extra distraction as possible and if Tim tebow signs the circus will arrive. He had his chances to play TE a few years ago and he stubbornly wanted to play QB.
    Well he's always been known as a leader and he's working under the head coach who made him famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

If he makes the roster, I will eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNFL/status/1392455234530824205?s=19

TNF - Cowboys @ Bucs
    SNF - Bears @ Rams
    MNF - Ravens @ Raiders

Eagles get a nice time slot to open the season. I hope the bucs beat the Cowboys convincingly on national TV. It would stop the cowboys fantasy they will win anything the season coming early doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

There will be much less of a circus if he plays TE.

The circus comes with the QB position where there is one clear cut starter and snaps aren't split.

Much easier to manage at a position where snaps are split naturally.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

paulie21 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNFL/status/1392455234530824205?s=19

TNF - Cowboys @ Bucs
    SNF - Bears @ Rams
    MNF - Ravens @ Raiders

That 9.25 slot is a dose!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't diss the Jordan Love vs Taysom Hill bowl.

adrian522 wrote: »

Well the packers are reported to be signing Blake Bortles. So bortles vs hill if things aren’t sorted out in Green Bay.

That browns vs chiefs game could be tasty provided the browns continue their form from last season. The jets vs panthers is funny.

Sam Darnold revenge game.

Well the packers are reported to be signing Blake Bortles. So bortles vs hill if things aren’t sorted out in Green Bay.

That browns vs chiefs game could be tasty provided the browns continue their form from last season. The jets vs panthers is funny.

Yeah, 2 of the 3 best teams in the AFC as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Yeah, 2 of the 3 best teams in the AFC as things stand.

Obviously your thinking Pittsburgh is 1 like myself......

OOnegative wrote: »
    Obviously your thinking Pittsburgh is 1 like myself......

I have to leave it ambiguous to avoid offending people, so yes whoever you think the third team should be...that's who I meant.

• Advertisement

I wasn't dissing. It's a dose cos I would watch all 4 of those.

Browns @ Chiefs (Obvs)
    Dolphins @ Patriots (Always like a potential Pats loss)
    Broncos @ Giants (Broncos fan)
    Packers @ Saints (The drama makes this even more of a watch than it already was)

Advertisement