Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Yeah Mark Chapman will be missed alright. Nat Coombes was a step down but with the news Dan Walker is taking over, give me Coombes any day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Yeah I liked Chapman and I liked the Tuesday show as well and was disappointed when they shelved it. There was probably no need for two shows but they got rid of the wrong one in my view.

Isn’t Dan Walker a bible thumper that won’t work on a Sunday? He’s not going to like doing the Super Bowl then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Blut2

The highlights show every Tuesday was great, I watched it every week. By far the easiest way to catch up with teams that aren't my own without investing too much time.

Really hope it comes back next season, or I find a replacement Match of The Day format show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah Tuesday was a much better time, loads of time to watch it before the next round of games. I rarely get an hour to watch the show these days on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah :)
    Thanksgiving on Thursday
    3 games on TV!
    I won't watch all of them but dipping in to each game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Pity Chapman is gone. I don't mind Nat though. Have really struggled to watch the Saturday night show. By the time Saturday comes the games are nearly a week old. It's on so late I record it. Then on a Sunday it's hard.to find time to watch it, by the time you get to sit down the Sunday games are kicking off.

Bring back the Tuesday and scrap the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Sorry to see Mark Chapman leave the NFL Show. He had brilliant chemistry with Osi and Jason, which will be very hard to replicate. Not sure why he decided to step down, although during his last appearance there was zero craic in the studio, with Osi in particular looking super annoyed and the atmosphere was terrible. Either he had just told them he was leaving, or they had a bit falling out which lead to him leaving.

Noticed that myself, thinking Osi is really off form today. Coombs has been presenting the last 3 weeks since then, so it leads to me to believe there must have been a falling out. If he said he was leaving, surely he would have done a few more shows before moving on, you would think.
    Suppose we'll never know though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I am guessing it's harder to produce, prepare and edit the show by Tuesday in the current circumstances. He also seemed genuinely a fan of the Bears plus being a good presenter as well, not just put in as a reliable name as Walker would be.

Presumably he's presenting a lot - he does cricket for the radio and football + MOTD2, so something goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

dfx- wrote: »
    Presumably he's presenting a lot - he does cricket for the radio and football + MOTD2, so something goes...

True. And maybe with the loss of the Tuesday show he thinks the saturday show could be for the chop next season also. No idea what the viewing figures are like, but I don’t know anyone else that watches it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Saturday show needs to be a preview, not a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dfx- wrote: »
    I am guessing it's harder to produce, prepare and edit the show by Tuesday in the current circumstances. He also seemed genuinely a fan of the Bears plus being a good presenter as well, not just put in as a reliable name as Walker would be.

He does MOTD2 on a Sunday night, so presumably gets no chance to watch any NFL live. Always thought it was a bit odd. You're always missing a bit of the game if you already know the outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He does MOTD2 on a Sunday night, so presumably gets no chance to watch any NFL live. Always thought it was a bit odd. You're always missing a bit of the game if you already know the outcome

His wife passed away earlier this year and I think he has 2 kids. So cutting down on stuff I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

wawaman wrote: »
    His wife passed away earlier this year and I think he has 2 kids. So cutting down on stuff I’d imagine

Just googled him , widowed dad of 3 at 47 , hectic career, something had to give. For job security, motd2, will never lose its appeal to the masses

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lions fire Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Remember the time Patricia berated a journalist for not sitting up straight at one of his press conferences? The same man is obese and had to drive a cart around the team facility because he's unable/too lazy to walk.

Knew he was a bad egg since the press conference thing.

A wasted season for the Lions. He really should have been fired in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Lions need to rebuild and that starts by trading for Nick Foles and Matt Nagy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Lions need to rebuild and that starts by trading for Nick Foles and Matt Nagy.

Haha. An inside job.

Good that patricia is gone. He I think benefited a bit too much(not that he doesn’t deserve credit) from being in the Patriots.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,548 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Typical Lions, it's why they'll never go anywhere. Bad owner.
    Sacking them now gets you nowhere. If you did it before the trade deadline it's have some merit but not now.
    Players will just pack it in for the season now.

The number of players and staff from the ravens who are on the Covid 19 list either as having it or as a close contact is 18 according to Adam shefter. I really can’t see this game going ahead on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,548 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote:
    The number of players and staff from the ravens who are on the Covid 19 list either as having it or as a close contact is 18 according to Adam shefter. I really can’t see this game going ahead on Tuesday.
    You can bring in replacements for players on the covid list. My guess is the NFL tell them play or forfeit. NFL don't want to fall behind on the schedule.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »
    Typical Lions, it's why they'll never go anywhere. Bad owner.
    Sacking them now gets you nowhere. If you did it before the trade deadline it's have some merit but not now.
    Players will just pack it in for the season now.

Players quit on Patricia a long time ago, should have been fired a year ago.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Steelers are having plenty of issues too, they have put four player on the list in the past 24 hours and by all accounts there are more to follow once they complete the contact tracing. If they start having more positives between now an Tuesday then the game is surely headed for week 18. Given that there are playoff implications on both sides I think they have to play it at some point.

The broncos seem to be having a COVID situation with all their QBs have been placed on the COVID list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Half my fantasy players are on the covid list this weekend

So in an escalation of Santa Clara county where the niners stadium who have made commentary teams wear masks, it seems under new restrictions the niners won’t be able to play in their home stadium. I’m sure there are other stadiums they could use. But still it’s hardly ideal.

They’re expecting an escalation in Covid numbers in the US after the thanksgiving holiday with numbers already skyrocketing.

Is there a genuine question mark over the season finishing at this stage? Some of the teams seem to be getting in to real difficulty in the past week.

They’re expecting an escalation in Covid numbers in the US after the thanksgiving holiday with numbers already skyrocketing.

Is there a genuine question mark over the season finishing at this stage? Some of the teams seem to be getting in to real difficulty in the past week.

It’s not to the level of season cancellation in my opinion yet but it’s certainly going in a concerning direction. IF they get to the playoffs they will have to go thr baseball route and go into bubbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Meanwhile, in Denver.... :eek:

Advertisement