Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I thought Jones has 59 TDs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah 59 TD's, 132 Games. (Regular Season)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13982/julio-jones

Post Season:

6 TD's/7 Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Tristram wrote: »
    I thought Jones has 59 TDs

Poster was including post season TD’s in his total of 65. He has 59 regular season TD’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Washington are apparently open to trading Dwayne Haskins. Jesus that’s fallen apart quickly. I does seem like it’s that river boat Ron isn’t sold on him as opposed to Dwayne Haskins beings a bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Potential for playoffs to be expanded to 16-teams in the event of match cancellations.

https://theathletic.com/news/nfl-considering-16-team-playoff-as-covid-19-contingency-plan/q22KL0yXKasT

In that case it'll remove the bye week and then go to 1v8 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Potential for playoffs to be expanded to 16-teams in the event of match cancellations.

https://theathletic.com/news/nfl-considering-16-team-playoff-as-covid-19-contingency-plan/q22KL0yXKasT

In that case it'll remove the bye week and then go to 1v8 etc.

Not sure why they are so averse to just pushing back the Super Bowl and giving the league time to finish out the season as scheduled. What are they trying to achieve with this extra playoff game?

Not sure why they are so averse to just pushing back the Super Bowl and giving the league time to finish out the season as scheduled. What are they trying to achieve with this extra playoff game?

An extra playoff game that will never go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

cool article on espn about the 5 longest serving qb's playing. TB12 only missed 19 games, Rodgers missed 18, brees missed 14, big ben 38 games and rivers has never missed a game, his a tough SOB considering some of the o-lines he played behind in san Diego.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

cosatron wrote: »
    cool article on espn about the 5 longest serving qb's playing. TB12 only missed 19 games, Rodgers missed 18, brees missed 14, big ben 38 games and rivers has never missed a game, his a tough SOB considering some of the o-lines he played behind in san Diego.

TB12 has missed only 19 games yet is listed as being 152 weeks on the injured list?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,549 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

OOnegative wrote:
    TB12 has missed only 19 games yet is listed as being 152 weeks on the injured list?
    It was Belichick taking the p out of the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Cross post from Week 9 thread in case its of interest to some:

There was a great read on the Browns moving in The Athletic last week that I learned a few tidbits I hadn't known:

https://theathletic.com/2180453/2020/11/06/art-modell-cleveland-browns-move-al-lerner-baltimore?source=user-shared-article

Have found the Athletic totally worth the subscription. Have a couple of 30 day codes if anyone fancies giving it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

Cross post from Week 9 thread in case its of interest to some:

There was a great read on the Browns moving in The Athletic last week that I learned a few tidbits I hadn't known:

https://theathletic.com/2180453/2020/11/06/art-modell-cleveland-browns-move-al-lerner-baltimore?source=user-shared-article

Have found the Athletic totally worth the subscription. Have a couple of 30 day codes if anyone fancies giving it a look.

+1

Super site to be fair. Proper articles that deep dive into aspects of the games. The soccer coverage is great too. Well worth the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I got the Athletic sub this year as well on an offer I can’t remember the exact details but it was very reasonably priced. It’s a great site and probably the only one I use regularly

Mike Sando’s podcast with Randy Mueller is one of the better ones out there as well I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I see Antonio Brown is at the centre of more allegations. This time he "destroyed a security camera and threw his bicycle at a security guard's hut".

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/16/antonio-brown-accusation-camera-bike-hollywood-community

I'd be surprised if he's still on the Buccs roster if they actually do make the playoffs. If it's not this, it'll be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see Antonio Brown is at the centre of more allegations. This time he "destroyed a security camera and threw his bicycle at a security guard's hut".

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/16/antonio-brown-accusation-camera-bike-hollywood-community

I'd be surprised if he's still on the Buccs roster if they actually do make the playoffs. If it's not this, it'll be something else.

I don’t understand why he’s getting more chance it seems then others. He may not be getting more chances or maybe it’s his rate of doing things like this that makes it seem like that. At some point the league should step in and not give teams a choice because he’s clearly unwilling to help himself. He’s the one doing very questionable things. Maybe I’m too harsh but the raiders rubbish was the point I stopped caring.

Yeah, he won't last long. The Bucs backed him here but that's not going to go down well for there reputation. The slightest thing now forces their hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don’t understand why he’s getting more chance it seems then others. He may not be getting more chances or maybe it’s his rate of doing things like this that makes it seem like that. At some point the league should step in and not give teams a choice because he’s clearly unwilling to help himself. He’s the one doing very questionable things. Maybe I’m too harsh but the raiders rubbish was the point I stopped caring.

He gets chances because he's a generational talent. Rightly or wrongly, that's the nature of the business.

He gets chances because he's a generational talent. Rightly or wrongly, that's the nature of the business.
    Well generational.is the wrong word because it suggests he's out on his own which he wasn't. Calvin Johnson was a generational talent. Julio Jones has been spectacular for a long time now, DeAndre Hopkins and Mike Evans too.

Well generational.is the wrong word because it suggests he's out on his own which he wasn't. Calvin Johnson was a generational talent. Julio Jones has been spectacular for a long time now, DeAndre Hopkins and Mike Evans too.

eagle eye wrote: »

AB is absolutely at the top end of WRs in a historical context. He's been better than all of those named, bar Megatron, and that's pretty close to boot.

• Advertisement

AB is absolutely at the top end of WRs in a historical context. He's been better than all of those named, bar Megatron, and that's pretty close to boot.

Well he's 1400 yards and 1.8 yards per reception behind Julio Jones over the exact same number of games.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well he's 1400 yards and 1.8 yards per reception behind Julio Jones over the exact same number of games.

He has 19 more TDs, only behind Gronk in receiving TDs since 2010.

He has 19 more TDs, only behind Gronk in receiving TDs since 2010.

Yeah but if he was generational he'd be leading both categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Jesus this forum can be pedantic. Maybe generational is the wrong word, the point remains that he gets so many opportunities because he is one of the best WRs in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The term generational is thrown around too much but cherry picking stats isn't helpful either. Every player needs to looked at based on their unique situation. There are players deemed by some as GOATs who don't lead, nor even be in the top tier, of many stats based on per game or career % basis.

He's up there with Gronk and Megatron as the most dominant offensive players of the decade. Ludicrous to deny this

He's up there with Gronk and Megatron as the most dominant offensive players of the decade. Ludicrous to deny this
    So you dont rate Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins and Mike Evans at the same level?
    Mike Evans stats would equate to the same amount of TD's when.he reaches 133 games which is what Brown has currently played. He currently has 100 games played so it's not an unreasonable assessment or small sample size.
    He's not near Megatron.
    He's a great player who played on a great team for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

radharc wrote: »
    Jesus this forum can be pedantic. Maybe generational is the wrong word, the point remains that he gets so many opportunities because he is one of the best WRs in the league.

That's an elite post

Shedite27 wrote:
    That's an elite post
    That there is a pathetic post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Sorry to see Mark Chapman leave the NFL Show. He had brilliant chemistry with Osi and Jason, which will be very hard to replicate. Not sure why he decided to step down, although during his last appearance there was zero craic in the studio, with Osi in particular looking super annoyed and the atmosphere was terrible. Either he had just told them he was leaving, or they had a bit falling out which lead to him leaving. Either way that show was my gateway into NFL and was still a highlight of the week. Although the Tuesday show is badly missed.

Advertisement