Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Unless Giants sign him long term Getty and the Giants got fleeced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Joe Flacco is out with a neck injury - Brandon Allen, who has never thrown an NFL pass, will start for the Broncos against the Browns. Some suggestions that Flacco might be going to IR with a herniated disc in his neck.

Big question now is whether Drew Lock will be activated off IR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Atlanta are releasing long-time kicker, Matt Bryant after 10 years at the franchise. Younghoe Koo will replace him.
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1189221762573180936

Looks like the end is near for Andy Dalton at the Bengals after they announced that they will relegate him to the bench after their bye week in a miserable 0-8 season.
    https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1189225627859259393

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Makes sense for them to get a feel for what they have with Finley, if they are tempted to take a QB next year or decide to trade down.

Interesting to see where Dalton ends up. Though not great, I would put him a level above some of the current low end starters in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

(Rumoured) Jets looking to shift Le’Veon Bell now.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Makes sense for them to get a feel for what they have with Finley, if they are tempted to take a QB next year or decide to trade down.

Interesting to see where Dalton ends up. Though not great, I would put him a level above some of the current low end starters in the league.

He seem to play better when he has better players around him. One for the Bears perhaps?

The Browns are very interested in LT Trent Williams at Washington who hasn't played all year, but the Redskins apparently want either a first-rounder or a big player in return (OBJ, Landry, Ward, etc), so that won't happen as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

VillaMad wrote:
    The Browns are very interested in LT Trent Williams at Washington who hasn't played all year, but the Redskins apparently want either a first-rounder or a big player in return (OBJ, Landry, Ward, etc), so that won't happen as it stands.

Heard reports they want Denzel Ward and a first... Never change dead skins..

Aqib talib and a fifth for a future pick to the Dolphins...

Strange move from the fins

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

brinty wrote: »
    Aqib talib and a fifth for a future pick to the Dolphins...

Strange move from the fins

Salary dump for the Rams and a free pick for the Fins. Talib is on IR so he'll never play a down in Miami.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

VillaMad wrote: »
    He seem to play better when he has better players around him. One for the Bears perhaps?

Was going to say I would take him for the Bears in a heartbeat to be honest. It's not a talented offense except for Robinson and the criminally underused Montgomery, but he would bring a level of basic competence that I think Trubisky just doesn't possess, even just to manage a game while our still elite defense (Raiders game notwithstanding) does its thing. Have always felt Dalton is kind of your benchmark QB. Below Dalton you are into the bad QBs, above him are the good ones. He is the definition of mediocre, but that's a huge step up for a lot of teams right now.

Don't know how we'd afford him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

(Rumoured) Jets looking to shift Le’Veon Bell now.

And Jamaal Adams!

Hopefully someone comes in with a last minute trade for Gase and his bozo buddy Loggins, 2 for the price of 1

phatkev wrote:
    And Jamaal Adams!

To the cowboys being reported as very close, im not sure what it will take to get it done... And I'm not getting my hopes up

brinty wrote: »
    To the cowboys being reported as very close, im not sure what it will take to get it done... And I'm not getting my hopes up

Probably more than he's worth. He is fantastic at what he does but I don't see that skill as being extremely valuable (more than 1 first round pick plus while needing to get paid soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

VillaMad wrote: »

That's a fake account wasn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Isn’t the Colombian woodbine legal in Washington State?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Happy for Gordon that he ended up in a good franchise and wasn’t claimed by somebody like the Dolphins or Redskins but this is really his last chance and after reports about his work ethic being the reason he was cut in New England, this is really his last shot at saving his career

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Gordon is not the All Pro level player he was and is extraordinarily unreliable as we have seen time and again. That said I am surprised he made it as far as the Seahawks. Good for him and I hope he does well there. DK Metcalf and Lockett have been playing well so it’ll be interesting to see what they do with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I wouldn’t write off Gordon just yet, for all the talk of NE being the perfect place for players to be rehabbed, their offense is very specific and plenty of talented WR’s have gone there and failed to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Joe Flacco has been sent to IR - likely played his last snap in Denver.

we can now add Brandon Allen to the long list of starting QBs in Denver since Manning - and in a couple of weeks Drew Lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Joe Flacco has been sent to IR - likely played his last snap in Denver.

we can now add Brandon Allen to the long list of starting QBs in Denver since Manning - and in a couple of weeks Drew Lock.

Long time since Elway....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'd say a lot of players don't live up to the patriots work ethic. I'd say their review days of games and breakdown of next opponents are grueling

It'll have been a particularly grueling week for them.

tom_e_curran_on_containing_lamar_jackson.jpg?itok=StekPmNE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

great move for the Seahawks , think they will probably fancy themselves to win the division now. He's a brilliant player, great hands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

great move for the Seahawks , think they will probably fancy themselves to win the division now. He's a brilliant player, great hands.

I think they can probably shelve any thoughts of winning the division if they don't first win next Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I think they can probably shelve any thoughts of winning the division if they don't first win next Monday night.

well obviously it would help if they beat the 49ers next monday, both have some tricky fixtures coming up as well so a win in that game could be key for momentum.

well obviously it would help if they beat the 49ers next monday, both have some tricky fixtures coming up as well so a win in that game could be key for momentum.

Yeah, both teams have a tough run in. 49ers have outperformed the Seahawks when they've played the same competition so far this season but I never have any confidence facing Wilson, he is such a magician and the team didn't look great against Murray last week.

49ers are likely to have Staley, McGlinchey, Juszczyk, and Witherspoon returning for the game on Monday but lost Alexander for the season.

Should be a great Monday night game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

9ers have an awful run in, but Seahawks will go 3 games back in the division if they lose on Monday. Would be a pretty tough ask to expect to overcome that. If 9ers have serious aspirations of winning the division though a victory on Monday is a must.

Advertisement