Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

ordered the xiaomi redmi note 10s 128gb yesterday, just over 200 euros

Seems like there model line up gets more confusing every generation or maybe its just me, let us know how you find it as I'm tempted by the Redmi Note 10 Pro, under €300 for the 128gb version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ Not just you even back in RN5 pro days there was a variation in device names.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

REALME X50 PRO 8GB 128GB is on amazon Spain for €299, crazy good price.

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B085PKLPJ1/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Suckit wrote: »

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B085PKLPJ1/

Single sim though ain't it? Poco F3 still seems like the standard bearer based on kimovil rankings in that mid price segment.

basill wrote: »
    Single sim though ain't it? Poco F3 still seems like the standard bearer based on kimovil rankings in that mid price segment.
    Not sure if you are getting it mixed up with another phone.
    Dual sim, and a lot more phone for that money with the X50 pro than the Poco F3.
    The normal price for the X50 pro is closer to €600.

Also, there are many other sites as well as Kimovil that are decent comparison sites (gsm, gadgetsnow, ndtv, phonearena etc.)
    If using one, I find it better to use a few, as they often have more information collectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

I just got a Poco X3 Pro but I don't seem to be able to set up WiFi calling. I'm with Virgin and not getting very far with the whatsapp support...does anyone know of a work around as my celluar coverage is really bad in my area. Many calls go straight to voicemail.

Thanks

Little A wrote: »
    I just got a Poco X3 Pro but I don't seem to be able to set up WiFi calling. I'm with Virgin and not getting very far with the whatsapp support...does anyone know of a work around as my celluar coverage is really bad in my area. Many calls go straight to voicemail.

Thanks

Your device may not support (on Virgin) it or is not enabled on the Irish Network?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling
    ^^^ .com ~~ Could not see any info for it on .ie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

They eventually came back to say they don't support wifi calling.....I thought if the phone could do it, the network could support.

Thought as much, because Three don't offer it either.

"Virgin Mobile uses the Three network. As one of the biggest networks in Ireland, "

Edit:- And the networks that do support it (Eir/Vodafone) charge extra for the privilege. (Supported Plans)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Suckit wrote:

Back up to €419, missed the boat, looking for replacement for Redmi note 9 pro, presume this would be a big upgrade? Looking for similar price and battery power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

sugarman wrote: »

Is it a better phone than the F3 ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Little A wrote: »

Thanks
    How you finding the phone would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

mr170 wrote: »
    How you finding the phone would you recommend it?

I got mine a couple of weeks ago from Amazon.es at the introductory price of €200 plus delivery for the 6/126gb version. So far I'm very happy with it. Very snappy with a nice screen and great battery. I only realised how sluggish my old MiA1 had gone when I sparked up the new phone. I haven't used the camera much so far but for the few photos I've taken it's grand for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago from Amazon.es at the introductory price of €200 plus delivery for the 6/126gb version. So far I'm very happy with it. Very snappy with a nice screen and great battery. I only realised how sluggish my old MiA1 had gone when I sparked up the new phone. I haven't used the camera much so far but for the few photos I've taken it's grand for my needs.

Thanks, I think I will order one myself they seems great value for the spec's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭CoBo55

sugarman wrote: »

Does it have wireless charging?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Does it have wireless charging?
    No.
    The Realme X50 Pro also supports all previous VOOC fast charging options, as well as USB-PD, so if you are fine without the charging speed that only 65W VOOC 2.0 provides, you can charge it with whatever fast charger you have lying around. As long as it's not a wireless charger that is - as the Realme X50 Pro does not support that.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

My kid is going to start secondary school in September. This will be the first phone the child has. I was looking at the Poco X3 Pro. It's about €200. But is the too big of a phone for a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Just set up a Xiaomi Poco f3 ,I'm on Tesco Mobile,so when I put in the SIM card I can make calls but when receiving them practicing with my wife's mobile and the home phone the ringer would ring for about three or four seconds and then cut off,now it doesn't ring at all,I get a notification Pop up on top confirming the call but asking for the speaker to be turned on.So no ringtone for incoming calls, I've gone through every setting over and over and everything seems ok ,any ideas, love the phone but got a shock with this, maybe I just got a faulty one,still have time to return to Amazon,so won't be out of pocket, thanks again.

corkie wrote: »
    Just checked that and everything seems ok,also my wife just tried FB messenger and WhatsApp and they are ringing through continuosly and perfectly,but Google phone and text just ring once and I get the Pop up .

• Advertisement

@Shamrock 64

How old is your sim card? Have you tried with another sim in the phone.

"Go to the Phone app > Menu button > Settings > Call settings > Incoming call settings"

How to quickly silence your Xiaomi phone (MIUI V5) while it’s ringing ?
    ^^^ Old post but may have related settings in that location?

Edit: -
    What Phone app is in use? You could try installing
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer
    and making it the default app for it?

corkie wrote: »
    @Shamrock 64

How old is your sim card? Have you tried with another sim in the phone.

"Go to the Phone app > Menu button > Settings > Call settings > Incoming call settings"

How to quickly silence your Xiaomi phone (MIUI V5) while it’s ringing ?
    ^^^ Old post but may have related settings in that location?

Edit: -
    What Phone app is in use? You could try installing
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer
    and making it the default app for it?

Already using the Google phone app, not sure how old the SIM is,a good few years at least will make a trip to a Tesco Mobile tomorrow, hopefully it's the SIM as you say.Thanks for your time anyway.

^^^ Could you test with your wife sim in the phone and see if you have the same problem?

The Poco M3 4GB/64GB is €87.30 from GShopper with code C82C99DAAA you may need to use the app, I'm not sure.

https://www.gshopper.com/ie/product/detail/3000006782

Realme 7 5G 6GB/128GB is €185 on Amazon Spain
    https://www.amazon.es/realme-5G-smartphone-Display-bater%2525C3%2525ADa/dp/B08MR37F2D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Suckit wrote: »
    The Poco M3 4GB/64GB is €87.30 from GShopper with code C82C99DAAA you may need to use the app, I'm not sure.

https://www.gshopper.com/ie/product/detail/3000006782

[/url]

Hi, Ive tried both app and web and can’t get this code to be valid, is there a trick to this ? Tried different colours etc to no avail Thanks

caycro wrote: »
    Hi, Ive tried both app and web and can’t get this code to be valid, is there a trick to this ? Tried different colours etc to no avail Thanks
    Seems to be expired now. I posted it late last night as it was only then when I saw it.

Try
    EB03C4BE6C (could be for the higher 128GB version)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

so a bit of feedback on the xiaomi redmi note 10s . great phone so far . can only recommend it. i'm not using it myself but there are 2 of em in the house . it's feels and looks like a very high end phone . I have an Xiaomi mi 9 lite myself . thats a decent phone but not quite the same as the redmi note 10s . that's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

rizzee wrote: »
    So I’ve had the F3 out for a couple of hours now and my first impressions are very positive.

8/256gb €371 from Amazon.de

Did a fresh install after logging into my Google account so currently have just 26gb used after getting most of my apps on and configured.

Nice big screen with excellent viewing angles, buttery smooth when you turn on 120hz.
    Lightning fast - over 10 apps open in the background and seamless switching between them.
    Best fingerprint sensor I’ve used on a phone, hands down. It is instant.
    Charged it up with the included 33w (I had a UK adapter which screws it into place, so no wobble) Will come back in a couple of days to comment on this, but at 97% it says 38hrs available. I’m sure I’ll get over a day with it.

I’m not a big camera user, maybe just everyday snaps. Taken one or two photos for testing, looks fine to me. I can’t go into much detail with this.

Using the cover that came with it (very nice) and have a glass protector on already (you can see some bubbles in photo)

I like the Poco launcher Ui. The split screen notification and control centre is pretty cool.

Speakers are very loud, almost too loud for ringtones! I usually have most phones at around 80% loudness, I have this close to 50%

Overall very impressed. When it got delivered and set up it felt like Christmas, as someone who changes phones every month or so it’s been a while since I’ve had that feeling!! I know I’d get my money back easily, even a couple of months down the line.

One negative from Amazon, packaging was terrible, literally the sealed phone box in a cardboard box with no bubble or surrounding protection.

How are you finding the F3 after nearly 2 months use, Rizzee?

I'm thinking of getting it to replace my Pixel 3A XL, seems like a no-brainer, with a slight concern about the camera quality. Not that I'm much of a photographer, just want nice pics of our kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

corwill wrote: »
    How are you finding the F3 after nearly 2 months use, Rizzee?

I'm thinking of getting it to replace my Pixel 3A XL, seems like a no-brainer, with a slight concern about the camera quality. Not that I'm much of a photographer, just want nice pics of our kid.

I got rid of it after less than 2 weeks, haha! I usually swap and change phones regularly, but aside from the camera is was an excellent phone.

I've said previously I don't use the camera much myself, but I had the F3 on a weekend away and it was absolutely dreadful. It instantly put me off the phone - I've had 2/3-year-old phones that were better quality - that's how bad it was. Colours all over the place, blurry etc. I suppose that was the big compromise at this price point.

I managed to swoop a €180 Pixel 4A so I sold the F3 at cost price lucky enough. It wouldn't put me off a POCO in the future, I liked the UI, the SD870 helped of course but the camera was a huge let down unforutnately. I didn't try GCAM or other applications and there may be updates since - I'd look into that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

rizzee wrote: »
    I got rid of it after less than 2 weeks, haha! I usually swap and change phones regularly, but aside from the camera is was an excellent phone.

I've said previously I don't use the camera much myself, but I had the F3 on a weekend away and it was absolutely dreadful. It instantly put me off the phone - I've had 2/3-year-old phones that were better quality - that's how bad it was. Colours all over the place, blurry etc. I suppose that was the big compromise at this price point.

I managed to swoop a €180 Pixel 4A so I sold the F3 at cost price lucky enough. It wouldn't put me off a POCO in the future, I liked the UI, the SD870 helped of course but the camera was a huge let down unforutnately. I didn't try GCAM or other applications and there may be updates since - I'd look into that.

Great, thanks for the feedback, a bullet dodged!

Advertisement