Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

corwill wrote: »
    Great, thanks for the feedback, a bullet dodged!

Pocos phone software is always a let down very easy to swap out for gcam and it's a different phone altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

sioda wrote: »
    Pocos phone software is always a let down very easy to swap out for gcam and it's a different phone altogether

Would you need to keep it rooted on an ongoing basis? Because I want to be able to use Google Pay and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ordered a Poco X3Pro from GoMibo on Wednesday, UPS had it 'out for delivery' and 'on it's way' yesterday but it did not arrive, no sign of it today and no update on the tracking except to say check back tomorrow for an updated estimated delivery date.
    Emailed GoMibo but got no response yet.

First phone I ordered from them arrived next day as promised, but am a bit concerned that this one might be gone missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone know of any decent alternative ROMS for the Poco F2?

I'm sorry to have to say it, but mine is very buggy, lots of irritating problem's that seem to stem from the work/personal profile thing the phone has.

Even an unofficial one might be better than what I have at present, minor things in fairness, like WhatsApp dual app won't let me operate my camera or take calls using the app, sometimes music will play through the speaker in the car at the same time as I'm dealing with a client for work.

Etc etc etc. This just seems extremely buggy in comparison with my older Poco F1, kinda regretting giving it away to my mum now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

McMurphy wrote: »
    Anyone know of any decent alternative ROMS for the Poco F2?

I'm sorry to have to say it, but mine is very buggy, lots of irritating problem's that seem to stem from the work/personal profile thing the phone has.

Even an unofficial one might be better than what I have at present, minor things in fairness, like WhatsApp dual app won't let me operate my camera or take calls using the app, sometimes music will play through the speaker in the car at the same time as I'm dealing with a client for work.

Etc etc etc. This just seems extremely buggy in comparison with my older Poco F1, kinda regretting giving it away to my mum now tbh.

I think the last two years growth spurt of Xiaomi phones has changed them, and it would seem not for the better.
    Anyway, Roms here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/xiaomi-poco-f2-pro-redmi-k30-pro-roms-kernels.10683/

I put crDroid onto my friends about 2 or 3 weeks ago and he loves it. Maybe longer. Whenever last update was I think just after that.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-official-lmi-crdroid-v7-6-25-05-2021.4201615/

I thin EvolutionX is the most popular. I had it on a previous phone, but I can't remember it.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/evolution-x-5-3-for-poco-f2-pro-redmi-k30-pro-lmi-lmipro.4174429/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Will give it a go some time later today suck, cheers.

Pulled the plug on the Pixel 4A 5G today, after watching and waiting for the Find X2 Neo to drop again. Due to different reasons my hand was kinda forced to quickly buy a phone, and I am mainly after camera atm.
    The Find X Neo dropped a bit down to €405 and they have used - Very Good condition with 1 year warranty available too from €312.. :pac:
    Typical, Double the storage, ram and a better camera..
    Now I have to either try and cancel the pixel or go ahead with it an maybe return it... :D (and I had a small bit of hassle trying to get the fecking pixel too. )
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B088245PRB/ref=olp_aod_redir_impl1?_encoding=UTF8&aod=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Suckit wrote: »
    Pulled the plug on the Pixel 4A 5G today, after watching and waiting for the Find X2 Neo to drop again. Due to different reasons my hand was kinda forced to quickly buy a phone, and I am mainly after camera atm.
    The Find X Neo dropped a bit down to €405 and they have used - Very Good condition with 1 year warranty available too from €312.. :pac:
    Typical, Double the storage, ram and a better camera..
    Now I have to either try and cancel the pixel or go ahead with it an maybe return it... :D (and I had a small bit of hassle trying to get the fecking pixel too. )
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B088245PRB/ref=olp_aod_redir_impl1?_encoding=UTF8&aod=1

I almost bought the pixel 4A 5G yesterday, if you bought the damn thing then keep it. First inline for all android updates. They are a pretty unique phone. Reason I didn't buy it was because the camera was on par with my current phone and the camera was a make or break situation for me. I wanted a better camera phone which the 4A 5G didn't live up to unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

How much better is the camera on the oppo than the pixel?

I've the mi note 10 and I'm very close to ditching it for a pixel as a want a decent camera, it's too slow you take a pic and the whole phone freezes for a few secs. Plus the colour saturation on the pics is horrendous. The kids look like they've been super highlighted

But if the oppos camera is good I'd definitely consider it and sell mine

ImARebel wrote: »
    How much better is the camera on the oppo than the pixel?

I've the mi note 10 and I'm very close to ditching it for a pixel as a want a decent camera, it's too slow you take a pic and the whole phone freezes for a few secs. Plus the colour saturation on the pics is horrendous. The kids look like they've been super highlighted

But if the oppos camera is good I'd definitely consider it and sell mine
    It's not a lot, but is a noticeable amount better. There is also a Gcam port for it.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10195&idPhone2=10385#diff-

But some over on Reddit saying the camera quality on the Pixel 5 (same camera as 4A 5G) has better results. Although it is unclear if they are using gcam or any other app on both phones. It's also unclear whether or not they have tested both phones. The Find x2 Neo has 2x zoom too.
    I went through a lot of sites and camera reviews. Both phones are undoubtedly good with great cameras. The Oppo just edges it.

• Advertisement

Got the same two guys this morning, took the same photo and uploaded it to a RAW image viewing website. The Oppo camera is a lot better. Even the Pixel owner conceded. They took 4 photos. Two from a distance and two close ups.
    Both used Gcam.

Seems amazon Germany (new and used) is best place to get it at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Best phone for around €150 don't need any bigger screen than 6inches... Something that has a decent camera and doesn't weigh a ton

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Best phone for around €150 don't need any bigger screen than 6inches... Something that has a decent camera and doesn't weigh a ton
    Probably the Redmi 8 Note Pro - drops in price every now and again on amazon Spain and Germany.

Same with the Moto G9 plus, which has a newer release date, and clean android os.
    Moto G8 Plus.

- Any of last years reduced priced phones most often a lot better than any of this years at the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Have to return a Redmi Note 9 pro, what would be a good alternative or would it be better to get a replacement?

Holy Duck wrote: »
    Have to return a Redmi Note 9 pro, what would be a good alternative or would it be better to get a replacement?
    Up to you whether or not to replace it, but a good option for an alternative would be the Realme 7 5G or if budget allows, Realme 7 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

cavan4sam wrote: »

Got the Pixel 4A for €180 SIM free from Vodafone online in April, not sure if the offer is there still. Well worth it.

Suckit wrote: »
    Got the same two guys this morning, took the same photo and uploaded it to a RAW image viewing website. The Oppo camera is a lot better. Even the Pixel owner conceded. They took 4 photos. Two from a distance and two close ups.
    Both used Gcam.

Seems amazon Germany (new and used) is best place to get it at a good price.

Balls. It's gone back up a bit. It had dropped to €375 in Starry Blue. I ordered the Pixel on Friday, no sign of it and my order not tracking, I'll have to ring them tomorrow, but after a bit of look around it seems the Vodafone site is renowned for order not going through properly, and now i've missed the Oppo. No doubt it will come back, but no idea to when that might be.

I'll be raging if the Pixel order didn't go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Looking at the redmi 9 note Pro on honorbuy €210
    How would it compare to the huawei p30 Pro?

Also the redmi note 10 on offer with Vodafone? Anyone have this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi I have redmi note 9s, which is dual sim phone

I have two Sims, Gomo Sim 1 and Tesco Sim2

While I can make and receive calls on both Sims
    I can text using Sim1 only

I was thinking of installing another Text app from the Google Play store, unless you guys have a better suggestion?

Thanks

Anyone pre ordering the the Oneplus Nord CE ? I'm trying to decide what to do. Seems like a nice midranger. What are Oneplus like for updates these days ? I was about to buy a Xiaomi Poco F3 but then saw this. Had a few Xiaomis and would like something different for a change.

I asked Oneplus support how long it will take to ship one and they said they are shipping after June 14th.

Anyone know where the phones ship from exactly ? A warehouse in EU somwhere ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Make up my mind for me.

I have a relatively new oneplus 8 pro. Battery life is just shocking, though there is the warp charge. BUt still. what good is that when you're not at home to charge the battery?

I've been looking at the Mi 10 T pro as an alternative. the only thing really turning me off, slightly is the lack of wireless charging. Its mainly because my car has a wireless charger that I find very useful.

Camera also seems to be better on the Mi10 T pro than the OP8pro

Anyone have the Mi 10 T pro care to offer their opinion?

I think Mi software in general is going through a change at the minute and causing quite a few bugs, Mi OS has issues across all models. That aside, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Mi 10 T Pro in particular, is having some sort of issues with updates, or maybe not getting any. Might be worth looking into before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Intersting. A lot seem to be pinning their hopes on a MIU12.5 update to fix the issues. Still tempted to take a punt, 256gb version going for 440 which is a darn site cheaper than what I paid for my OP8P

Oneplus Nord CE, watched a few video reviews on youtube. It's a very average phone priced below the regular Nord, mediocre cameras to especially the wide angle lense 8MP camera at the back. Shame as I hoped this phone was going to be a cracker but it isn't. Buying a Poco F3 now, be mad not to for the same price as the Nord CE. It will be my 4th Xiamoi phone in 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

where is the cheapest site to buy the poco f3 ?.

bassy wrote: »
    where is the cheapest site to buy the poco f3 ?.

Amazon.de, it's €318.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Thinking of buying a Samsung a52 from one of the shops in town (Moore Street Area), are they ok to buy off,any good or bad experiences, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I think the Xiaomi Mi 11 lite 5G is a great alternative to the Poco F3, seems to have much better camera and it's same price. I just bought the F3, now thinking of cancelling my order and getting the Mi 11 lite 5G instead. Balls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Have a budget of €250, can anyone direct me to a good phone? Good memory, spec, camera

Redmi note 8 pro perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Have a budget of €250, can anyone direct me to a good phone? Good memory, spec, camera

Redmi note 8 pro perhaps?

Could get the Redmi note 10 for that.

Advertisement