Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

GBX wrote: »

Maybe they have it resolved but Curry's had huge issues with delivery.

Bought online after Xmas got delivery date from dpd. Notice of delays. Long story short eventually got refund after 5 weeks. Horrible attitude towards customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭corks finest

orm0nd wrote: »

Bought online after Xmas got delivery date from dpd. Notice of delays. Long story short eventually got refund after 5 weeks. Horrible attitude towards customers.

Currys - PC World etc thrmeur cc isn't great at times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

orm0nd wrote: »

Yeah they had but looks to be sorted out. That said my sister had issues with them and said similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭R11

I'm tempted by this-
    https://www.banggood.com/Alldocube-iPlay-20-SC9863A-Octa-Core-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-4G-LTE-10_1-Inch-Android-10_0-Tablet-p-1696334.html?cur_warehouse=CZ&DCC=IE&currency=EUR

Decent price for the spec, delivered in a week from Czech Republic, reviews are pretty good especially for the price. Do those Chinese tablets get updates? Or will it be useless in a year or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Hi. My Samsung Galaxy J5 [2016] is 4 years old and definitely old so I want to upgrade.

I've been recommended the OnePlus Nord N10 5G by a friend. I know nothing about phones but I want something with decent storage where I don't have to delete an app everything I download a new one. I also want decent battery and just an all round reliable mid range phone. I could get that for around €300 which I'd be happy with. It gets quite good reviews but seems a bit big and bulky [a woman here :)]

I'd love to know what people think? Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 john paulo

Hey folks has anyone lost their Google playstore app from their Chinese Realme phone recently. I have the Realme X50 pro player edition and I can't seem get a reply from their customer service on how to fix it. I have reset it but the Google apps are all acting up now as they can't update correctly! thanks in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

john paulo wrote: »
    Hey folks has anyone lost their Google playstore app from their Chinese Realme phone recently. I have the Realme X50 pro player edition and I can't seem get a reply from their customer service on how to fix it. I have reset it but the Google apps are all acting up now as they can't update correctly! thanks in advance!!

I updated my redmi to miui 12 recently and the phone went to ****. The play services app is causing the issue and I can't find a way to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 john paulo

I have a feeling that they want to use the Chinese app market, forcing out Google slowly but surely!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,124 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

john paulo wrote: »
    I have a feeling that they want to use the Chinese app market, forcing out Google slowly but surely!

google own and control android

no way they are being pushed out unless china comes up with a global OS of their own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

R11 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent budget Chinese tablet from a European warehouse? My youngest sons tablet wont turn on so looks like I may need a new one. 10 inch would be great, need to do schoolwork/Seesaw,play a few games, watch Netflix. Anything decent around €120?? That would get delivered in a week or so??Or am I asking for too much!??

Google "Gsmarena phone guide latest" and choose one from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That site is so comprehensive it's impossible to choose:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That site is so comprehensive it's impossible to choose:D:D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANKYO-MatrixPad-Z10-1920x1200-Quad-Core/dp/B0827C3558/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+tablet&qid=1612866513&sprefix=Vankyo+&sr=8-9

This was linked a few pages back. Might be got on an EU site instead of Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭R11

Thanks. I actually got this- https://www.banggood.com/Alldocube-iPlay-20-SC9863A-Octa-Core-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-4G-LTE-10_1-Inch-Android-10_0-Tablet-p-1696334.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN
    Seems sold out now but I got it delivered from a Czech warehouse for €120. Young lad loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Looking for new phone in the 400e-800e range (nice if I could get 500e-600e), as close to a flagship phone as possible. Good camera etc.
    Any websites with good deals in this range at the moment?
    I'm willing to go closer to the 800e if I feel like I'm getting a good deal/big discount.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

keeping an eye out for the exact same thing. checking out some o amazon.de
    if the germans are happy must be ok
    tablet Android 10.0 - TOSCIDO Tablets 10 inch 4 GB / RAM, 64 GB / ROM Tablet PC Octa Core, Dual SIM, WiFi support Bluetooth keyboard | mouse | Tablet Cover and More Included - Gray

Looking for new phone in the 400e-800e range (nice if I could get 500e-600e), as close to a flagship phone as possible. Good camera etc.
    I'm willing to go closer to the 800e if I feel like I'm getting a good deal/big discount.

Thanks!

I think this article hits at the type of phone I am looking for

https://www.gsmarena.com/best_flagship_killers_buyers_guide-review-2039.php

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think this article hits at the type of phone I am looking for

https://www.gsmarena.com/best_flagship_killers_buyers_guide-review-2039.php
    The 4G version of the first phone in that article is currently on offer on amazon Spain with the 10" Galaxy Tab A7 for €554 + Shipping and the 5G bundle is €664 + shipping.

https://www.amazon.es/Samsung-Galaxy-S20-FE-4G/dp/B08X8BFMLF

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Thanks!

I'm waiting to see what the new oneplus 9 has to offer.
    But this has insane spec for the price and good reviews too

https://bludiode.com/en/phones-and-smartphones/xiaomi-mi-11-12gb256gb-blue-15097/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pricewars2&utm_campaign=xiaomi-mi-11-12gb256gb-blue&new_cure=2&RgExcludeLocationDetection

at last, a phone that might make me upgrade from my poco F1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    at last, a phone that might make me upgrade from my poco F1

Yeah I think I'll be going for the 9pro.
    Unless there is something else out there that might sway me.
    Have oneplus phones since the 3 and currently on 6t.
    Only gripe is the fingerprint sensor is the worst one I've ever used so hopefully 9 would be way better.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Only gripe is the fingerprint sensor is the worst one I've ever used so hopefully 9 would be way better.
    Say it's improved,my one plus 7 pro works nearly always ( when it doesn't-infrequently probably my big paws)

Say it's improved,my one plus 7 pro works nearly always ( when it doesn't-infrequently probably my big paws)

Mine was perfect until a Google update maybe 6 months after buying it.
    Hit and miss since after tying all fixes.
    Rarely works when plugged in.

Thanks!

I ended up going with the oneplus 8t directly from website for ~550e. Free case too.
    I actually wanted the oneplus8 pro, found it for 700e on german amazon but it wasn't going to arrive until monday week and currently I have no phone. Also it would have been european charger instead of UK.
    Oneplus8t from website will arrive next monday.

Oneplus8t was also on amazon germany but only saving 10e, has EU charger, no free case and longer delivery time so made sense to buy direct from oneplus.

Slightly disappointed I couldn't get something a little more exotic or premium but being phoneless at the moment made delivery time important.

im refering to the Mi 11 in the link

its a beautiful beast

its a beautiful beast

Yeah thanks for that Syd.
    How do you reckon it's stacks up against the reported specs of the 9pro?

Mine was perfect until a Google update maybe 6 months after buying it.
    Hit and miss since after tying all fixes.
    Rarely works when plugged in.

Factory reset so,it's a balls when they start playing up,I went from an apple xs max to the OnePlus and consider the 7 pro a much better phone

its a beautiful beast

I've had load's on mi phones rock steady but updates are few and far between,and always way behind android updates,and the mi skin isn't perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Suckit wrote: »
    The Ulefone X5 is more robust. I have a friend who is in construction and has gone through a lot of phones. Last time he broke a phone he gave out to everyone, and he was told that him being careless has a lot to do with it.
    The X5 is so far the longest lasting.

its an excellent phone, excellent value, a tad heavy but built to last

I ended up going with the oneplus 8t directly from website for ~550e. Free case too.
    I actually wanted the oneplus8 pro, found it for 700e on german amazon but it wasn't going to arrive until monday week and currently I have no phone. Also it would have been european charger instead of UK.
    Oneplus8t from website will arrive next monday.

Oneplus8t was also on amazon germany but only saving 10e, has EU charger, no free case and longer delivery time so made sense to buy direct from oneplus.

Slightly disappointed I couldn't get something a little more exotic or premium but being phoneless at the moment made delivery time important.

Decent phone though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Sorry for slight off topic but where would you source the spare parts for chinese phone? I've had a slight mishap and now got this problem. Our local phone repair shop lad says he has no parts for it. It's Poco F2 Pro. Camera is still working but the glass cover is in bits.

gCWq4lj.jpg

Advertisement