Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Snotty wrote: »
    would using this adaptor with the poco plug still give the fast charge same as using the poco plug on it own?

Yes it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sugarman wrote: »
    These are much better, they hold it far more securely and are more compact. Those other ones above fall out with the smallest of tug of the cable

s-l300.jpg

that looks the business

know where they can be sourced? can't tell from the image

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

lawred2 wrote: »
    Interesting to see what happens with it... I'd have been holding off buying anything that expensive from Amazon UK.. will be good to get first hand insight.

Said I'd update on this. Phone arrived today, no additional charges. I paid 228 on amazon.co.uk and no charges aside from what I paid Amazon when purchasing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

sugarman wrote: »
    eBay.

Hey, sorry to be a dose, but any chance you could tell what keywords you used when searching?

Can't find that specific one at all :)

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Said I'd update on this. Phone arrived today, no additional charges. I paid 228 on amazon.co.uk and no charges aside from what I paid Amazon when purchasing. :)

good to know

it's a cracking phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

anyone got a good recommendation for a phone around 400-500?... not too bothered on camera, just speed and battery life

jobless wrote: »
    anyone got a good recommendation for a phone around 400-500?... not too bothered on camera, just speed and battery life

you don't need to spend even close to 400-500 to get a performant phone with a decent battery :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What phone are you upgrading from?

GBX wrote: »
    What phone are you upgrading from?

moto g4 plus, its getting quite slow,

you don't need to spend even close to 400-500 to get a performant phone with a decent battery :confused:

if so thats great, i know bugger all about phones... just want something i can keep for 3 years and wont degrade quickly

• Advertisement

if so thats great, i know bugger all about phones... just want something i can keep for 3 years and wont degrade quickly

from a moto g4 - just go get the phone that we just ordered - POCO X3 NFC

you'll get it delivered sim free for €200

it's light and day compared to a Moto G4 (which I had - also had the G5)

battery on the POCO is three days for me so far and I'm not a very light user... I'd use it for google fit and have a number of bluetooth devices connected.. smart watch, headphones etc.

has fingerprint reader and an NFC chip for google pay..

from a moto g4 - just go get the phone that we just ordered - POCO X3 NFC

you'll get it delivered sim free for €200

it's light and day compared to a Moto G4 (which I had - also had the G5)

battery on the POCO is three days for me so far and I'm not a very light user... I'd use it for google fit and have a number of bluetooth devices connected.. smart watch, headphones etc.

has fingerprint reader and an NFC chip for google pay..

cool i will check that out, thanks for recommendation... where did you buy it from?

cool i will check that out, thanks for recommendation... where did you buy it from?

amazon.de

but another lad got it direct from amazon.uk and what he paid amazon.uk was bottom line.. Amazon sorted the import duties/carges

I second the Poco X3

Got one for the mother and it's kinda putting my 12GB OnePlus Nord to shame! :D

Link for Amazon Germany:
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08B992MYF/

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I second the Poco X3

Got one for the mother and it's kinda putting my 12GB OnePlus Nord to shame! :D

Link for Amazon Germany:
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08B992MYF/

ty!...how long did it take to get it?

ty!...how long did it take to get it?

Ordered Jan 5th, received Jan 12th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

are you being caught for additional charges off amazon.de as in the an post handling then the vat % like if you get in in from China ?

are you being caught for additional charges off amazon.de as in the an post handling then the vat % like if you get in in from China ?

No. Why were you thinking that?

just when i saw
    "and what he paid amazon.uk was bottom line "

Im looking at a tablet off amazon that seems to be only on the amazon.it/.de not on uk one. if i was going to be charged fees id get it off a chinese retailer direct

just when i saw

Im looking at a tablet off amazon that seems to be only on the amazon.it/.de not on uk one. if i was going to be charged fees id get it off a chinese retailer direct

only postage fees likely from either of those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

just when i saw

Only items from the UK are charged fees.

i know its off topic but i ordered books off amazon on jan 1st. they were reduced but added fees of 8 euro odd to it .. order didnt arrive yet so i cancelled it. Easons etc will do a lot better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭R11

Anyone recommend a decent budget Chinese tablet from a European warehouse? My youngest sons tablet wont turn on so looks like I may need a new one. 10 inch would be great, need to do schoolwork/Seesaw,play a few games, watch Netflix. Anything decent around €120?? That would get delivered in a week or so??Or am I asking for too much!??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

R11 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent budget Chinese tablet from a European warehouse? My youngest sons tablet wont turn on so looks like I may need a new one. 10 inch would be great, need to do schoolwork/Seesaw,play a few games, watch Netflix. Anything decent around €120?? That would get delivered in a week or so??Or am I asking for too much!??

You could pick up something half decent in Currys (Delivery in 3-5 days)

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/android-tablets/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/149_3402_32003_xx_ba00010673-bv00308595-ba00011326-bv00313060%7Cbv00309266%7Cbv00309267%7Cbv00309892%7Cbv00309268%7Cbv00309444/100-250_100-250_xx_xx_6-7-8-9-10-11-criteria.html

GBX wrote: »

Thanks.... What would be the best value out of all them? Don't want a slow brick of a thing but doubt I'll get much RAM for about €120...that's why I thought a Chinese one from a EU warehouse might offer more bang for my buck...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

R11 wrote: »
    vankyo s30
    I love mine

smilerf wrote: »
    vankyo s30
    I love mine

Good to hear. Where did you get yours?Quick delivery?

Thats the Z10 and I'd imagine I'll have customs to pay as its from Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

R11 wrote:
    Thats the Z10 and I'd imagine I'll have customs to pay as its from Amazon?

No customs due, Amazon deduct the UK vat then add Irish vat which is listed as import fees at the checkout works out at around 3 pound extra

Advertisement