Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

lawred2 wrote: »
    ordered

I was about €220 all in as I ordered a leather case too.
    Both items shipped separately.
    Both items shipped today.

Looks like a solid device for the price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

marcbrophy wrote:
    Looks like a solid device for the price

Don't think you'll be disappointed - I was really impressed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Is xaomi.ie actually based in Ireland? Just wondering if I order a phone from there, will I be stung for customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Is xaomi.ie actually based in Ireland? Just wondering if I order a phone from there, will I be stung for customs?

No, they've a bricks n mortar store in Spain

• Advertisement

No, they've a bricks n mortar store in Spain

Thank you. :) Ended up finding the phone I wanted (redmi note 9 pro) for 228 for the 6gb/128gb version on amazon as opposed to 300+ on xiaomi.ie anyway :)

Thank you. :) Ended up finding the phone I wanted (redmi note 9 pro) for 228 for the 6gb/128gb version on amazon as opposed to 300+ on xiaomi.ie anyway :)

amazon de/es?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Snotty wrote: »

That's the one, estimated delivery 25th. Was gonna pay 250 for the note 9 128gb with similar delivery times from Ireland so I'm happy enough to find the pro for cheaper :pac:

That's the one, estimated delivery 25th. Was gonna pay 250 for the note 9 128gb with similar delivery times from Ireland so I'm happy enough to find the pro for cheaper :pac:

will you have to pay customs?

• Advertisement

will you have to pay customs?

According to posters on Consumer Issues and Online Buying & Auction, I shouldn't. Amazon tacked on an additional charge during checkout (albeit not much). I asked on threads first before going ahead with the purchase and seemingly amazon do it for you in advance.

According to posters on Consumer Issues and Online Buying & Auction, I shouldn't. Amazon tacked on an additional charge during checkout (albeit not much). I asked on threads first before going ahead with the purchase and seemingly amazon do it for you in advance.

Interesting to see what happens with it... I'd have been holding off buying anything that expensive from Amazon UK.. will be good to get first hand insight.

Interesting to see what happens with it... I'd have been holding off buying anything that expensive from Amazon UK.. will be good to get first hand insight.

I'll update the thread when it arrives, with any luck I won't have to pay anything else but who knows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

BKWDR wrote: »
    Never seen it before. Had the Mi9T and now the poco X3.
    Personally I wouldn't, prefer to have a stable release especially on a new device

My phone somehow downloaded this pilot update and when It restarted the new update was installed. I have some camera glitches but the most annoying thing is my alarm will not go off. I have tried google alarm and another from the app store. Is there a way to roll back to a previous version?

I have the Mi 10

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

looking at redmi 9 off vodafone for daughters 1st phone. anything better for sub 100 to the door ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

looking at redmi 9 off vodafone for daughters 1st phone. anything better for sub 100 to the door ?
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 48 podgey1992

I've had the pocofone (F1) for a couple of years now and want to upgrade. I'm thinking of going for the mi11 or maybe even waiting for mi11 pro as I want to buy the best (reasonablely priced) flagship on the market, and I think this looks like it.

Anyone have any advice on where to get it cheapest? Or on another phone which might be more value for money?

Thanks!

My Poco X3 arrived. Cracking phone for the money.

Only annoyance is the continental charger..

My Poco X3 arrived. Cracking phone for the money.

Only annoyance is the continental charger..

Ah bugger - I bought mine from Amazon UK and it had UK chargers.

These are neater solutions than some other adapters - https://www.satworld.ie/2-pin-to-3-pin-plug-adapter-eu-to-irl-uk.html

These are neater solutions than some other adapters - https://www.satworld.ie/2-pin-to-3-pin-plug-adapter-eu-to-irl-uk.html

the bulky converter wouldn't fit in the case - nice solution for a standard plug though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭CoBo55

They're brilliant I'm going to order a few, one for my electric toothbrush charger too. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone seen that style adapter in a B&M store in Ireland? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Slightly cheaper from these lads https://www.freetv.ie/converter-plug/
    I've bought plenty of stuff from them and they give a top class service.

CoBo55 wrote:
    I've bought plenty of stuff from them and they give a top class service

https://www.freetv.ie/converter-plug/

Slightly cheaper from these lads

Nope. Those guys are more expensive for shipping. My link is cheapest by about a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Also, be aware that the shape of the Poco X3 charger would not really fit with these adapters

The poco charger is a 3A beast as well... not your standard 1.0 - 1.5A converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

BKWDR wrote: »
    Also, be aware that the shape of the Poco X3 charger would not really fit with these adapters
    There are similar adapters with different slots, one loading from the back of the plug as opposed to the bottom but same idea for the different shaped ones, but can't remember where I saw them. I know there are a few sellers on adverts of adapters etc. it might have been there.

How would these style adaptors work with the poco x3 plug?

s-l300.jpg

How would these style adaptors work with the poco x3 plug?

s-l300.jpg

it would technically work but the weight of the charger might pull it out of that...

it would stand out a long way from a socket anyway

• Advertisement

it would technically work but the weight of the charger might pull it out of that...

it would stand out a long way from a socket anyway

would using this adaptor with the poco plug still give the fast charge same as using the poco plug on it own?

Advertisement