Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it true most men wouldn't turn down free sex?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Good lad.

I can only imagine the sort of shcáld you bring back to the poor wife from the thick-holed chungwans with their rim-jobs. Jaysis suffering Christ on a Lambretta... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Just throwing in my €0.02

In my opinion, based on social observations over the past 14 years of Adulthood (21 to now), I believe the following.

1) Women cheat more than men, but men are caught cheating a lot more.
    2) When cheating Men are more likely to have a one night stand and regret it, Women are more likely to have full on affair.
    3) It's possible to be in Love with more than one person.
    4) Men cheat when presented with opportunity, Women cheat when they are not happy with the relationship
    5) Women have less of problem cheating with someone else's partner than men do.

These opinions are just based on what I've observed in work, with friends, with friends of friends, with family and at home.

To answer the OP's question. I was presented with many opportunities to cheat on my Ex, particularly at work. I never did though as I always thought about how much I cared about her and what would happen us if she were to ever find out. Then later after we had a Son I used to think about how much it would screw up his life too. So despite my balls urging me to do it, my Brain always won.
    Didn't matter though cause turned out she was cheating on me for nearly 4/5 months before I found out. (9 year relationship out the window, down the drain)

What's interesting though is, once we were broke up, I was able to explore those opportunities with a clean conscience. But once these people found out I was single, they lost all interest.

Big eye opener for me.

G.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

grahambo wrote: »

In my opinion, based on social observations over the past 14 years of Adulthood (21 to now), I believe the following.

2) When cheating Men are more likely to have a one night stand and regret it, Women are more likely to have full on affair.
    4) Men cheat when presented with opportunity, Women cheat when they are not happy with the relationship

These opinions are just based on what I've observed in work, with friends, with friends of friends, with family and at home.

To answer the OP's question. I was presented with many opportunities to cheat on my Ex, particularly at work. I never did though as I always thought about how much I cared about her and what would happen us if she were to ever find out. Then later after we had a Son I used to think about how much it would screw up his life too. So despite my balls urging me to do it, my Brain always won.
    Didn't matter though cause turned out she was cheating on me for nearly 4/5 months before I found out. (9 year relationship out the window, down the drain)

What's interesting though is, once we were broke up, I was able to explore those opportunities with a clean conscience. But once these people found out I was single, they lost all interest.

Big eye opener for me.

G.

That part is really messed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

A man is only ever as faithful as his options.

Well that’s a depressing thought.

Sure is, hence the "Big Eye Opener" bit.
    I've learned a lot about people so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Not really. A lot of flirtation is harmless. Women will flirt with the married or non single guy and think it safe. Passes the time.

When a man is known to be single they take it more seriously. So they don’t flirt.

The other theory - whiff of desperation of single guys - wouldn’t apply unless the guy was doing all the flirtation.

Mod-Redacted

Do you physically like mark those off on the Brazilian hot wans calendar? With a few days marked rimming golf holidays?

Your wife is fierce dim. A keeper and no mistake.

Not really. A lot of flirtation is harmless. Women will flirt with the married or non single guy and think it safe. Passes the time.

When a man is known to be single they take it more seriously. So they don’t flirt.

The other theory - whiff of desperation of single guys - wouldn’t apply unless the guy was doing all the flirtation.

My situation was not so much flirting in work, it was more on work nights out on the beer. It was defo there if I wanted it. Some of the women were single some were married.

I didn't go round broadcasting I was single again but all that stopped literally overnight.

I think some wanted to cheat on their husband but have the security of knowing I was with someone if you catch my meaning. Single women probably just wanted a notch in their belt.

I haven't been with anyone since. Just don't trust people in that way anymore.

I was going to see about posting anonymously and baring my soul :)

Instead I will say that we are complex and flawed creatures who most of the time do our best and some of time wonder "what if".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Big eye opener for me.

G.

Spot on. Note even in this thread all the men admit they would be tempted but they couldn't live with the guilt. The women all say they would never do it. Big big difference. The men are honest. Women have less of a problem cheating when they decide to do it and still insist they are a good person. Men feel like sh1t and know they are sh1t.

• Advertisement

Not really. A lot of flirtation is harmless. Women will flirt with the married or non single guy and think it safe. Passes the time..

I disagree. Flirting with a married person is never harmless.

professore wrote: »
    Spot on. Note even in this thread all the men admit they would be tempted but they couldn't live with the guilt. The women all say they would never do it. Big big difference. The men are honest. Women have less of a problem cheating when they decide to do it and still insist they are a good person. Men feel like sh1t and know they are sh1t.

I wasn't trying to have a dig a at women.
    I think the question needs to be adjusted for Women to answer correctly.

"Would you turn down free sex with a hot guy, if you were fed up/bored in the relationship you were in"

Women will cheat if they are bored in a relationship. Women need a lot more out of a relationship than a man does.
    Man needs friendship, trust and sex. Women need that, and much more. If they get bored or fed up they'll go somewhere else.
    Men don't really get bored so long as the sex is good.

Note: Just because a woman is bored in a relationship doesn't means she's not in love with the other person anymore.

I think the question need to be adjusted for Women to answer correctly.

Women will cheat if they are bored in a relationship. Women need a lot more out of a relationship than a man does.
    Man needs friendship, trust and sex. Women need that, and much more. If they get bored or fed up they'll go somewhere else.

I wasn't having a dig at women either.

Men do get bored too. We just put up with it. Men are like dogs and women are like cats. Like a cat it only looks for attention if you ignore it. Show interest or chase it and you are doomed.

Throw a dog the odd bone and he's happy.

That's why women will stick with an abusive narcissist or alcoholic but leave a guy that treats her well. Unquestioned loyalty is a male concept. It's our nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

Interesting point, I've seen a lot of guys cheat who don't feel guilty about it at all, and will just do it if they get the chance. I also know girls who have cheated but equally I've seen them try to rationalise it out as being a symptom of the relationship being over.

I think the question need to be adjusted for Women to answer correctly.

I don't see it as "men are this way and women are this way". We are individuals. Some men may be unfaithful because of unhappiness, some because of opportunity, some because of who knows why and women the same. There isn't just shades of grey, there's a whole kaleidescope going on.

Interesting point, I've seen a lot of guys cheat who don't feel guilty about it at all, and will just do it if they get the chance. I also know girls who have cheated but equally I've seen them try to rationalise it out as being a symptom of the relationship being over.

Yes there are a subset of men who just cheat all the time. They are unapologetic about it though and don't try to rationalise it away, except to their wives, who mostly just turn a blind eye. There are only a certain percentage of men CAPABLE of finding willing cheating partners, while it's much easier for women. That's the other side of it.

I don't see it as "men are this way and women are this way". We are individuals. Some men may be unfaithful because of unhappiness, some because of opportunity, some because of who knows why and women the same. There isn't just shades of grey, there's a whole kaleidescope going on.

Yes I agree we are individuals but there are general commonalities in men and women's behaviour I've seen repeated over and over. Like not everyone who smokes gets cancer but a lot of them do. Most men cheat purely for sex. I doubt most women do

Yes I agree we are individuals but there are general commonalities in men and women's behaviour I've seen repeated over and over. Like not everyone who smokes gets cancer but a lot of them do.

But is there really? I sometimes struggle to see this. My assumption is always that it's far too individual for commonalities to even exist. Now I'm open to other views on this and its something which comes up among my friends and I.

But is there really? I sometimes struggle to see this. My assumption is always that it's far too individual for commonalities to even exist. Now I'm open to other views on this and its something which comes up among my friends and I.

Also depends on how honest your friend group is about topics like this. How many cheated? How many thought about it? I bet you'll say none. Their ex husbands will beg to differ in many cases.

Biologically men are wired to want sex with as many women as possible. Women with the best man possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

Some men like fishing, some like cars, and other pass times, others like chasing women as kind of a pass time,there's a saying, if your husband doesn't have a hobby, he's cheating on ya,.

• Advertisement

Also depends on how honest your friend group is about topics like this. How many cheated? How many thought about it? I bet you'll say none. Their ex husbands will beg to differ in many cases.

One female friend has cheated and is still married. For her it would have been purely sexual. One male friend has numerous affairs and for him it is definitely sexual.

What I meant though was that the topic of commonalities between men and women has come up. Some of my friends would take the view that "all men are A" and "all women are B". You know those kind of beliefs that women can multitask and men can parallel park? Well I believe its far more individual than this.

"men are from mars women are from venus" and evolutional psychology 101 would be the two least interesting directions to take this conversation imo

One female friend has cheated and is still married. For her it would have been purely sexual. One male friend has numerous affairs and for him it is definitely sexual.

What I meant though was that the topic of commonalities between men and women has come up. Some of my friends would take the view that "all men are A" and "all women are B". You know those kind of beliefs that women can multitask and men can parallel park? Well I believe its far more individual than this.

I agree with you to an extent - there are more masculine women and more feminine men. But to take your other analogies far more men can parallel park and far more women can multitask. In general it's more likely to work that way.

And yes more women than people think cheat for sex. With one man at a time. A male cheater would happily cheat with 10 women in a week.

"men are from mars women are from venus" and evolutional psychology 101 would be the two least interesting directions to take this conversation imo

Is it true most women wouldn't turn down free sex is then an equally valid question.

What kind of immoral friends do you have :D:D

What kind of immoral friends do you have :D:D

:D

I disagree. Flirting with a married person is never harmless.

There’s a particular type of flirting which never goes anywhere. Safe enough. I’m not talking about emotional friendship or serious flirtation. Mild regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

There's only myself and 1 other in our gang of lads not married, the other 8 or so are.
    One of the married lads said his wedding ring gets him big attention, lo and behold the other single lad obtained himself a ring to wear out to generate interest.
    I was never big into the flings so I wouldn't do it myself but plenty of lads, married or not, live to chase and have one night stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Ridin' around isnt the problem.

Marriage is

• Advertisement

There’s a particular type of flirting which never goes anywhere. Safe enough. I’m not talking about emotional friendship or serious flirtation. Mild regard.

Fair enough

Advertisement