Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it true most men wouldn't turn down free sex?

Options
  • 16-07-2018 11:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

Heard this on the radio that if a husband/wife went for a lad's/gals trip abroad, were met by a stunner at a bar alone and could have an affair that no one would ever know about, around 30-40% of women would take the offer and 60-80% of men would.

Is this true? It's true in a biological sense men have less to lose from sex so I'm wondering if pregnancy and STD's were off the table for a married man along with the guarantee of secrecy, would nearly every one of them have a fling?

Comments

Warts are caused by a virus and most of the time the virus lies dormant in your system, it's not curable. Your best options are removal via a salicylic acid treatment or freezing and neither of those are guaranteed to be successful or may take repeated attempts to work. They sometimes disappear by themselves but I wouldn't waste any money on alternative remedies or healers, if any of those seem to have worked the likely explanation is coincidence, the wart went away by itself and the witch doctor got the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

Heard this on the radio that if a husband/wife went for a lad's/gals trip abroad, were met by a stunner at a bar alone and could have an affair that no one would ever know about, around 30-40% of women would take the offer and 60-80% of men would.

Is this true? It's true in a biological sense men have less to lose from sex so I'm wondering if pregnancy and STD's were off the table for a married man along with the guarantee of secrecy, would nearly every one of them have a fling?
    Don't believe it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Only thing that would stop me and most guys I know (Talking guys 20s to early 40s here) is if we thought we were being set up for a scam or the girl would become a bunny boiler.
    No strings attached, get a good ride and no repercussions and no STD? I'd say the 60 to 80% figure would be about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

In theory I would have said yes - but it happened to me in practice once with a married work colleague after a long dinner with lots of alcohol and outside my bedroom door I was presented with the option and I turned it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Turned down loads of times. Woke up one night to a girl grinding on me and just had to sort of throw her off lmao, she was hot too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Candie wrote: »
    Warts are caused by a virus and most of the time the virus lies dormant in your system, it's not curable. Your best options are removal via a salicylic acid treatment or freezing and neither of those are guaranteed to be successful or may take repeated attempts to work. They sometimes disappear by themselves but I wouldn't waste any money on alternative remedies or healers, if any of those seem to have worked the likely explanation is coincidence, the wart went away by itself and the witch doctor got the credit.

I feel like something has gone missing between the OP and the first response :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the wife wouldn't know but I'd know every time I looked in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I feel like something has gone missing between the OP and the first response :o

Yeah I read it twice wondering where the link was and maybe just the mention of STDs. Lol.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A conscience is a terrible thing for those of us afflicted by it.

I guess I'd be in the minority of men then. Sounds like pure effort, nevermind the betrayal etc. Wearing a condom again for the first time in seven years would make me feel like a teenager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I get free sex at home. Why would I want it when I had a night out from a randomer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Yep that's my take on it too. My husband's friend was with a girl for 10 years, and spent the last 2 having an affair. It's completely broken her and she's miserable and has no confidence.

I just couldn't do that to my husband, I love him so much and the thought of hurting him or breaking his trust would kill me. Even if he never found out I couldn't cuddle him with that on my mind, it would eat me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

shakeitoff wrote: »
    Turned down loads of times. Woke up one night to a girl grinding on me and just had to sort of throw her off lmao, she was hot too.

Username checks out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Some lads get fierce randy, especially if they’ve had a few pints. Would get up on the crack of a plate. Going around like a tomcat with two dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

No such thing as free sex, you always pay somehow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,161 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It wouldn't be 'free'. Guilt is a heavy price to pay.

• Administrators Posts: 53,650 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

A lot of men are all talk. Easy to say yes when it's purely hypothetical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Couldn't be bothered with the betrayal and the effort, and tbh one night stands are usually sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Don't believe it

I concur, Id say the percentage for men would be way higher.

And give yourself a high five in the mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

There is a theoretical world where no-strings attached sex exists but its not this one. There is a big difference being asked a question and being faced with potentially turning your world upside down for a cheap fling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There has to be a catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

randomrb wrote: »
    There is a theoretical world where no-strings attached sex exists but its not this one. There is a big difference being asked a question and being faced with potentially turning your world upside down for a cheap fling.

It’s what leads a lot of people to the door of AA. They wake up having done the dirt on their partner, and no recollection of how it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

If I tell someone I'll be faithful then I'll be faithful. I would have enough respect for my partner not to demean them like that. Even if they didn't know, I would know, and your word is your bond.

I would hold any potential other half to the same standard. Even a kiss with someone else would be game over, regardless of length of time of relationship.

If I were interested in sex with other people I would end the relationship and pursue that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

A man is only ever as faithful as his options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

A man is only ever as faithful as his options.

Speak for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I just couldn't do that to my husband, wife I love her so much and the thought of hurting her or breaking his trust would kill me. Even if she never found out I couldn't cuddle her with that on my mind, it would eat me up.

Mokuba wrote: »
    If I tell someone I'll be faithful then I'll be faithful. I would have enough respect for my partner not to demean them like that. Even if they didn't know, I would know, and your word is your bond.

I would hold any potential other half to the same standard. Even a kiss with someone else would be game over, regardless of length of time of relationship.

About sums it up for me.
    I wouldn't like them to do it to me, therefore I hope never to do it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Seems on the big side to me.
    Of all my friends in serious relationships or married there's only 1 that has admitted he would as we had this conversation in the pub recently and we wouldn't exactly be a bunch of choir boys.
    Any of the lads that have got wed get far more attention from women these days than they ever have before when single, we used to head over to Cheltenham for the races or Manchester for a game and they'd be scraping around at the end of the night trying to take any woman they could back to the hotel, now they've the wedding ring on the women are queueing up. What's the story there?
    I'm thinking of purchasing a ring for this purpose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

shakeitoff wrote: »

#youtoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Any of the lads that have got wed get far more attention from women these days than they ever have before when single, we used to head over to Cheltenham for the races or Manchester for a game and they'd be scraping around at the end of the night trying to take any woman they could back to the hotel, now they've the wedding ring on the women are queueing up. What's the story there?
    I'm thinking of purchasing a ring for this purpose :D

Can confirm. Never understood that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

I'd never cheat, I had a couple of opportunities while in my last relationship where girls were really flirty and getting very touchy and I got up and went to different pubs. It's as simple as this; if you wouldn't be okay with your partner doing it to you then you shouldn't do it to your partner. If you're capable of cheating then you shouldn't be in a relationship as you are a going to cause an inevitable disaster, stay single and sleep with whoever you want (but that's the thing, losers like this can't get laid consistently so they get in relationships just for regular sex and are opportunists when they get a chance with someone new. Dickheads)

People need to start placing more importance on their integrity, it really is imperative to be strong in this regard.

Advertisement