Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it true most men wouldn't turn down free sex?

Options

Comments

professore wrote: »
    Can confirm. Never understood that tbh.

"Good enough to get married? Good enough for me."

"Guaranteed to be only one night."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Never understood why a majority of men do not call time on the 'animals ruled by their penis/sex drive' portrayal of men which the sort of report referred to by the OP kind of implies.

I don't believe it's true, any more than the 'girls aren't as interested in sex as boys are' myth.

There is desire (lust, if you want to call it that) and there is self-control. Both men and women have both. Sometimes at the one time, amazingly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Seems on the big side to me.
    Of all my friends in serious relationships or married there's only 1 that has admitted he would as we had this conversation in the pub recently and we wouldn't exactly be a bunch of choir boys.
    Any of the lads that have got wed get far more attention from women these days than they ever have before when single, we used to head over to Cheltenham for the races or Manchester for a game and they'd be scraping around at the end of the night trying to take any woman they could back to the hotel, now they've the wedding ring on the women are queueing up. What's the story there?
    I'm thinking of purchasing a ring for this purpose :D

Can also confirm.
    At a certain age, they seem to look at a ring as some sort of validation record, that another of their kind has determined you're of some quality, worthy of further investigation.

No ring suggests you've taken it off and are a scut, or have failed several validation processes and are useless. Or a psycho.
    It's a signal to avoid.

Better bet though, is a puppy with a paw in a bandage (sheepdogs particulary suited).
    Pure gold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

spurious wrote: »
    Never understood why a majority of men do not call time on the 'animals ruled by their penis/sex drive' portrayal of men which the sort of report referred to by the OP kind of implie.

The majority of men bear scant resemblence to how they are portrayed by an increasingly hostile media. Personally I take an interest in this portrayal and the whole left wing feminist agenda however most men (and women) ignore it completely.

Candie wrote: »
    Warts are caused by a virus and most of the time the virus lies dormant in your system, it's not curable. Your best options are removal via a salicylic acid treatment or freezing and neither of those are guaranteed to be successful or may take repeated attempts to work. They sometimes disappear by themselves but I wouldn't waste any money on alternative remedies or healers, if any of those seem to have worked the likely explanation is coincidence, the wart went away by itself and the witch doctor got the credit.
    Dave0301 wrote: »
    I feel like something has gone missing between the OP and the first response :o

Oh my GOD! Not only the wrong thread, but also the wrong forum. :o

This is what happens when you don't sleep, folks.

Regarding the OP, some cheat, some don't. I wouldn't be able to look my chap in the eye again if I did the dirt on him, and it would eat me up from the inside out even if he never found out. Nothing is worth that.

• Advertisement

Regarding the OP, some cheat, some don't. I wouldn't be able to look my chap in the eye again if I did the dirt on him, and it would eat me up from the inside out even if he never found out. Nothing is worth that.

"Look your chap in the eye" ...."warts"..."eating you up"....
    Put me right off an affair

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Did you think you were in the witch doctor forum?:eek::eek:

"Look your chap in the eye" ...."warts"..."eating you up"....
    Put me right off an affair

Then my work here is done, Roger. Good to know I've played my part in keeping you on the straight and narrow. Or the gay and narrow, if applicable.

You're welcome. :pac:

Did you think you were in the witch doctor forum?:eek::eek:

That's a forum I'd follow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that a lot of you guys have told your girlfriends about Boards and your Usernames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Myself and most of my mates would all score birds on our golfing trips away or on stags. Part of the fun of a lads holiday. Never done my marriage any harm. What they don't know can't hurt them!

why leave a perfectly good bar to go and have sex with a woman?

sounds like an odd thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I shagged a women on my stag in the front seat of my car. She was not a stunner...

Did I feel guilty? No

It was very anonymous, didnt even know her name and nobody else knew or ever found out. It was in a different country and put it down to just some random craic on a boozy weekend away.

Not defending it. Meant absolutely zero. In fact I had clean forgotten about it until reading this thread. Couldn't pick her out of a line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I thought it might have been some threat to the OP about what would happen if they did the bold thing on their better half :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Load of nonsense. 80% of men are not complete assholés

I thought it might have been some threat to the OP about what would happen if they did the bold thing on their better half :pac:

A warty cautionary tale!

No, sadly it's just me being stupid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I shagged a women on my stag in the front seat of my car. She was not a stunner...

Did I feel guilty? No

It was very anonymous, didnt even know her name and nobody else knew or ever found out. It was in a different country and put it down to just some random craic on a boozy weekend away.

Not defending it. Meant absolutely zero. In fact I had clean forgotten about it until reading this thread. Couldn't pick her out of a line up.

Not trying to be a smart arse, but how did you find standing up in front of your family, friends (and your wife's) and committing to her?

No guilt? Or was it a case of fook it, I had my fun?

Also, was a boozy hookup with someone you don't think was that attractive worth the potential fall out if word ever got back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Myself and most of my mates would all score birds on our golfing trips away or on stags. Part of the fun of a lads holiday. Never done my marriage any harm. What they don't know can't hurt them!

Absolute scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Did I feel guilty? No

Cretin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Wouldn't be for me. My mind would already be fast forwarding to the 5 mins after the act to when I'd start thinking about what I had done to the wonderful person I go home to and the guilt would take over.

It wouldnt matter if she never knew about it - I would know, and knowing what i had done i wouldnt be able to carry on as if nothing had happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Did I feel guilty? No

You brought your own car to your own stag in a different country? Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Must have turned 2 pages at once... :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Arrival wrote: »
    Cretin

MOD Arrival, don't post in this thread again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Arrival wrote: »
    (but that's the thing, losers like this can't get laid consistently so they get in relationships just for regular sex and are opportunists when they get a chance with someone new. Dickheads)

This isn't necessarily true. The one guy I know who cheats on his wife regularly never had problems getting women. Sometimes two at a time. Any females that meet him inevitably say he's "lovely".

Not trying to be a smart arse, but how did you find standing up in front of your family, friends (and your wife's) and committing to her?

No guilt? Or was it a case of fook it, I had my fun?

Also, was a boozy hookup with someone you don't think was that attractive worth the potential fall out if word ever got back?

Genuinely never gave it a second thought. It was a 2 min drunken fumble in a car that I barely remember- I didnt give it a second thought afterwards. Was probably in her company from start to finish for about 2 hours.

There is little point analyzing such things after the event. It happened can't change it. Little point standing around beating myself up about it- what will that achieve.

Move on and forgot all about it.

You brought your own car to your own stag in a different country? Weird.

It was a rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It was a rental.

Fair enough. Hope you didn’t leave any stains on the seat. Those car rental fûckers would try anything to keep the deposit.

It was a rental.

Was she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less. "

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Heard this on the radio that if a husband/wife went for a lad's/gals trip abroad, were met by a stunner at a bar alone and could have an affair that no one would ever know about, around 30-40% of women would take the offer and 60-80% of men would.

Is this true? It's true in a biological sense men have less to lose from sex so I'm wondering if pregnancy and STD's were off the table for a married man along with the guarantee of secrecy, would nearly every one of them have a fling?
    Warts are caused by a virus and most of the time the virus lies dormant in your system, it's not curable. Your best options are removal via a salicylic acid treatment or freezing and neither of those are guaranteed to be successful or may take repeated attempts to work. They sometimes disappear by themselves but I wouldn't waste any money on alternative remedies or healers, if any of those seem to have worked the likely explanation is coincidence, the wart went away by itself and the witch doctor got the credit.

It's really not that hard to miss.
    But I guess we have rampant STD's because to a lot of people it apparently is.

Advertisement