Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Bit late to the party here tonight (watching on +1 here)
    +1 buddy!
    but the nonsense virtue-signalling on the Traveller Controversy (by Michael D in particular) is just painful and obvious. Agree with him or not, fair play to Casey standing by his statement/conviction.

... ex-buddy. Would you people ever give over with yer relentless reactionary blather? Virtue-signalling PC SJW OMG.

Casey's "conviction", indeed. His poorly thought-out rabble-rousing. With not a thought about ho to follow through on anything he's saying.

Vice-signalling, one might call it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

How many times has SG said "Youth affairs and community development"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Freeman gets her Pieta mention in, Gallagher gets his youth work mention, this is predictable as clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Michael D. is going to walk this Presidential election.

Does he even know where a duck's knees are ?

The visible joint is the ankle. Most bird's knees are hidden higher up.

I'll give him a pass on the anatomy faux pas. But the initial decision is an utter tactical disaster. Judoka he might be, Putin he's not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Gallagher is too wooden, it's obvious when he's reciting prerehearsed answers he has.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Gallagher is too wooden, it's obvious when he's reciting prerehearsed answers he has.

I don't understand why he even got as far as he did last time, never mind lurching on to this contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

opposed to wasting state funds, but RTE gave him a nice payout...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

So Gavin Duffy is a media trainer? And this is the best he can do in a debate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One things for sure, when the role contains no legislative powers worth speaking of, this whole debate becomes a vapid parade of posturing and rhetoric. Mixed with the obvious ignorance over what the actual role entails. The Carey traveller waffling shows this, alongside the pointless questions over Irish Water and the ilk. With no ability to fashion real change, you're left with empty populist nonsense that goes nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

So Gavin Duffy is a media trainer? And this is the best he can do in a debate

Well those who can do, those who can’t teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dinjo99

Never voted Sinn Féin in my life. Never will. Can’t forget the “baggage”.
    However, I thought Liadh Ní Riada was the clear winner of the debate tonight. I thought the other 5 were varying degrees of poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Michael D. is going to walk this Presidential election.

of course he is, yet the scumbag still is putting up needless election posters, most of which are against county council safety rules in my district. They have the pick of locations, none of the usual fighting over spots, yet the scumbag still cannot even stick to the rules in place for over 10 years.

Vile piece of work resorting to that.
    dinjo99 wrote: »
    , I thought Liadh Ní Riada was the clear winner of the debate tonight.
    she is even worse, absolutely no respect for public safety.Storms about and this reckless moron thinks it is OK to posters with 2 miserable cable ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,367 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Casey =3 didn't elaborate or offer any solutions, just restated his hate speech.
    Duffy = 3 innocuous but kinda nice again
    Freeman = 2 Wish I could give her more but she has little to offer
    Ni Riada = 6 handled herself well again, unphased by the stock 'war' questions and made Kenny look silly. Will play well with those sick and tired of the stock questions.
    Gallagher = 4 Stuck to script but had gloves laid on him by among other Ni Riada.
    Higgins = 7 Simply the best in the field. Didn't have any of the characteristics he is respected for and indeed, loved for undermined by any of them.

rubadub wrote: »
    of course he is, yet the scumbag still is putting up needless election posters, most of which are against county council safety rules in my district. They have the pick of locations, none of the usual fighting over spots, yet the scumbag still cannot even stick to the rules in place for over 10 years.

I don't want to question the fellah's work ethic, but I'm going to have to slightly question that he personally decided the location of some poster that's disproportionately annoyed you beyond sense, reason, or indeed basic civility.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He puts these posters up himself, does he? :rolleyes: "Scumbag", how juvenile.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

As multitalented as he is, I don't think he put them up himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Dragons will move on and make a mint.

she is even worse, absolutely no respect for public safety.Storms about and this reckless moron thinks it is OK to posters with 2 miserable cable ties.

Just in from the pub, perhaps? Or worse yet, from After Hours?

"reckless moron" is at least a slight improvement on the second version of this post, as it appeared when I hit "reply" a moment ago. (Nasty bit of gendered abuse, if anyone curious missed it.)

He puts these posters up himself, does he? :rolleyes:
    yeah, that is literally exactly what I meant :rolleyes: yourself

cop the fcuk on FFS.

These rules are in place for years, all the parties are informed and know about them. They have gotten loads of complaints in the past. I have reported it to the gardai, the council and them for years. They know exactly what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Should have done the Traveller thing on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Too soon.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    (Nasty bit of gendered abuse, if anyone curious missed it.)
    oh deary me, "gendered abuse" if I had said "dickhead" or "prick" I bet you would not have called it that, cringeworthy crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Did he really utter the words "I don't want to unseat Michael D" or did I just imagine that??

And completely unprompted no less. No tweet, no twoo, a twit,...........perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,367 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Did he really utter the words "I don't want to unseat Michael D" or did I just imagine that??

And completely unprompted no less. No tweet, no twoo, a twit,...........perhaps?

Yes he did.

Sean is coming across as the love child of Terry Prone and a robot.

He has clearly been taking heavy duty public speaking, decorum classes. And he is failing the exam!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭rovertom

I will love it if Casey has a copy of a letter of objection to a traveller camp signed by Michael D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Hurrache wrote: »
    As multitalented as he is, I don't think he put them up himself.

Might explain the low hanging ones tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still watching this on +1 and while it's better than the one the other night, Pat Kenny's seemingly personal bias on several of the issues raised is skewing the debate badly as he cuts off some answers, and badgers on others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Still watching this on +1 and while it's better than the one the other night, Pat Kenny's seemingly personal bias on several of the issues raised is skewing the debate badly as he cuts off some answers, and badgers on others.

He was always thus

oh deary me, "gendered abuse" if I had said "dickhead" or "prick" I bet you would not have called it that, cringeworthy crap.

Yeah, I might indeed have called it "cringeworthy crap", strong suggestion there.

You might have somehow failed to noticed my picking you up on the rest of your vitriolic nonsense. "Scumbag" and "vile piece of work" are ludicrously over-the-top, if you really want to me walk you through them slowly.

There could be a decent comedy sketch in this, though. The Potty-Mouthed District Tidiness Committee. Script would pretty much write itself, and if we got stuck for ideas, just cog straight from rubadub's posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

rovertom wrote: »
    I will love it if Casey has a copy of a letter of objection to a traveller camp signed by Michael D.

Carlsberg don't do elections....

Advertisement