Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Gallagher always comes across as dishonest to me. He has a lying face. He did not look Casey in the eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Michael D "Rights that they've been denied in access to education" - where, where in the last 20 years has a traveller ever been denied access to education by the government.

Due to a lack of supports for educational needs, there's a very high dropout rate. This is a recognised issue, you'll probably claim entirely different reasons for it though even though our educational authorities has recognised it.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/traveller-education-just-13-of-traveller-children-complete-second-level-education-425272.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There was lads in the phoenix park nearly choking on their biscuits when they heard Michael D say there is one near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

To be fair, there is no BS from Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

FIGHT!

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sparko

Total spoofers the lot of them (bar Peter) on the halting site question.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

"Like giving chocolate to a diabetic"
    - Thats a racist comment.

Casey is holding this down,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Macdarack wrote: »
    Fox behind left shoulder of freeman

I hope Duffy doesn't notice or he'll try murder it.

Michael D is so out of touch with reality.

Casey is winning this hands down.

Michael D might not be doing well but not a hope is Casey winning anything at all.

batgoat wrote: »
    Due to a lack of supports for educational needs, there's a very high dropout rate. This is a recognised issue, you'll probably claim entirely different reasons for it though even though our educational authorities has recognised it.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/traveller-education-just-13-of-traveller-children-complete-second-level-education-425272.html

are you saying traveller children are genetically incapable of learning at the same rate as a normal settled child ? or is it because of practices in the travellers own community that aren't conducive to educating a child ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I will be voting for the ones with the most traveler friends.:D

Pat addressing the elephant in the room from the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

So the Irish state was being racist right up until it gave them their very own ethnic status? I disagree.
    I don't recall saying that, so you're disagreeing with... yourself?

I think the Irish state was at the least remiss. There's been expert testimony for some time that they are an ethnic group, and a demand from them to get it. Clearly it was very politically unpopular in many quarters, hence it didn't happen.
    I recognise they are a community unto themselves within the broader more common Irish one, I do not believe it warrants them having their own status as an ethnic group.
    Why's it a matter of "warranting"? You disagree with the accepted academic criteria for determining what is and isn't an ethnic group? Or just reject them as not to your political liking?
    You're throwing in colour swatching and anecdotes from Galway. Now you've moved on from colour to the Irish getting treated badly when on foreign shores for being Irish in a foreign land.
    Le sigh. I haven't "moved on" at all. I'm still trying to hammer home the same point: that you're trying to cheese-pare definition of what is and isn't "racism". There's not a scientific notion of "race"; it's a sociological construct; thus, so is racism. There's not a qualitative difference between the experience of prejudice of Travellers in Ireland, and that of the Irish "in a foreign land", as you put it.
    FYI: Ethnicity is not about colour, nor race in some cases.
    For my information? That's a bit rich, as I've been trying explain that to you for several posts now. We're trying to determine why you think that Travellers can't be an ethnic group. Other than you badly don't want them to be. I can only infer it's because that shines a light on your negative attitude to them that you're uncomfortable with.
    Explain to me how my stance is prejudice?
    Would you give over.
    Pick one of those and stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I prefer Casey for his honesty, but the others are attacking each other to Higgins benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Pat K and Sean G clearly hate each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There was lads in the phoenix park nearly choking on their biscuits when they heard Michael D say there is one near him.

Dinsink lane is close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sean's trauma.... :rolleyes:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Gallagher is very underwhelming.

Yeah sean anything can happen in the last days in a campaign. haha.

CH3OH wrote: »
    I prefer Casey for his honesty, but the others are attacking each other to Higgins benefit

They should all focus on Higgins, he's getting rattled by everything mentioned to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Higgins is supreme to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

touts wrote: »
    Pat K and Sean G clearly hate each other.

Gallagher will sh1t himself if he sees Kenny going to read out a tweet :D

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pat addressing the elephant in the room from the last time.

I'm recording this on+1, and I'm already worrying whether I can stand The Plank endlessly -- endlessly! -- "addressing" things. He's altogether too fond of listening to himself, rather than his interlocutors.

Traumatic ? My arse was it. You were caught by a yorker bowled at you sean and instead of defending it like Don Bradman you got caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

24 minutes in and we're now bogged down the key issue of why they didn't all turn up to the last debate.

This is utterly pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Casey is a tall lad, is Higgins standing on a wheelie bin tonight?

Higgins is rattled, Caseys traveller comments are the biggest applause of the night.

Gallagher always comes across as dishonest to me. He has a lying face. He did not look Casey in the eyes.

I do think he's a spoofer, but let's not get too hung up on him not looking people in the eye -- he has a visual impairment, so odd-looking glances could easily be a function of that.

If the biggest issue with our politicians was that they changed their minds on standing for office we'd be alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,906 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

None of them can land anything approaching a knockout punch on Higgins. They are beginning to look like they are all harping on about a triviality tbh

Advertisement