Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

10% off on Moyee today if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭mossie

Tails142 wrote: »
    Dreambeans are doing four bags for price of three and you can use 15CLUB discount code too for further 15% off (if it's your "first" order)

Thanks for that. Got 4 bags delivered today all roasted on Tuesday. €27 in total.

A good James Hoffman series on buying coffee.

https://youtu.be/O9YnLFrM7Fs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

This looks like something special on WCC - Peruvian Cup of Excellence (they only have one sack in stock so will go fast). Would be on this if I hadn't just ordered 1.5kg from Good Bean!

10% code: ELVIS
    ... until Sunday 23:59

https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/perumacerated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

This looks like something special on WCC - Peruvian Cup of Excellence (they only have one sack in stock so will go fast). Would be on this if I hadn't just ordered 1.5kg from Good Bean!

10% code: ELVIS
    ... until Sunday 23:59

https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/perumacerated

€40 a kg, discount code brings it to €36

Is that a high end coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Esse85 wrote: »
    €40 a kg, discount code brings it to €36

Is that a high end coffee?

With WCC it usually is tbf.

---

Got some more Good Bean there. Can't bate it with that discount.

AOC will have to wait another fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

MAXFANTANA wrote: »

We should sticky this. Great resource for anyone looking to step up from preground supermarket coffee. He really makes consistently great content.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bigbooty wrote: »
    We should sticky this. Great resource for anyone looking to step up from preground supermarket coffee. He really makes consistently great content.

He has a dedicated reddit subforum now and posts on it himself. His stuff is informative, but the forum has gone the way of most of reddit and being a w@nky circle jerk of weirdness and slightly obsessive meme makers

Weepsie wrote: »
    He has a dedicated reddit subforum now and posts on it himself. His stuff is informative, but the forum has gone the way of most of reddit and being a w@nky circle jerk of weirdness and slightly obsessive meme makers

Did a certain Mr Hoffman turn you down? :pac: Dont think this forum is obsessed and If it is I haven't seen it. He is entertaining/informative and he makes speciality coffee more accessible. Can't speak for Reddit though. People that post obsessively on there are odd anyway and I don't think that is necessarily his fault. It's a great intro to buying better beans which is bloody overwhelming at first.

Just opened the ethiopian limu from Good Bean that arrived yesterday (roasted 2.5 weeks ago so not bad). Very nice - smooth and light. Could see myself going back to this given its price point. Looking forward to trying the blends next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I ordered over 2kg from the good bean and was left short 3 bags. E mailed them yesterday and got no answer. First time to use them,not a good start

Must say it's handy that I can get velo in Dunnes to tide me over while I await my imbibe order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

NATLOR wrote: »
    I ordered over 2kg from the good bean and was left short 3 bags. E mailed them yesterday and got no answer. First time to use them,not a good start

Try their Instagram. They’re fairly responsive on that. They’re also on Facebook

NATLOR wrote: »

I was left two bags short too - hopefully will hear back on Monday (I emailed them also)

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Try their Instagram. They’re fairly responsive on that. They’re also on Facebook

Thanks but don't do either of those

I was left two bags short too - hopefully will hear back on Monday (I emailed them also)

That's pretty poor from them I would have expected some communication to say they were short, will see what happens on Monday

Did a certain Mr Hoffman turn you down? :pac: Dont think this forum is obsessed and If it is I haven't seen it. He is entertaining/informative and he makes speciality coffee more accessible. Can't speak for Reddit though. People that post obsessively on there are odd anyway and I don't think that is necessarily his fault. It's a great intro to buying better beans which is bloody overwhelming at first.

It's nothing to do with him. There was an endless amount of **** posting after the bripe video and then endless amounts of aeropress begging posts too for ages rather than anything informative

Still better than the coffee subreddit which can be openly hostile

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's nothing to do with him. There was an endless amount of **** posting after the bripe video and then endless amounts of aeropress begging posts too for ages rather than anything informative

The espresso one is as bad. Any posts asking about starter setups are met with "bro you have to spend MINIMUM 2k or it's not worth your time".

The espresso one is as bad. Any posts asking about starter setups are met with "bro you have to spend MINIMUM 2k or it's not worth your time".

I saw a weird one on that forum where a fourteen year old was asking for feedback on his setup... He had a 300 euro plus manual grinder. :O I think the more global you go, the weirder the stuff you'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

MAXFANTANA wrote: »

he speaks sense , knows all there is to know about coffee but his voice i find very hard to listen to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Ordered from 3fe on Thursday, arrived today, 2 Bolivian blend, a Mexican and a Rwandan, opened Mexican straight away and loved it... Highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The good bean guy told me that the people missing bags should receive them Monday

Brainz wrote: »
    Ordered from 3fe on Thursday, arrived today, 2 Bolivian blend, a Mexican and a Rwandan, opened Mexican straight away and loved it... Highly recommend it

Never had a Bolivian or a Mexican - they look interesting!

Never had a Bolivian or a Mexican - they look interesting!

Had a Mexican that I got from reference/meet me in the morning last year. Bloody great so it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

Anam coffee here in the Burren is fantastic.

I've tried several of his coffees over the last year, all very good, but the 'Mustafa Mohammed Ali' Ethiopian he offered a little while ago was outstanding.

I don't really pay attention to his fans so I guess I never really noticed. The coffee subreddit is so bad. Haven't been in their in years after I posted how I preferred the cup from the ceramic over the plastic V60 which didn't go down well. Who gives people agro over something like that?

On a side note which is also probably an unpopular opinion but the aeropress is massively overrated. No idea why people were so desperate for him to do a brew guide.

Got the balance of my good bean order today so all good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I don't really pay attention to his fans so I guess I never really noticed. The coffee subreddit is so bad. Haven't been in their in years after I posted how I preferred the cup from the ceramic over the plastic V60 which didn't go down well. Who gives people agro over something like that?

On a side note which is also probably an unpopular opinion but the aeropress is massively overrated. No idea why people were so desperate for him to do a brew guide.

please don't take this as me being "agro" with you, but they are 2 fairly contrarian opinions that you hold, so they may get people's backs up a bit, especially on the internet where people are a bit more forceful (as you yourself seem to be :) )

please don't take this as me being "agro" with you, but they are 2 fairly contrarian opinions that you hold, so they may get people's backs up a bit, especially on the internet where people are a bit more forceful (as you yourself seem to be :) )

Not at all. Theres a difference between agro and discussion. I always appreciate the latter. My gripe with the aeropress is personal - badly burnt myself ;) a bad workman and all that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Anyone get the 25% off COLOMBIA NARINO Finca La Piedra from Art Of Coffee. 1kg is €44 , down to €33 with voucher. Anyone tried this bean?

https://artofcoffee.ie/product/colombia-narino-finca-la-piedra/?attribute_pa_ground-for=wholebean&attribute_pa_weight=1-kg&convert_to_sub_29783

Advertisement