Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Comments

mad m wrote: »
    Anyone get the 25% off COLOMBIA NARINO Finca La Piedra from Art Of Coffee. 1kg is €44 , down to €33 with voucher. Anyone tried this bean?

https://artofcoffee.ie/product/colombia-narino-finca-la-piedra/?attribute_pa_ground-for=wholebean&attribute_pa_weight=1-kg&convert_to_sub_29783

I got that email, how is it for espresso? The advert says filter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Yeah was wondering, Fusion out of stock!

mad m wrote: »
    Yeah was wondering, Fusion out of stock!

Dammit, I could do with ordering this week. I usually like to leave it sit for at least 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Badly fukt wrote: »
    I got that email, how is it for espresso? The advert says filter

Yes, hoping to try this in another couple of weeks. Delighted to see it's a light roast as I'm using filter. Coupon is good till June 14th I think so will hold off for a bit and use up what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I wasn't mad on the AOC fusion blend. Preferred their Lounge one. Have bought a few bags from them recently so going to try something different next time.

• Advertisement

AOC being out of Fusion gives me a chance to try something new so I've ordered this instead
    https://www.beanwestcoffee.com/store/p11/arabicaintenso.html#/
    Free shipping on over 25 means I can get 1kg delivered for 25 which is very reasonable, I'll buy more if I like it. I always ordered 2x 1kg on AOC to get free shipping

Badly fukt wrote: »
    AOC being out of Fusion gives me a chance to try something new so I've ordered this instead
    https://www.beanwestcoffee.com/store/p11/arabicaintenso.html#/
    Free shipping on over 25 means I can get 1kg delivered for 25 which is very reasonable, I'll buy more if I like it. I always ordered 2x 1kg on AOC to get free shipping

Have tried the Bean West Honduran and liked it - super fast service from them too. Roast is a bit dark for me so I'd say it would be even better for espresso.

Bean West coffee arrived at my door this morning by Fastway with a roast date of 21st may and a nice hand written thank you note. Brownie points awarded!

I'll not open the bag for a good few days I've half a bag of Fusion to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

that's smashing service!

I see Good Bean do a custom blend option! Nice :-)
    https://www.goodbeancoffees.com/products/custom-blend

Wasn't gone on the Cheeky Monkey but really enjoying the Deep & Meaningful blend as a filter (in fairness the cheeky monkey is an espresso blend)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I see Good Bean do a custom blend option! Nice :-)
    https://www.goodbeancoffees.com/products/custom-blend

Wasn't gone on the Cheeky Monkey but really enjoying the Deep & Meaningful blend as a filter (in fairness the cheeky monkey is an espresso blend)

What’s the difference? I’m not up on these coffee terms

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What’s the difference? I’m not up on these coffee terms

An espresso blend is designed for making espresso-based drinks and usually a darker roast - a medium roast is usually better for filter brewing like V60, French press, pour over etc.

An espresso blend is designed for making espresso-based drinks and usually a darker roast - a medium roast is usually better for filter brewing like V60, French press, pour over etc.

I assume espresso dark roast is stronger, ie caffeine wise?

To my knowledge the roasting process doesn't affect the caffeine level much, so a longer/darker roast wouldn't have more caffeine

actually it does, and it's the opposite - lighter roasts have more caffeine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Stronger flavour, slightly less caffeine than a light roast was my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

actually it does, and it's the opposite - lighter roasts have more caffeine

That's where I've been going wrong so :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Stronger flavour, slightly less caffeine than a light roast was my understanding.

Also though, Espresso will have have more caffeine per mg/ml of brewed liquid than a pour over. So if you're drink an espresso, it's most definitely going to be a bigger hit of caffeinne than a sipping a pour over for a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I tried some robusta beans recently. An espresso made with them and I was wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

cnocbui wrote: »
    I tried some robusta beans recently. An espresso made with them and I was wired.

You definitely should stay away from a drugs then :)

• Advertisement

going to order a couple of bags from Wild Heart Coffee

This Rwandan and this Ethiopian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Big discount at the good bean on all stock
    Discount code “20%off!”

www.goodbeancoffee.ie

Still working today and got free postage. The Guatemalan is lovely, threw in a bag of decaf too to try it.

Still working today and got free postage. The Guatemalan is lovely, threw in a bag of decaf too to try it.

I concur on the guatamalan. Didn't like the cheeky monkey blend so much.

Weepsie wrote: »
    I concur on the guatamalan. Didn't like the cheeky monkey blend so much.

I was the same on the cheeky monkey - threw out the last bit of it. The guatamalan was good (and the deep and meaningful blend was much nicer than the cheeky monkey for me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I was the same on the cheeky monkey - threw out the last bit of it. The guatamalan was good (and the deep and meaningful blend was much nicer than the cheeky monkey for me!)

In a similar boat. The first lot of cheeky monkey was nice. This seems different. I'll muddle through. Then back to AOC.

I’m too lazy to scroll back. Filter or dark roast, which one is higher caffeine?

Lighter roast has a higher amount marginally.

But filter also has more than an espresso, but the espresso is a higher concentration per mg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I’m too lazy to scroll back. Filter or dark roast, which one is higher caffeine?

Wrong question.

Dark or light? Light I believe

Filter or press or espresso? Dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Just got my delivery from Dream beans yesterday, 3 bags of Jaggy Loko and 2 of Sweet Sorrento. Delivered for 32€ with the money off deal they have on.

Jaggy Loko is lovely and v easy to dial in for espresso. Nicer than the Coffee Angel Forsa Gala that I'd had for the past month and a good bit cheaper.

Excellent customer service too, they rang me after Fastway had failed to deliver twice to me.

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the Colombian direct trade from Art of Coffee? It's pricey but the discount code (expires June 14th) is tempting me - plus it's roasted for filter:

https://artofcoffee.ie/product/colombia-narino-finca-la-piedra/

Advertisement