Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Anything particularly good, or any deals going, from the Irish roasters at the minute?

Just finished since lovely natural Honduran from Bailies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Tails142

Dreambeans are doing four bags for price of three and you can use 15CLUB discount code too for further 15% off (if it's your "first" order)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

G rock wrote: »
    Anything particularly good, or any deals going, from the Irish roasters at the minute?

Just finished since lovely natural Honduran from Bailies.

The good bean have very reasonable prices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

20% off the new WCC bean, Kewo, until midnight tonight:
    Twenty % code: KEWO
    .. until 23:59 Sunday.

ETHIOPIA 🇪🇹
    KEWO - G1

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Thanks for the suggestions.

Went with the WCC, along with a bag of the Ugandan.

Both sound right up my street

• Advertisement

G rock wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Went with the WCC, along with a bag of the Ugandan.

Both sound right up my street

Rule of the coffee forum: if you use a discount code that somebody posts or a tip, you need to report back on how the coffee was :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭piplip87

Hey guys, recently bought a cheap and cheerful Swan espresso machine from lidl. I bought the grinder but haven't the foggiest idea where to start coffee wise.

Can anybody recommend something strong to give a lad a good wake up in the morning. Now I would be adding a wee bit of foamy milk to the top of it. Have tried a COSTA pre grinded pack, a few of the Marley Coffee company beans but nothing really hitting the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭VM Varga

West Cork Coffee - 20% off their latest bean - good offer! https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/josue

20% code; Morales
    .. until 23;59 Sunday

GUATEMALA
    JOSUÉ MORALES

VILLA SARCHI
    1500 masl

Thanks. Really enjoying it in the Delonghi Esam.

VM Varga wrote: »
    Thanks. Really enjoying it in the Delonghi Esam.

They often do codes on Sundays on Instagram so keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

piplip87 wrote: »
    Hey guys, recently bought a cheap and cheerful Swan espresso machine from lidl. I bought the grinder but haven't the foggiest idea where to start coffee wise.

Can anybody recommend something strong to give a lad a good wake up in the morning. Now I would be adding a wee bit of foamy milk to the top of it. Have tried a COSTA pre grinded pack, a few of the Marley Coffee company beans but nothing really hitting the spot.

I keep going back to The Art of Coffee. Fusion blend.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    I keep going back to The Art of Coffee. Fusion blend.

Yep, exactly the same. I try others to mix it up but always go back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I am running Formation blend from cloudpicker right now - very good in milk based in my opinion.

Big discount at the good bean on all stock
    Discount code “20%off!”

www.goodbeancoffee.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Discount code “20%off!”

www.goodbeancoffee.ie

I've tried that code and a couple of other permutations with no success?

I’ll ask them. One sec

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Discount code “20%off!”

www.goodbeancoffee.ie

Great offer thanks - just ordered a few bags! Pity they don't do the decaf online.

Code worked for me - just take the quotes off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Worked for me. Running low, so good timing.

I've tried 20%off!
    20%off
    20%OFF
    And 20% off
    No joy!
    I was buying 1 920g bag and qualified for free shipping, thought maybe I'd need to buy 2 for free shipping and discount but no joy! I guess it ain't to be !!

if you're using an entry-level machine and more importantly same with grinder it's more than a bit of a waste buying the freshest of the freshly roasted beans as you're just not going to be getting anywhere near the most out of them, ESPECIALLY in espresso grind, particularly more subtle blends

decent espresso grinders cost a bit (few hundred for a reasonable one) and go into the thousands for really good ones.

similar for an entry-level espresso machine

by all means go ahead but try also these sort of beans (buy min 4 kg for postage efficiency) to compare - they are good and hugely cheaper and work better in lower-end hardware

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07W59G4PV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07CGXZMT3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and / or try https://www.discountcoffee.ie/coffee/coffee-beans/sample-beans

samples

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Great offer thanks - just ordered a few bags! Pity they don't do the decaf online.

Code worked for me - just take the quotes off.

Cant get free shipping if I use the code....

• Advertisement

They’re on Instagram too if you’d like to contact them directly. They’re very helpful

Ok the decaf should be available shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Not working for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

It worked for me but that then deactivated the free shipping (had two bags in cart). Either it’s an unintended error or a case of “giveth with one hand...” 🙂

It worked for me but that then deactivated the free shipping (had two bags in cart). Either it’s an unintended error or a case of “giveth with one hand...” 🙂

I doubt it. Contact them on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I am running Formation blend from cloudpicker right now - very good in milk based in my opinion.

Not affiliated with Cloud Picker but the Formation blend is making the nicest Cappuccinos I have had from my SAGE BE.

19.5g Dose, 39g out (The BE has an 18g basket for reference). Easy dial in.

The missus is not a coffee fan but has enjoyed a few with this blend, great chocolate/caramel flavour.

I collect from Roastery in Crumlin (Roast date within last 2 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I've tried 20%off!
    20%off
    20%OFF
    And 20% off
    No joy!
    I was buying 1 920g bag and qualified for free shipping, thought maybe I'd need to buy 2 for free shipping and discount but no joy! I guess it ain't to be !!

You are missing the exclamation mark I made the same mistake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I had free shipping offered with the code.

NATLOR wrote: »
    You are missing the exclamation mark I made the same mistake

The first attempt I made had the ! , I tried it again now succesfully thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

anyone get the Imbibe email this month? The Ethiopian in particular sounds very intriguing

Coffee club got delivered Monday, roast date of the 14th so cracked open the Ethiopian today.

It's bloody fantastic. Nicer than some of the gesha's I've gotten off them before.

Advertisement