Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford developments

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tells me someone was bored and decided to be creative and ask us. Maybe that person was looking at the previous attempts to create a front end for Waterford's image as a place to do business and saw they'd failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I found one of the questions incredibly bizarre. It was like describe Waterford like you would describe a friend? Friendly? Intelligent, a mad bastard who loves cans?

Ray Griffin strategy guru at WIT was on Deise Today yesterday, well worth a listen. Click the link for part 2 of July 2nd show he is at the start after the ad and a few listener comments. Lot's of good points highlighted.

https://twitter.com/maryroche/status/1278843621886828546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Ray Griffin strategy guru at WIT was on Deise Today yesterday, well worth a listen. Click the link for part 2 of July 2nd show he is at the start after the ad and a few listener comments. Lot's of good points highlighted.

https://twitter.com/maryroche/status/1278843621886828546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It's quite obvious that Ray either posts in this forum or reads its contents closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭azimuth17

hardybuck wrote: »
    It's quite obvious that Ray either posts in this forum or reads its contents closely.

Sanest commentary on Waterford that I have read /heard recently and an antidote to the silly comments and the patent trolling from other areas that one constantly finds on the Waterford city forum threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭hardybuck

azimuth17 wrote: »
    Sanest commentary on Waterford that I have read /heard recently and an antidote to the silly comments and the patent trolling from other areas that one constantly finds on the Waterford city forum threads.

Straight question - is it you?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭azimuth17

hardybuck wrote: »
    Straight question - is it you?[/QUOTE

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

any news as to what is going on with Katie Reilleys pub-seems a bit of work is going on at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

niallo76 wrote: »
    any news as to what is going on with Katie Reilleys pub-seems a bit of work is going on at the moment??

Maybe I’m wrong but I think ray admitted to being here in the WIT thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

niallo76 wrote: »

Applicant Name: Walsh & Sheehan Investments Ltd.,

Description change of use of existing public house to 8 no. dwelling units accessed from Barrack Street and Convent Hill and consisting of: 2 x 1 bed ground floor studio apartments, 1x1 bed apartments at 1st and 2nd floors, together with 4 x 1 bed dormer terraced houses, and all associated site development works

Location former "Ryan's Pub" 16 Barrack Street/Convent Hill Waterford

Decision Granted
    Decision Date 17/10/2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

Is Katie Reillys not on the Tramore Road ? Used to be called The Halfway House I think.

Katie Reilly's Kitchen indeed! Old haunt of mine back when they had loads of great music acts there.

It was auctioned off in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

beazee wrote: »
    Applicant Name: Walsh & Sheehan Investments Ltd.,

Description change of use of existing public house to 8 no. dwelling units accessed from Barrack Street and Convent Hill and consisting of: 2 x 1 bed ground floor studio apartments, 1x1 bed apartments at 1st and 2nd floors, together with 4 x 1 bed dormer terraced houses, and all associated site development works

Location former "Ryan's Pub" 16 Barrack Street/Convent Hill Waterford

Decision Granted
    Decision Date 17/10/2019

Wrong pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Katie Reilly's Kitchen

No recent planning application for the area
    https://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/departments/planning/planning-enquiries/online-planning-enquiries.htm

Waterford area development plan consultation paper for your submission

https://consult.waterfordcouncil.ie/en/browse

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Muttley79

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hong-kong-security-law-officials-discussed-six-sites-for-autonomous-city-in-ireland-5566xs8jl?shareToken=3459f6fb4dcb18e8f60115f4b9a9ad08
    Time to throw the dice and see what number it lands on.a plot outside of Waterford is considered for a new city of up to 50k people mainly from Hong kong which could grow to 500k in twenty years.they are looking at one of the cities outside of Dublin with national framework 2040.this would be massive for the south east if we got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Muttley79 wrote: »
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hong-kong-security-law-officials-discussed-six-sites-for-autonomous-city-in-ireland-5566xs8jl?shareToken=3459f6fb4dcb18e8f60115f4b9a9ad08
    Time to throw the dice and see what number it lands on.a plot outside of Waterford is considered for a new city of up to 50k people mainly from Hong kong which could grow to 500k in twenty years.they are looking at one of the cities outside of Dublin with national framework 2040.this would be massive for the south east if we got it.
    It states the city would have a “free reforming economic system” within Ireland; an independent relationship with the EU; control of its own borders; a low and simple taxation system; no foreign exchange control; and an emphasis on “ease of setting up and conducting businesses”.

A city state within Ireland?
    What a sick joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Expect planning objections from Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

The existing town would be become the tourist zone. The Quay the ancient fishing village. Waterford Harbour becomes Kowloon Bay.

If they did ever pick Waterford we could sacrifice portlaw to our new Hong Kong overlords

• Advertisement

A city state is a better deal than what we are getting from Ireland PLC.

A city state is a better deal than what we are getting from Ireland PLC.

It's amazing that a businessman from Hong Kong has more vision for Ireland and possibly Waterford than any of our representatives all put together have for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Probably as likely to happen as the similar plan from several years back up the midlands or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭spaceCreated

Probably as likely to happen as the similar plan for 24/7 cardiac care or the university status for WIT from several years back in the recession or boom or last year or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

Reminds me of when the Swiss planned on Making a colony here many moons ago

http://padraigrooney.com/blog/?p=1326

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

We're doing that now, except instead of city of God it'll be city of Mohammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Bards wrote: »
    Reminds me of when the Swiss planned on Making a colony here many moons ago

http://padraigrooney.com/blog/?p=1326

Thanks for that link.
    I had just assumed that Geneva Barracks was purpose built by the English.

It is many years now since I paid it a visit. I expect it is now only ruins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

New sports bar mooted for railway square or a mexican food place ,taking shape nicely, something to do with the American vulture fund crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Hoffmans wrote: »
    New sports bar mooted for railway square or a mexican food place ,taking shape nicely, something to do with the American vulture fund crowd...

Pinks opening next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Hoffmans wrote: »

Yeah I thought we were getting a Mexican restaurant, was quite excited tbh. Looks like what they have planned is .. something else. Beer towers, multiple sports screens, tequila shots etc. Sounds tacky as hell and as Mexican as Ballyhaunis. Think I'll pass.

Advertisement