Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Got Sackboy on a bit of a whim after building up some CEX store credit. Absolutely loving it so far. Not the most challenging but just a really fun platformer, lots of ideas from others, but mixed together really well and gives decent variety to different levels. And the music is fantastic, actual tracks of what I'd call funky-dance music, blends into the levels beautifully at times. Just finished a level to David Bowie's Let's Dance, smiling and bopping my head throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Spent about an hour with Guilty Gear Rev 2 earlier.

It’s an absolutely crackin fighting game.

It’s €1 on sale at the moment on psn.

Highly highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

KH25 wrote: »
    Finished Uncharted 4 today. I played the original trilogy years ago but never got around to 4. Really enjoyed it.

I'm getting stuck into it now as well and loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got the plat in Ghost of Tsushima. Enjoyed getting back into it, the combat is still great and the world looks amazing. Had to Google to find the last side mission though, there are a few that don't show up as ?'s when you liberate the area like everything else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Got Sackboy on a bit of a whim after building up some CEX store credit. Absolutely loving it so far. Not the most challenging but just a really fun platformer, lots of ideas from others, but mixed together really well and gives decent variety to different levels. And the music is fantastic, actual tracks of what I'd call funky-dance music, blends into the levels beautifully at times. Just finished a level to David Bowie's Let's Dance, smiling and bopping my head throughout

Does it take long to start / get into? Looking to try the co op but she's not a gamer at all so if it takes a while to get started I think she'll lose interest pretty quickly, torn between sackboy and it takes two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Kremin wrote: »
    Does it take long to start / get into? Looking to try the co op but she's not a gamer at all so if it takes a while to get started I think she'll lose interest pretty quickly, torn between sackboy and it takes two

Yeah, Sackboy is relatively easy to pick up and play. Has more depth the further you get into it with collectibles, trophies etc, but that just adds to replay value, doesn't overcomplicate.

Not played it takes two tho to compare

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Bought DayZ standlone recently for PS4 just to play with friends online.

Only played community servers so far but man the amount you have to eat and drink in the game is overdone and pretty unrealistic and just makes the game too frustrating.

Spending hours just to find your friends is a lot to invest into a game also!

It's down to either 17 or 18 quid in Argos for physical if someone is masochistic enough to want to give it a go! :P

I have TheHunter: Call Of The Wild on the way next and after playing it using shareplay today it's pretty chilled and enjoyable.
    Definitely worth getting for people that love lush environments and nature (even though you have to kill the animals, something I don't condone in real life!)
    The game seems pretty deep too and you have to be careful stalking your prey.
    I managed to get few kills in though and Im not the stealthiest player.

It supports upto 8 players in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    'bout time I get into The Last of Us Part 2... need to get a quick refresher of the prev story on the interwebs first I reckon
    Joel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lcomps

Just gave up on AC Valhalla. Played about 40 hours and while it had ok moments it just isn't very good imo.

Should have bought Demon Souls I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Just finished ff7 remake. Never played the original. I enjoyed it and will play the next game. But man is the game padded out with some crap. Garbage side quests, slow walking or just rinse and repeat areas. If this was just condensed down into like a 15 hour or 20 hour game it would have been massively better. Although I guess they needed that padding to justify splitting it out into three parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Just finished ff7 remake. Never played the original. I enjoyed it and will play the next game. But man is the game padded out with some crap. Garbage side quests, slow walking or just rinse and repeat areas. If this was just condensed down into like a 15 hour or 20 hour game it would have been massively better. Although I guess they needed that padding to justify splitting it out into three parts.

Couldn’t agree more on the remake. The original Final Fantasy VII is the best game ever made in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

CrazyFish wrote: »

There was a lot of unnecessary nonsense thrown into that game. The
    cross-dressing
    chapter was especially way too long. It did not need to go on at the length it did. I enjoyed it but man I don't know if I'd go back to that particular instalment.

I'm looking forward to the next one, but I will not be going back to that chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sidford

Lcomps wrote: »
    Just gave up on AC Valhalla. Played about 40 hours and while it had ok moments it just isn't very good imo.

Should have bought Demon Souls I think.

Same as myself. Got about 50 hours into it and was well over powered for where I was and didn't fancy another 30 hours grind to finish it.

Just started ghost of Tsushima, very impressive visually. Many on here play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Highly highly suggest It Takes Two for anyone looking for a good co-op game especially if the other half isn't that into games, so fun and addicting, puzzles are just hard enough that it's not boring but not too hard that you'll just give up after a few tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

been in that game funk - nothing massive taking my fancy and waiting for the assassin creed ireland dlc. I've opted to give batman arkham city a go, i was looking for middle earth style so it's satisfying the itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

ronano wrote: »
    been in that game funk - nothing massive taking my fancy and waiting for the assassin creed ireland dlc. I've opted to give batman arkham city a go, i was looking for middle earth style so it's satisfying the itch.

Middle earth wishes it was Arkham! Love the Arkham games, first time I genuinely felt like a hero in a game (a hero that messes people up for life, but doesn't kill them somehow!).

Picked up Dirt 5 and not sure on it. It's the first racing game in a long time that I've upped the difficulty of the AI and took off all driving aids, and it's still enjoyable. Until I got to those 2 races with the buggy and digger scoop like wheels with only 3 gears. Did not enjoy them and nearly stopped me playing it.

Surprised at the lack of cars tbh, thought there would be a lot more. Only 1 Evo in a rally game?! Da fuk? But, it's got the fun that to me has been missing in arcade rally games since the V-Rally days. But I can also see it leans a lot on online MP and usually the SP takes a hit. I'm already on expert (the level above I would usually play racing games on) and it's still very easy for most of the races. Once in front, unless you really mess up, it's hard to lose. I'll up it more if I can and see how I get on. Stunning looking game too, but those announcers... ugh. Why do they have to be shoehorned into every EA? Nobody liked them in any of your previous games. Stop putting them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Kremin wrote: »

Ive played this with herself a good bit and she loves it.
    It would be one of the easier games we play, but it's challenging in certain places.
    If you played little big planet games plays similar but maybe easier.

Now she did amazing in Rayman legends, she plays overcooked 1&2 and sits down with the Lego games.
    But can be found playing housemarque games also so just so you know her level off sitting down for couch co-op.

It takes two is on the list to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Picked up Project Cars 3 in the sale. For £20 you can go too far wrong and I've been craving a racing game for a while now so perfect timing really. Will help me ease out of Persona 5 Strikers when I hopefully finish it later this week.

Played the original Destruction Derby last night just as a trip to Nostalgia Land. I love the car physics (I believe they utilised the same physics when they were developing Driver) but my god the game is... not particularly easy, at least on the Destruction Derby mode itself.

It got me in the mood to see if there were any other crashy games and I forgot I have Wreckfest on PS Now and I also own this rather old PC game, physically (Sold-Out copy lol) called Crashday. I remember my PC at the time struggling to run it, but I'm gonna give Wreckfest another go today and see how long I last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Played the original Destruction Derby last night just as a trip to Nostalgia Land. I love the car physics (I believe they utilised the same physics when they were developing Driver) but my god the game is... not particularly easy, at least on the Destruction Derby mode itself.

It got me in the mood to see if there were any other crashy games and I forgot I have Wreckfest on PS Now and I also own this rather old PC game, physically (Sold-Out copy lol) called Crashday. I remember my PC at the time struggling to run it, but I'm gonna give Wreckfest another go today and see how long I last.

Driven to destruction on PS2 was a really fun game too, id recommend it if you haven't played it. Really fun multiplayer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Bought Dead Rising 4 on sale, bought it on a whim to see what its like (really enjoyed 1 and 2) and its really fun, really enjoying it and putting alot more time into it than i expected.

Wreckfest is basically modern Destruction Derby. Excellent game, but needed a lot of content updates, and they haven't come unfortunately. Once you finish the career mode, there's nothing else to do if you don't want to race online.

Oh, and they also have Pay to Win cars. One of the cars you can buy online just dominates everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

PES Lite. Maybe nostalgia for the old versions has kicked in but there's no fun in the modern games any more for me. Back in the day I could play this for a few hours but barely have the enthusiasm to play more than two games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭KH25

Took advantage of the free games on PSN and got Ratchet and Clank, Abzu, Journey, subnautica, and the witness. Ratchet and clank was great fun and Abzu was really enjoyable. I gave Journey a go but just can’t seem to get into it.

For a change of pace I’m now playing Doom 2016 via PlayStation Now.

Subnautica is an excellent game even though I still haven't finished it. Great atmosphere. And like yourself, didn't like Journey. I finished it, but was happy it didn't cost me money. R&C is excellent, gonna play through it again shortly before the new one comes out, and with the 60fps update it should be even better. Couldn't get into Doom though, tried 3 times now and just stop after a few levels.

Plugging away at Dirt 5. The normal rally car based events are good, but everything else is meh. Sprint cars are crap and no fun. The rock climbers require an outside view because you can't see anything from inside. The AI is poor, and every one of them have a perfect driving line (which makes the Sprint races a pain). Does make a change that a racing game doesn't have catch up though, that's nice. Not a fan of the Gymkhana races either, too small but maybe they open up a bit later on. All in all, not enough rally and associated cars. I know Dirt Rally does all that, but that's too hard for a casual racer like myself. Dirt Rally game with Dirt 5 arcade controls, that's what I want.

Wreckfest is basically modern Destruction Derby. Excellent game, but needed a lot of content updates, and they haven't come unfortunately. Once you finish the career mode, there's nothing else to do if you don't want to race online.

Oh, and they also have Pay to Win cars. One of the cars you can buy online just dominates everything else.

Ah I wouldn't be interested in playing it online really. Playing through career mode and putting it down after that would suit me. I played a bit of it yesterday.

Grabbed Days Gone (free Plus game this month). Really enjoying it so far. Haven't played a big-budget game since RE3 at the start of the year so it's nice to take a break from playing older games and just enjoy something more modern for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Grabbed Days Gone (free Plus game this month). Really enjoying it so far. Haven't played a big-budget game since RE3 at the start of the year so it's nice to take a break from playing older games and just enjoy something more modern for a while.

If you are getting a PS5 anytime soon ye might consider waiting and playing it at 60 FPS

Markitron wrote: »
    If you are getting a PS5 anytime soon ye might consider waiting and playing it at 60 FPS

Nah I wouldn't care for that kind of thing. I will be getting a PS5 but not any time soon. Looks just fine in 30fps for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Sidford wrote: »
    Same as myself. Got about 50 hours into it and was well over powered for where I was and didn't fancy another 30 hours grind to finish it.

Just started ghost of Tsushima, very impressive visually. Many on here play it?

I've put in 40 hours so far and can't stop playing during the evenings :). Planning jump to legends mode and play some co-op once I finish the main story. Give a shout if you plan the same as it would be nice to play with some committed people, but from what I've read GoT community is really good (not much of toxic behaviour). It could be a nice experience after playing Uncharted 4 multi which is super hard for newbies.

Advertisement