Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Started Bugsnax just cause I fancied a change!!
    What an odd little game.
    However following the story Im wondering if these little monsters are really up to no good!

As for the Last of Us, I guess I was so invested in the story I loved it, it was a struggle at mid point. But after figuring out the next part and how it played different I was happy to continue, to play a different journey was an interesting take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Playing Bioshock Infinite and Little Nightmares at the moment, just finished Dead Rising 4 and Streets of Rage 4...both really fun and "turn your brain off" games

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Only picked up a PS4 recently but I am blown away by Horizon Zero Dawn. Brilliant game, love the world-building, happy to put up with the cut scenes which I normally find to be the bane of AAA games.

Is the new one going to be PS5 exclusive, or are they doing cross-generational for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cross-gen but they're saying it's being made for PS5 first with the PS4 version basically being a downgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Cross-gen but they're saying it's being made for PS5 first with the PS4 version basically being a downgrade

I'm hoping this means a 60 fps mode for PS5, I can't go back to 30 fps anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Xofpod

CastorTroy wrote: »

Great stuff. Got to finish the first one first, and the backlog of other games I've picked up on the cheap, but I'm already looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Xofpod wrote: »
    Is the new one going to be PS5 exclusive, or are they doing cross-generational for a while?

I would say it is just the initial batch, Horizon would probably be the last big one.

Not even the initial batch. Ratchet & Clank is PS5 exclusive, isn't it? Then we had Demon's Souls.
    So not sure how they're deciding. Maybe if using the same game engine as its predecessor like Miles did for Spider-Man and likely Horizon is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Looking for a good strategy game to play online. Anyone familiar with 'Sudden Strike 4'? It looks like a kind of Command and Conquer style but hoping there's more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Replaying The Last of Us Part 2. Much better in buttery smooth 60fps with the new PS5 patch.

• Advertisement

If GOW Ragnarok is coming out this year there's no way it won't be cross gen.

They said it'll be cross gen as well.

Of course plans can change.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Just started Life is Stange.
    1st episode is free atm.
    Didn't think it would be my kind of thing but really enjoying the change of pace and storyline.
    Got final 4 episodes for around E 3.50 on the playstation store !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Playing Marvel's Avengers as it's on PS Now. It's decent (albeit a bit repetive) enough. Wouldn't be a game I'd pay money for but it's good for PS Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just started Life is Stange.
    1st episode is free atm.
    Didn't think it would be my kind of thing but really enjoying the change of pace and storyline.
    Got final 4 episodes for around E 3.50 on the playstation store !

Also started this the other night, played first 2 episodes so far. Think it's a really beautiful game, not necessarily in graphics, but the story, tone, atmosphere and music are put together so well. The prequel, Before the Storm is on sale at the moment too for about a fiver, gonna pick that up before sale ends tomorrow

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Also started this the other night, played first 2 episodes so far. Think it's a really beautiful game, not necessarily in graphics, but the story, tone, atmosphere and music are put together so well. The prequel, Before the Storm is on sale at the moment too for about a fiver, gonna pick that up before sale ends tomorrow

I thought Before the Storm was really good as well. Looks like only the Deluxe edition contains the bonus episode

Unless the plan is to make less money I can't see how.
    Even if it gets delayed to 2022 there will still be far too many people without a PS5. Being a PS5 exclusive would definitely drive the sales for the PS5 but people can't seem to get one through no fault of their own.

I'm thinking if they have to sacrifice too much to get it to run on the PS4, they may change plans. But if it's the same engine they should be okay. And it's not like Cyberpunk where it was cross platform as well as cross gen

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Finished Control last night. What a game! I got left with so many questions but that's part of the experience ;).

PS. What's left is to listen to Take Control and Sankarin Tango on repeat today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    Replaying The Last of Us Part 2. Much better in buttery smooth 60fps with the new PS5 patch.

Haven't played it since release so might give it another spin once I finish RE8.

Switching Between Doom eternal and Battlefield V with witcher 3 also ready to go.

Just finished Bioshock and Little Nightmares....wasnt a huge fan of both, then again they were included with PS Now so not complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

Witcher 3 is just phenomenal. I've been stretching it out enjoying it for the past few weeks. Very excited for the expansions too.

Tried Persona 5 for a laugh, really isn't my style. Anybody enjoy that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Witcher 3 is just phenomenal. I've been stretching it out enjoying it for the past few weeks. Very excited for the expansions too.

I loved the Witcher 3. The expansions are very good as well. There is a new map in one of them and it looks great. I convinced my wife to watch the Netflix show as well, just on Ep 4 now. It is good.

Tried Persona 5 for a laugh, really isn't my style. Anybody enjoy that one?

I've been putting off buying Witcher for years now at this point. Picked it up for 5.99 in the last PSN sale so im gonna finally give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

bmorrissey wrote: »
    I've been putting off buying Witcher for years now at this point. Picked it up for 5.99 in the last PSN sale so im gonna finally give it a shot

It's unbelievable value, I got the GOTY edition for €10 and I feel like I've robbed CDPR.

NMS VR on PS5

Advertisement