Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭klose

I assume oddworld souldstorm isn't just a buggy mess for me? Cant interact with anything at the moment in the first mine shift level so I'm stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thoroughly absorbed by subnautica, oddworld hasn't got a look in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

duploelabs wrote: »
    Thoroughly absorbed by subnautica, oddworld hasn't got a look in

More people need to play this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭brady12

Just finished Ratchet and Clank ( my first one ) . What a game . Can't wait for rift apart now . Might try and play one the older ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just finished a second playthrough of Mass Effect Andromeda and cleaning up the last trophy which is a bit of a grind but thankfully not one that involves much effort from myself. It involves sending out strike teams to complete missions and it's on EA servers so all missions are in real time.

Also reinstalled Days Gone to give it another go after getting fed up with it within the first few hours.

Days Gone has a very slow start, mostly due to its survival-lite design which becomes a non-factor after about 5 or 6 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Avengers on PSNow.
    Expected far worse from the way reviews were going.
    Of course it's far from perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Started on Infamous Second Son, runs incredibly smooth, didn't realise beforehand but received a ps5 boost update and it shows. Gameplay feels like a mix of Spidey and Control, and loved both of them.

Also chucked on Trover on VR, definitely the funniest game I can remember playing (from makers of Rick n Morty, same humour) but also a very good platformer which suits VR, quite similar in gameplay style to Astrobot

It's not that its beginning is slow. It's that it aggressively wastes your time by having you drive up and down the map forcing you to do stuff that really should be side activities, and you can tell that it is going to get really repetitive, really fast. As an open world its structure is just weird.

I would define that as a slow beginning so I completely agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Started on Infamous Second Son, runs incredibly smooth, didn't realise beforehand but received a ps5 boost update and it shows. Gameplay feels like a mix of Spidey and Control, and loved both of them.

Also chucked on Trover on VR, definitely the funniest game I can remember playing (from makers of Rick n Morty, same humour) but also a very good platformer which suits VR, quite similar in gameplay style to Astrobot

This is great news I didnt know :D

Trover and Accounting Plus are very funny, if your into Rick and Morty!

coolisin wrote: »
    This is great news I didnt know :D

Yea that was always a weird one, framerate was unlocked so it ran at about 40 fps on PS4.

• Advertisement

Might have to give Second Son another go. I didn't really like it when it released, thought it was too far a step away from the first 2 games, kinda like going from Watch_Dogs to Watch_Dogs 2. I didn't like the change. But I'll give it another go to see what it plays like now, and First Light is supposed to be good.

Might have to give Second Son another go. I didn't really like it when it released, thought it was too far a step away from the first 2 games, kinda like going from Watch_Dogs to Watch_Dogs 2. I didn't like the change. But I'll give it another go to see what it plays like now, and First Light is supposed to be good.

First light is quite good but you won't like it if you didn't like SS, which I agree was a huge step down from the first two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Looking forward to finally giving Horizon a bash when its free to download tomorrow! I didnt hear is there any PS5 enhancements with it?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Looking forward to finally giving Horizon a bash when its free to download tomorrow! I didnt hear is there any PS5 enhancements with it?

No, and tbh I'm shocked that they didn't at least unlock the framerate. If you are OK with 30 FPS the game still looks stunning. And you will actually be able to hear the game without the PS4's jet engines blasting you in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Black OPS Cold War. Warzone is good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Shebean wrote: »
    Black OPS Cold War. Warzone is good craic.

is cold war much of a step up from modern warfare?

in terms of online multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Markitron wrote: »
    No, and tbh I'm shocked that they didn't at least unlock the framerate. If you are OK with 30 FPS the game still looks stunning. And you will actually be able to hear the game without the PS4's jet engines blasting you in the face.

I'd suggest playing the game on performance mode for the 60fps. Game still looks incredible on PS5 and plays like a dream.

akelly02 wrote: »
    is cold war much of a step up from modern warfare?

in terms of online multiplayer

A smoother play. Slicker over all. Could be a PS5 thing. It's certainly less carton like. You can really mod weapons. They've been adding new maps and game types pretty regularly, likely because it's still new. Warzone is great. Seamless jumping from multiplayer on Black Ops to MW/Warzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Shebean wrote: »
    A smoother play. Slicker over all. Could be a PS5 thing. It's certainly less carton like. You can really mod weapons. They've been adding new maps and game types pretty regularly, likely because it's still new. Warzone is great. Seamless jumping from multiplayer on Black Ops to MW/Warzone.

cheers

will be investing soon

akelly02 wrote: »
    cheers

will be investing soon

I really like it. I've played far more multiplayer than the campaign/game itself. Warzone adds to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 frejaya

I’ve been playing Cozy Grove and it is so good. If you want something calming and you enjoy games like Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, or Don’t Starve it has elements of each of those. Probably most similar to Animal Crossing though, no farming like Stardew at least not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Really wish there were more co-op puzzle games available for playstation. Finished It Takes two, mostly done sackboy, going to try Unravel 2 next but is there any other co op games anyone can suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thatsmighty

Do people play during sunny weather?

Well, I'm not a fan of the sun so yes, I play. But I also more or less live 5pm to 9am so doesn't affect me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Do people play during sunny weather?

Winter = gaming.

Summer days = drinkin and bbq’ing.

Summer nights = drunk gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Kremin wrote: »
    Really wish there were more co-op puzzle games available for playstation. Finished It Takes two, mostly done sackboy, going to try Unravel 2 next but is there any other co op games anyone can suggest?

Resi 5 one of my favourite and often overlooked coop games. Love it.

Advertisement