Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Markitron wrote: »
    Key to beating the final Valkyrie is to interrupt her with Atreus when she is charging for her ultra attack.

UNWORTHY UNWORTHY!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Key to beating the final Valkyrie is to interrupt her with Atreus when she is charging for her ultra attack.

Just need to beat her for the plat., gave up a few months ago without any success.
    I'd say I've lost muscle memory on that game to be bothered going back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just need to beat her for the plat., gave up a few months ago without any success.
    I'd say I've lost muscle memory on that game to be bothered going back. :(

You can lower the difficulty down to easy and it won't affect trophies. I beat her on normal but it took so many tries and caused me so much frustration that I regretted not just lowering it to easy in the first place.

There are also certain gear builds that make it a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

When I say 2 more, I've 2 more then the queen or whoever she is. I've to get to the top of that lava mountain for one of them, I'm on the 4th challenge where I've to beat 100 bad guys, got to 86 yesterday and nearly broke my controller when I died! Then the other one is in that poison maze place.

I doubt I'll ever get the last trophy on it though, I assume you've to find all the crows and all that for it and there's no way I'm going to bother with that!

When I say 2 more, I've 2 more then the queen or whoever she is. I've to get to the top of that lava mountain for one of them, I'm on the 4th challenge where I've to beat 100 bad guys, got to 86 yesterday and nearly broke my controller when I died! Then the other one is in that poison maze place.

I doubt I'll ever get the last trophy on it though, I assume you've to find all the crows and all that for it and there's no way I'm going to bother with that!

The poison maze one is fairly easy once you've collected all the armour pieces that protects you from the environment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    Got the platinum in Spiderman Remastered and finished the DLC. Going to platinum Miles Morales now and have just started new game plus.

Can someone explain what a new game plus is? All new to me, didn't have a PS4 at all but loving my PS5!

madmoe wrote: »
    Can someone explain what a new game plus is? All new to me, didn't have a PS4 at all but loving my PS5!

Its a general phrase that means starting a game again with all the upgrades and items you earned in a previous playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering that myself before so looked it up as I was sure it was a harder version of the game as well to match you starting with powers. I really must try it in a game sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself before so looked it up as I was sure it was a harder version of the game as well to match you starting with powers. I really must try it in a game sometime

Usually it just means you start the game again with all your powers, abilities etc, and you play through again in order to reset everything. Though sometimes it does mean the game is harder too, especially SoulsBorne games (where you can New Game + several times and it gets harder each time). In those cases you can also usually continue to level up and get stronger to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up Astroneer last night, few hours put into it. Fun little relaxing take on the survival crafting genre. Good ideas, colourful, no time limits (so far) and even though it's taking a while to get used to the controls, especially the camera, I can see myself putting a lot of time into this. Hopefully I don't get bored like most games make me feel these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

'bout time I get into The Last of Us Part 2... need to get a quick refresher of the prev story on the interwebs first I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Enjoying it, bit too much filler / collectable side quests for my liking but still good fun and it looks gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Hitman 2.

Sorry I bought it though. Find it very boring and monotonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Nier Automata. I'd seen bits of good praise for it, but having played a decent bit in last few days I'm surprised it doesn't get talked about more. Really enjoying it, the graphical style and music mix in with the gameplay and location settings brilliantly. A stylish action RPG with substance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Playing away at Samurai Warriors 4-II.

Been playing these games since the age of 12 and they never cease to give me immense satisfaction. I love Musō games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

My brother and I have been playing The Division 2 over the last few nights. It was a tenner and the Co-op is very good. Probably not the best single player game but for co-op it is a lot of fun.

Other than that I was playing Fallout: New Vegas on PSNow. Great Fallout game. I accidently killed 1 or 2 characters and that failed a load of missions on me or lock me out of some. Kind of ruined the end of the game on me.

I will probably start Control or FFVII Remake next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hitman 2.

Sorry I bought it though. Find it very boring and monotonous.

I’d love to enjoy the Hitman games but the AI is just so bad it kills the immersion.

You get spotted way to easily. Often thinking how’d he’d know.

Or the other way around you’re certain you’d been spotted but nope.

It’s a shame cause I love the idea of them.

Back on topic I’ve been playing the hell out of the Outriders demo. Roll on April 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I’d love to enjoy the Hitman games but the AI is just so bad it kills the immersion.

You get spotted way to easily. Often thinking how’d he’d know.

Or the other way around you’re certain you’d been spotted but nope.

It’s a shame cause I love the idea of them.

Back on topic I’ve been playing the hell out of the Outriders demo. Roll on April 1st.

Half an hour into it I knew I wouldn't like it. Struggled on for a but then switched it off.

Back playing Wolfenstein 2 again. Love it

Fourth attempt to get into Doom (2016) and I still can't. I don't know what it is, but it's just very meh to me. Every time I've tried, I'd get a few levels in and just stop. Ah well, can't say I didn't try (4 times). Now back to the simple and monotonous routine of building bases and flying between planets in Astroneer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Nier Automata. I'd seen bits of good praise for it, but having played a decent bit in last few days I'm surprised it doesn't get talked about more. Really enjoying it, the graphical style and music mix in with the gameplay and location settings brilliantly. A stylish action RPG with substance

I played it recently, loved it for the first few nights playing it. Amazing music along with everything else you mentioned but but I just got bored doing fetch missions and stopped playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Cienciano wrote: »
    I played it recently, loved it for the first few nights playing it. Amazing music along with everything else you mentioned but but I just got bored doing fetch missions and stopped playing

Exactly the same. My enthusiasm went from sky high to zero. Such a shame, massive potential but that repetitive combat and awful map destroyed it for me

The second playthrough killed it for me. Was too similar to the first with a crap hacking game tacked on, and worse combat in general. Supposed to get better on the 3rd playthrough, but I couldn't bring myself that far...

Went back to Crash Bandicoot 4 with the PS5 upgrade. Decided to go for all the rest of the gems. Really tough, but manageable with enough practice. At this stage though I'm just going to pretend I've completed the game 100%, because the idea of the flashback tapes, N Sanely relics and Platinum relics.... F*ck no.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Exactly the same. My enthusiasm went from sky high to zero. Such a shame, massive potential but that repetitive combat and awful map destroyed it for me

Yeah. It felt like such a great game at the start, but once you're in basecamp for a while and you realised you're just fetching **** for the usual weapons builder etc it's the same as any others. Also, the same robots generated on the same street corners.
    If they paired it down just to the storymode and changed a few things it could have been an all time great. Stuff like reading text on a screen rather than voice acting was a let down.

Have started a replay of God of War. Damn this game is fantastic. I'm still blown away by how they got to this from the previous games, where it feels like a natural progression and a complete reinvention at the same time.

Penn wrote: »
    Have started a replay of God of War. Damn this game is fantastic. I'm still blown away by how they got to this from the previous games, where it feels like a natural progression and a complete reinvention at the same time.

The Ps5 update makes it even better

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Playing Hitman 3 on the PS5, completed the main storyline but as is the rule with these games its all about the replay and the challenges etc... It's the first Hitman I've played and in honesty I expected a different game, more action oriented than what it is really.
    It is enjoyable but I'm simply carrying on now as I have not much else that is interesting me, waiting for Resident Evil and a couple of other things...
    I played Destiny on the PS4 constantly and literally played nothing else, which I was determined not to do when I got the 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭joficeduns1

Just been lashing into Rocket League lately. I think I've hit my skill ceiling already which is worrying.

Tried out Maquette too and that was lovely, great looking game to take it easy with so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Been paying the FF7 remake, (as a lot are i presume), looks brilliant, soundtrack is amazing, but i really dont enjoy the battle system, mashing square until meter builds to either cast or use ability, changing characters seems clunky. But then again im only 2-3 hours into the game, maybe i'll adjust. So far though, very good game

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Been paying the FF7 remake, (as a lot are i presume), looks brilliant, soundtrack is amazing, but i really dont enjoy the battle system, mashing square until meter builds to either cast or use ability, changing characters seems clunky. But then again im only 2-3 hours into the game, maybe i'll adjust. So far though, very good game

You have only scratched the surface, it becomes a LOT more intricate as the game goes on.

Advertisement