Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Markitron wrote: »
    You have only scratched the surface, it becomes a LOT more intricate as the game goes on.

Yeah, im saying that to myself that surely once it progresses it will get more advanced and interesting. Its not stopping me enjoying the game, just something im not crazy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kasparinho23

Playing through NIOH 2. Great fun if you like to challenge yourself. Its a younger brother of dark souls set in japan. I played the first one like a mad man and completed like a few times this one is not as good in my opinion but still interested in the story that goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Jumped into Control on the PS5 there was something about it giving me a headache while I was playing it.
    Finished off Miles Morales.
    Days gone is still being played still feel I should've given it the time when it launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

coolisin wrote: »
    Days gone is still being played still feel I should've given it the time when it launched.

What you are playing now on PS5 and what launched on PS4 are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What you are playing now on PS5 and what launched on PS4 are very different.

How so? I finished it on PS4 and might give it another go on PS5 if its worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Back playing Titanfall 2, simply the best MP shooter out there

mutley18 wrote: »
    How so? I finished it on PS4 and might give it another go on PS5 if its worth it

It was extremely buggy and unpolished at launch on PS4, even the controls were a bit wonky. Since then it has been extensively patched, even the load times were cut down. In addition to the fixes, the PS5 version runs at 60 FPS. Compared to the launch PS4 version, its night and day.

It was extremely buggy and unpolished at launch on PS4, even the controls were a bit wonky. Since then it has been extensively patched, even the load times were cut down. In addition to the fixes, the PS5 version runs at 60 FPS. Compared to the launch PS4 version, its night and day.

Ah yeah I've seen a few comparisons, its more the style of game.
    I still think I would've enjoyed it flaws and all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Tried and failed to get into TLOU1. Found it way too slow (especially after finishing GOW2018). Was like a zombie version of Ps2 Freedom Fighters, but not as fun. Probably didn't give it the time it needed to get into it though.

Now onto the Assassins Creed series.

Blackflag, Odyssey or Origins? Tore between them. Will eventually play them all, hopefully.

I'll work up to PS5 Valhalla.

lemonkey wrote: »
    Tried and failed to get into TLOU1. Found it way too slow (especially after finishing GOW2018). Was like a zombie version of Ps2 Freedom Fighters, but not as fun. Probably didn't give it the time it needed to get into it though.

Blackflag, Odyssey or Origins? Tore between them. Will eventually play them all, hopefully.

Blackflag is brilliant, the other two are a sprawling hot mess

• Advertisement

I was the same with the TLOU in the beginning.
    It was after the museum/capitol building level that I started to engage properly.
    I have not played a remastered version only on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd recommend Black Flag - Origins - Odyssey because Black Flag is the older combat and you may not be able to go back to it after the other 2, and then Origins because it's the step up before Odyssey and Odyssey does it better imo. All excellent games though. And I played Immortals then, and can't get into Valhalla, as much as I'd like to. Probably worn out of the open world stuff I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Bought the Jak and Daxter HD Trilogy on PS3.

I was never into 3D platformers around the time it came out, but for the last 10 years or so it was always on the back of my mind that I might want to try it out at least, and I've got to say, for a 3D platformer released on the PS2 - it's damn impressive. Pseudo open-world, day/night cycle, solid platform controls running at a buttery 60fps* - a delight to play. My only gripe so far is the camera isn't very friendly at times, but it's not that often (there are moments where I can't tell how close/far an enemy is from me when I approach it due to the positioning of the camera, often leading to me attacking too early/late and getting hit)

I was gonna get the PS4 collection but I realised they're ports of the PS2 versions, so I opted for the HD trilogy instead, which is apparently the better version.

It was also a cheaper option, being $9.99 on the US store (as opposed to the EU versions being €25, wtf?) and I thought: well, the PS3's digital storefront may be going away soon, and the physical copy of this collection is not cheap - might as well grab it here now.

Loving it so far. 50% completed as I write this.

*I don't know if the PS2 version was 60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heavenly Sword to test out PlayStation Now.
    If there's a lag it's not too noticeable.
    The game itself is the standard action game like God of War and still learning the right stick doges instead of controlling the camera. so I'm dodging unintentionally a lot.

A couple annoying tower defence sections so far. hope they're not too common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

duploelabs wrote: »
    Back playing Titanfall 2, simply the best MP shooter out there

Love Titanfall 2. Is there a performance/display boost on the PS5? Wonder will there be a Titanfall 3?

Love Titanfall 2. Is there a performance/display boost on the PS5? Wonder will there be a Titanfall 3?

Apart from the quicker loading times etc, there wasn't a specific ps5 update for it unfortunately, would love a V3 of it, even if it had a longer campaign than v2

I'd love a new Titanfall simply because I'm sick of modern/old war shooters that CoD has a horn for these days.

Edit: Picked up Far Cry New Dawn for about €15 2 days ago. I got bored of 5, but reviews said this was a bit better. Have a few hours played, but not sure if I'll stick with it. They have nailed the look and feel of their own genre, but it still feels old. The crafting is alright, but nothing special. The protagonists, well, I can't wait to murder them tbh. Fierce annoying. Graphically, it looks really well, and runs very well on the 5. But it's still just more of the same. FC6 would want to completely change up the formula, it's AC levels of stale at this stage.

I'd love a new Titanfall simply because I'm sick of modern/old war shooters that CoD has a horn for these days.

Edit: Picked up Far Cry New Dawn for about €15 2 days ago. I got bored of 5, but reviews said this was a bit better. Have a few hours played, but not sure if I'll stick with it. They have nailed the look and feel of their own genre, but it still feels old. The crafting is alright, but nothing special. The protagonists, well, I can't wait to murder them tbh. Fierce annoying. Graphically, it looks really well, and runs very well on the 5. But it's still just more of the same. FC6 would want to completely change up the formula, it's AC levels of stale at this stage.

FC5 was fantastic at first, but after the 10th drug trip sequence I had come to hate it. Drug trip sequences in games are ALWAYS ****e and I have no idea why they became so popular in the last gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭joficeduns1

Started It Takes Two last night with herself. The storyline is a bit heavy handed at the start but the gameplay is perfect for a couch co-op and it's quite forgiving for dying etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »
    Have started a replay of God of War. Damn this game is fantastic. I'm still blown away by how they got to this from the previous games, where it feels like a natural progression and a complete reinvention at the same time.

Finished the story last night. Just such a sublime game from start to finish. How they took Kratos from the previous games and made him into this character is insane. Plus they had a fantastic balance of a small open-world with a few collectibles/side-missions without it being over-cumbersome. Even Nilfheim and Musphelheim are entirely optional and there for the challenge alone.

Kinda have a hankering to reinstall Ghost of Tsushima now and go for the platinum, finish off all the side missions and stuff.

• Advertisement

Kinda have a hankering to reinstall Ghost of Tsushima now and go for the platinum, finish off all the side missions and stuff.

Oh man this might have been a mistake. Just did all the remaining ?'s on the first island, maybe about 15 of them. About 12 were fox dens. Just checked the completion menu. I've now done 27/49 Fox dens, not to mention shrines, springs etc.

Everything else seems fairly well balanced in terms of being about 20 each. 49 fox dens? For fox sake...

Might still belt on anyway, starting to get a feel for the combat again (though I threw sticky bombs at Just about everyone any time I tried changing stances by hitting R1 instead of R2). Plus the fast travel is so handy in this game that even chasing down the ?'s isn't that much of a chore.

Oh man this might have been a mistake. Just did all the remaining ?'s on the first island, maybe about 15 of them. About 12 were fox dens. Just checked the completion menu. I've now done 27/49 Fox dens, not to mention shrines, springs etc.

Everything else seems fairly well balanced in terms of being about 20 each. 49 fox dens? For fox sake...

Might still belt on anyway, starting to get a feel for the combat again (though I threw sticky bombs at Just about everyone any time I tried changing stances by hitting R1 instead of R2). Plus the fast travel is so handy in this game that even chasing down the ?'s isn't that much of a chore.

Possibly the easiest plat I've ever got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I actually really regretted getting the plat. Loved the main game and doing a few side missions and collectables on the way, but the end of game clean up was a huge grind, and definitely took some of the gloss off. Easy? Yes. Fun? No.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I actually really regretted getting the plat. Loved the main game and doing a few side missions and collectables on the way, but the end of game clean up was a huge grind, and definitely took some of the gloss off. Easy? Yes. Fun? No.

I think I just need to plan it out a bit better. I have some of the side missions and territory areas to do, so maybe 3 ?'s, side mission, territory, 3 ?'s, side mission, territory...etc. keep it varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Started playing Rage 2 via PS now over the weekend. Only 5 or 6 hours in but its alot of fun. Will get very samey im sure but I love the Mad Max / Fallout / Doom vibes off it.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Possibly the easiest plat I've ever got

Beyond Good and Evil HD is calling! Plat for finishing the game.

Beyond Good and Evil HD is calling! Plat for finishing the game.

Might as well be a 'competitor' medal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭KH25

Finished Uncharted 4 today. I played the original trilogy years ago but never got around to 4. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I dunno if it's me being easily influenced by other people's opinion, or if I just don't like too much change, but I went from powering through Jak and Daxter and getting the platinum in the span of 2 days, to barely hitting the 20% mark in a week on Jak 2.

I like it, and I was really enjoying it in the first couple of hours....... but it's sooo jarring in comparison. I want to keep going but something about it isn't sticking with me as well as Jak 1 did. Jak 1 was perfect in my eyes. This is.... rather generic. The platforming and actual gameplay outside of the open world segments are still fun, but the traversal/exploration/open-world in general is borderline abhorrent. I don't like that Jak now talks like a smart-ass protagonist. Like "look at me I'm edgy because I have a goatee and slicked-back hair, and I use a gun!"

Speaking of guns, they're rather clumsy to use in this instalment. It's not atrocious but it can be a frustrating mechanic.

The dodgy camera makes its return here, and for the love of christ - I can tolerate an inverted up/down camera, but inverted left/right?!?!?! Come on t'fcuk. I don't know what it was about mid-2000s PS2-era games that almost forced you to use inverted camera controls, or at least had inverted cameras as the default, but either way, I'm stuck with that scheme in this game - can't change it.

I want to enjoy this, so that I can beat it (not necessarily platinum it, I think that idea's out the window) and jump into Jak 3. I want to beat the trilogy at least, but Jak 2 is making this goal very difficult.

• Advertisement

That's where I stopped with the trilogy too, first was grand, but the unnecessary open world-esque guff in the second ruined it. Never finished it and so have never played Jak 3. As you said, the main missions were still fine, it's the open stuff that's terrible.

Advertisement