Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

gozunda wrote: »
    Put in 4 plants in old trough filled with soil and fym....

I now have a load of courgettes that are marrow sized with all the heat - and that despite taking a whole load already - might see if some of the poultry are interested!

Hens should eat them, they eat everything else.
    Have a recipe here for stuffed marrow, which basically means just bake it, remove the middle bit & mix it with yummy things & refill it. Though i'll probably just freeze mine as I go along, in a mixture of cooked & uncooked things.

I'm a bit stuck with the Zetor, can't get to the other end of the hose which connects to the clutch, can't get the pedal out as the nuts on the end of the bottom bolts have stuck. Dad says split the tractor but I think i've given it a good try and reached my limit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

gozunda wrote: »
    Put in 4 plants in old trough filled with soil and fym....

I now have a load of courgettes that are marrow sized with all the heat - and that despite taking a whole load already - might see if some of the poultry are interested!

Cut them down the middle and the hens will go mad for them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Some goal there by Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

whelan2 wrote: »
    Some goal there by Japan

Belgium back in it now though:(

• Advertisement

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Belgium back in it now though:(

Good finish

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just out strolling about and it’s a beautiful evening.
    Clear sky, not a breeze, maybe 16c.
    Calves up happy and comfortable munching away.

Stood for a while watching bats up and down the back of the hedge feasting on insects.

First evening for a long time I couldn’t hear a mower or baler rumbling in the distance.

Just finished our silage so mustn't have been near us Brian :P
    Yield about the same, up in a couple of wetter fields, down in drier ones. One field in particular was very good, it's about 1.9 acres and gave us 24 bales, had no slurry whatsoever and only a small bit of fert.

Happy now that it's done! Regardless of the weather forecast:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Just out strolling about and it’s a beautiful evening.
    Clear sky, not a breeze, maybe 16c.
    Calves up happy and comfortable munching away.

Stood for a while watching bats up and down the back of the hedge feasting on insects.

First evening for a long time I couldn’t hear a mower or baler rumbling in the distance.

I'd say they are running out of grass to bale

Reggie. wrote: »

I'd say you've had your fill of it by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Indeed.
    Nothing regrowing either.

Was talking to a guy earlier and he said that the whole country is either ate, mowed or burnt down to the same level and when the growth comes it will be hard to use it all as every scrap of ground will have the same cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'd say you've had your fill of it by now

Think today and tomorrow is the last of it around here bar a few stragglers maybe. Bit of topping to do for lads and that's about it. Second cuts will be abit away I'd say. At least I'll be home a little more often now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The only real violence I've ever seen was at a Clare - Cork hurling match in the Gaelic Grounds in limerick, early 80's I'd say. Riot broke out during the game at the Ennis Road end (Cork Supporters). A free for all. Poor guys selling fruit and drinks on makeshift stands were plundered for missiles.
    There's an element in Cork City that follow hurling, unlike an other city in Ireland

I was at a league game in Páirc ui Rinn a few years ago (maybe 2014) with a mate from Dublin. We lost well that day. But we were in a terrace surrounded by cork lads (arrived late as traffic in city) and they were in fowl form. Kept the jacket well zipped up. My mate from Dublin said he never say a crowd like them especially when they were winning.

I know that’s not all cork lads- they are great people and they well deserved to win on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Grueller

_Brian wrote: »
    Indeed.
    Nothing regrowing either.

Was talking to a guy earlier and he said that the whole country is either ate, mowed or burnt down to the same level and when the growth comes it will be hard to use it all as every scrap of ground will have the same cover.

A problem I wouldn't mind having to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

had a job held up at weekend due to balers booked out.

11 acres of hay to be mowed on sunday, but cant get a baler till next Monday so not mowing till Wednesday he said.

There is definitely 12 balers within 5 mile of me that do contracting work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Grueller wrote: »
    Booing as Peter Duggan was taking frees. Its a pet hate of mine. I love the respect afforded to kickers in rugby.

Firsr time i ever say opposing fans turn around to shake our hands was at a rugby union match, all i ever saw at a GAA match was bitterness towards the winning side fans.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Firsr time i ever say opposing fans turn around to shake our hands was at a rugby union match, all i ever saw at a GAA match was bitterness towards the winning side fans.

Rugby is a gentlemans sport, better say ladies as well.
    I don't follow GAA for that reason, my neighbours travelled to Tyrone to support a local team once and within 5 or 10 mins there was 3 of our players put off, I thought it was the lousiest treatment of fans ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

wrangler wrote: »
    Rugby is a gentlemans sport, better say ladies as well.
    I don't follow GAA for that reason, my neighbours travelled to Tyrone to support a local team once and within 5 or 10 mins there was 3 of our players put off, I thought it was the lousiest treatment of fans ever.

Ya right. After seeing Ian Keatley being booed by his own fans at Thomand Park, I beg to differ.

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/ian-keatley-reveals-profound-effect-booed-munster-fans-personal-life-362409

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

New pipe needed instead of cylinder?
    I have no idea what i'm doing. :pac:

DhGj0jfW4AA-Eoo.jpg
    The lad with the horn for your fingers last week wouldn't be too impressed now !!:D

Rocking around the Christmas tree on the radio in Nice Airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Anyone know what donegal town is like?? Heading there for couple nights at weekend

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    The lad with the horn for your fingers last week wouldn't be too impressed now !!:D

Ahahahaha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

marathon wrote: »
    Anyone know what donegal town is like?? Heading there for couple nights at weekend

out in it a few years back and killybegs good auld spots and if you get the right place you will not have to worry about closing time

Friend from college is from Kilcar (one from sex and city lives out there) but sadly he died while at college but a few of us head up to his family and grave every other year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Come to papa!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Muckit wrote: »
    Come to papa!!!

Oh jesus I'd love one of them now! Will have to swing in somewhere on the way home from work.
    Did a 10k run around Shannon at lunchtime and nearly died with the heat. Thank God for air conditioned offices is all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I saw a lot of THM freshly mowed yesterday as I was on my travels. I travelled the same route today and most of it is baled, wrapped and gone off the field :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Base price wrote: »
    I saw a lot of THM freshly mowed yesterday as I was on my travels. I travelled the same route today and most of it is baled, wrapped and gone off the field :eek:

Could well be lipp as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Grueller

Base price wrote: »

Only needs to be turned twice as per rules. Mowed early Sunday. Turned Sunday afternoon. Turned Monday. Rowed up, baled, wrapped and stacked Monday evening is what happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Grueller wrote: »
    Only needs to be turned twice as per rules. Mowed early Sunday. Turned Sunday afternoon. Turned Monday. Rowed up, baled, wrapped and stacked Monday evening is what happened here.

No should only be baled for silage if Hay is not possible to be got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Ard_MC wrote:
    No should only be baled for silage if Hay is not possible to be got.

Was very dull overcast Sunday so I wasn't taking any chances. Wrapped pronto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement