Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I'm stealing that Massey for sure. Maybe it's because it's the first 4 wheel drive tractor I've driven though :pac: :D
    Fecking freezing here tonight but it's probably that I'm used to the heat. 16 degrees but i'm in trousers and a hoodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Bullocks wrote: »
    Caught the lizard

We had one of those lads stuck in a bucket swimming like mad a couple of days ago. Had filled the bucket to put out for a dope of a calf that stands around in the sun lowing mournfully at us instead of going off with his mateys. These are lovely little creatures I'm glad I found it before the cat spotted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'm stealing that Massey for sure. Maybe it's because it's the first 4 wheel drive tractor I've driven though :pac: :D

Make him an offer..

Maybe it's all part of his cunning plan.

Make him an offer..

Maybe it's all part of his cunning plan.

Nah, not in good enough condition to buy. The middle gear- the one with the hare/tortoise on it- isn't working at all. Just a bit battered but it's an 87 so can understand that! Nice to have experience of a differnt tractor though, somehting to build on when I do go tractor hunting.
    There's even too much power in it for what I'd need anyway but who doesn't like a bit of tractor willy waving. Especially when you've no willy to wave anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Grueller

tanko wrote: »
    What were they doing??

Booing as Peter Duggan was taking frees. Its a pet hate of mine. I love the respect afforded to kickers in rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Nah, not in good enough condition to buy. The middle gear- the one with the hare/tortoise on it- isn't working at all. Just a bit battered but it's an 87 so can understand that! Nice to have experience of a differnt tractor though, somehting to build on when I do go tractor hunting.
    There's even too much power in it for what I'd need anyway but who doesn't like a bit of tractor willy waving. Especially when you've no willy to wave anyway :D

Oookay then!!

I blame Whelan2 for all this talk of Willy waving on here. :pac:
    Pride it's called pride. There's no shame in having something nice and you'll always find uses for "the extra power".

Now you know your next tractor will have 4wd. So not a total waste of a lend. :)
    Then you'll have to have to have a good loader with that 4wd. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

REGGIE!

REGGIEEEEE!!!

LADY H. BROKE YOUR TRACTOR:D

Oookay then!!

I blame Whelan2 for all this talk of Willy waving on here. :pac:
    Pride it's called pride. There's no shame in having something nice and you'll always find uses for "the extra power".

Now you know your next tractor will have 4wd. So not a total waste of a lend. :)
    Then you'll have to have to have a good loader with that 4wd. ;)

Well we knew it was going to be a 4WD anyway! But that's as far as the discussion got :pac: But I don't want something that's going to have bells and whistles I'll never use. Cause bells & whistles cost extra!
    REGGIE!

REGGIEEEEE!!!

NO I DIDN'T. It's just a little more loved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Grueller wrote: »
    Booing as Peter Duggan was taking frees. Its a pet hate of mine. I love the respect afforded to kickers in rugby.

Its not a nice part of a game but when he was being effected by it,the cork fans wanted to win

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Its not a nice part of a game but when he was being effected by it,the cork fans wanted to win

I was above in Croke Park a number of years ago and I got chatting to a couple of the stewards, I dunno how the talk came up but it was about the most troublesome supporters. Theysaid a section of the Cork hurling supporters were by far and away the worse.
    I'd never have called it but that's what they said.

They've something to celebrate tonight anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

REGGIE!

REGGIEEEEE!!!

Ya can't even give that woman a crowbar in a bog

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I was above in Croke Park a number of years ago and I got chatting to a couple of the stewards, I dunno how the talk came up but it was about the most troublesome supporters. Theysaid a section of the Cork hurling supporters were by far and away the worse.
    I'd never have called it but that's what they said.

They've something to celebrate tonight anyway.

The only real violence I've ever seen was at a Clare - Cork hurling match in the Gaelic Grounds in limerick, early 80's I'd say. Riot broke out during the game at the Ennis Road end (Cork Supporters). A free for all. Poor guys selling fruit and drinks on makeshift stands were plundered for missiles.
    There's an element in Cork City that follow hurling, unlike an other city in Ireland

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Looking at my garden yesterday, I have simultaneously underestimated the productivity of courgette plants and overestimated my ability to eat courgettes. :pac:
    6 plants, all look to have between 10 & 20 buds on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

The only real violence I've ever seen was at a Clare - Cork hurling match in the Gaelic Grounds in limerick, early 80's I'd say. Riot broke out during the game at the Clare end. A free for all. Poor guys selling fruit and drinks on makeshift stands were plundered for missiles.
    There's an element in Cork City that follow hurling, unlike an other city in Ireland

I think that was kinda brewing from the munster final of 1978, That element you mention only show when the team are going well, you won't see them in the lean years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Kildare v Fermanagh next weekend.  Having some craic the past few weeks at matches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

Looking at my garden yesterday, I have simultaneously underestimated the productivity of courgette plants and overestimated my ability to eat courgettes. :pac:

Have you asked around if anyone knows of other uses for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

orm0nd wrote: »
    I think that was kinda brewing from the munster final of 1978, That element you mention only show when the team are going well, you won't see them in the lean years.

Exactly. You won't see them at a league match. That's for sure.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Uhhh
    Got to lunchtime at work I’m out of the office on site and realised I must have got splattered with calf **** on back of my trousers when I was feeding calves this morning:(

There hiking the type with zipped legs and I only noticed when I was zipping off the lower legs.

Must have been quite the sight trooping about the office with back of my legs all calf **** :(

_Brian wrote: »
    Uhhh
    Got to lunchtime at work I’m out of the office on site and realised I must have got splattered with calf **** on back of my trousers when I was feeding calves this morning:(

There hiking the type with zipped legs and I only noticed when I was zipping off the lower legs.

Must have been quite the sight trooping about the office with back of my legs all calf **** :(
    Ya animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Kildare v Fermanagh next weekend.  Having some craic the past few weeks at matches

Conleths will some craic if ye make the S8s.

• Advertisement

For a chance to win tickets to Groove festival this weekend, just post on the thread linked below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107409673&posted=1#post107409673

New pipe needed instead of cylinder?
    I have no idea what i'm doing. :pac:

DhGj0jfW4AA-Eoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

New pipe needed instead of cylinder?
    I have no idea what i'm doing. :pac:

DhGj0jfW4AA-Eoo.jpg

Get yourself some milking gloves woman.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Get yourself some milking gloves woman.

Can't work in gloves, have never been able to. A scrub in hot water will sort it later.

Ya broke the massey......that didn't take long

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ya broke the massey......that didn't take long

That is the Zetor! I'm trying to fix the original issue :P

That is the Zetor! I'm trying to fix the original issue :P
    We need to start the Lady Haywire 'I've broke the tractor again' thread:pac:

We need to start the Lady Haywire 'I've broke the tractor again' thread:pac:

Yiz are all a pack of feckers. :(

Yiz are all a pack of feckers. :(
    I was there 2 years ago, not knowing if the tractor would start or restart any day so I do have sympathy for you.

A little bit anyway:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Put in 4 plants in old trough filled with soil and fym....

I now have a load of courgettes that are marrow sized with all the heat - and that despite taking a whole load already - might see if some of the poultry are interested!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement