Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

whelan2 wrote: »
    Sure that would be no fun

It'd save the polar bears though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Seemingly so. Mods had to set up a caravan and all in it.

There was a time limit and post limit on boards before you could post in it.

Well how's things? any strange yourself.
    Any strange grazing mixtures sown?

Was at the reseeding demo yesterday to educate myself

Reggie. wrote: »
    Was at the reseeding demo yesterday to educate myself

Let me guess.

Spray off with round-up.
    Plough, till, level and sow and roll or..
    Power harrow and then spread grass and clover and roll. And spray with post emergence spray for dock control.
    Not forgetting the 3 bags of 10.10.20, 2t of lime and bag of nitrogen at green up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,156 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Giving two options like that would only confuse farmers.

Water John wrote: »
    Giving two options like that would only confuse farmers.

And i never mentioned Diploid and Tetraploids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Let me guess.

Spray off with round-up.
    Power harrow and then spread grass and clover and roll. And spray with post emergence spray for dock control.
    Not forgetting the 3 bags of 10.10.20, 2t of lime and bag of nitrogen at green up.

Not quite. Most important thing is letting the spray work for 3 weeks. Biggest issue they found was lads not letting the spray do its work. Lads would start work 10 or 14 days after spraying which would not have gotten down to the root properly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Not going to post this in the strike thread.

But maybe an idea for it is to limit the posters to 5 posts allowed per poster per day while the strike is going on.
    It's not beyond the forums limits especially since rules and limits were imposed in the Kerry shares thread.

Not practical, we'd have to manually count posts in a thread than could be fast moving at times.

The situation in the Kerry Shares thread was a last resort in response to to an ongoing problem. It wasn't something we wanted to impose and we don't want to have to again.
    The situation in the Strike thread is easily sorted ... if...
    You ignore the bait and walk away from the agitation, and,
    Mods hold posters to the normal standards expected.

There are going to be dissenting opinions. As long as they've civilly expressed and responded to, there isn' t a problem.

Note my signature, below.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Not practical, we'd have to manually count posts in a thread than could be fast moving at times.

The situation in the Kerry Shares thread was a last resort in response to to an ongoing problem. It wasn't something we wanted to impose and we don't want to have to again.
    The situation in the Strike thread is easily sorted ... if...
    You ignore the bait and walk away from the agitation, and,
    Mods hold posters to the normal standards expected.

There are going to be dissenting opinions. As long as they've civilly expressed and responded to, there isn' t a problem.

Note my signature, below.
    Is there not some boards algorithm that could...never mind. :)

To some progress is shouting down the opposition and calling them losers, bullying, get real and responding to every single thread that goes against their grain and is protected by the powers that be for the sole sake of being a different voice.

I'd just thought the 5 posts idea was a good one. It'd give the thread a chance to get the opinions of lesser posters who might be intimidated by the constant posting of a few and if you couldn't get your point across in 5 posts then God help you, your motivation is just to win as your handle suggested.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Ah that's old news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Wrong thread :p

Ah that's old news.

A 'now-cast' is unlikely to be wrong. Ahem, ahem.

The protestors may need their brollies! Or boats!

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I got invited (via Twitter) to a workshop in Alltech, anyone ever got similar :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭White Clover

A 'now-cast' is unlikely to be wrong. Ahem, ahem.

The protestors may need their brollies! Or boats!

No problem with shelter, Atkins farm machinery have brought a few extra cow boxes to the gates of abp in bandon this evening. Decent honourable people at Atkins. Always found them very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I got invited (via Twitter) to a workshop in Alltech, anyone ever got similar

No but we are not a "social influencer" like you areðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got the sheeting for my shed delivered from Cork this evening. Cheapest and delivered. Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

grassroot1 wrote: »
    No but we are not a "social influencer" like you areðŸ˜

Ahahahaha pull the udder one :D It's about getting a positive farming message across so guess it'll be interesting at least.

And I get fed so hey ho, was always going to sway me with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Got the last of the broccoli & cabbage planted this morning. Top dressed and all. Planting finished for another year.
    Also have this feckin marriage course 2mora evening. Such a waste of time :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭Grueller

Got the last of the broccoli & cabbage planted this morning. Top dressed and all. Planting finished for another year.

If its any comfort to you I did that 14 years ago and she is still hanging in here by the skin of her teeth. The course must work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It's not a waste of time, sure the broccoli and cabbage will fly up in this weather:D

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »
    If its any comfort to you I did that 14 years ago and she is still hanging in here by the skin of her teeth. The course must work.

Haha sure I get a day off for it....
    Priest wouldn’t accept the online one either. Oh well!

It's not a waste of time, sure the broccoli and cabbage will fly up in this weather:D

Tis flying alright. :P

How much does the marriage course cost?

whelan2 wrote: »
    How much does the marriage course cost?

€200/couple. 3 hours 2mora evening and 8 hours on Saturday.
    Left it a bit on the long finger so we’ve to go to Portmarnock for it. Not too bad.
    Get that done anyway. I’ve still to get a suit haha

Left it a bit on the long finger so we’ve to go to Portmarnock for it. Not too bad.

Cant remember what we paid, we went to the Ardboyne. Same as you Friday evening and full day Saturday. 22 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

One of the "exercises" we had to do was for both of us to hold onto the biro, and without discussion draw the house we would like.
    I took control and drew a rectangle about two inches wide, by three inches tall.
    "Thats a very small house", she cried.
    "Thats the bloody front door" I replied! :D
    We were told to "settle down" ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Let me guess.

Spray off with round-up.

Are them options correct in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I had the same preconceptions. Go with open mind with be my advice. Some good practical stuff in it. If nothing else it'll make ye talk about stuff that ye may not have addressed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Try to enjoy, cos it’s a long day otherwise
    There was a guy on ours who sulked the whole time, reckoned it took forever while the rest made most had a laugh & time flew.

Always think of lad at work where a couple split up at his course.
    Counselor asked each couple on family thoughts, 1 couple had never discussed 1 wanted & other didn’t

• Advertisement

Are them options correct in your opinion?

There's a myriad of ways to reseed.
    Each dictated by the land and farmer.
    If you're correct the sward will grow. If not it won't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement