Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,166 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The same lad turned off the fence here to fix the wire and forgot to turn it back on for a week.

We have 2 fences 1 in a little shed. If we plug it out we leave the door open as a reminder to plug it back in and the other one we leave a jumper or coat that we would normally wear near it as a reminder to plug it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    We have 2 fences 1 in a little shed. If we plug it out we leave the door open as a reminder to plug it back in and the other one we leave a jumper or coat that we would normally wear near it as a reminder to plug it back in.

I can switch mine off from the fence tester and switch it back on. I was in a hurry to do a pick up for the kids and never tested it like I always would and didn't check until the cows were about to go into a few paddocks that bound silage fields where I switch the current off in the rest of the paddocks and on in those few.

A good shock will train the cattle fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Team Raven famous 5 display team just flew over the house in formation.
    I can only imagine what they were like yesterday at the Birr airshow.

Was in lidl yesterday and knew I was charged too much. Looked at receipt was charged €49.50 for 66 apple turnovers instead of 1.50 for 2. The manager thought it was hilarious. I wonder how many people don't check their receipts at all. Party on in my house with 66 apple turnovers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Was in lidl yesterday and knew I was charged too much. Looked at receipt was charged €49.50 for 66 apple turnovers instead of 1.50 for 2. The manager thought it was hilarious. I wonder how many people don't check their receipts at all. Party on in my house with 66 apple turnovers

Did they not give you the money back?

• Advertisement

Did they not give you the money back?

Ye they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ye they did.

Be some craic if they didnt

Did anyone watch the programme on rte1 yesterday evening where the blind lad met Davy Fitzgerald. Such a knowledgable young lad for 11 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Where would I get a twin sprayer nozzle and maybe a handle too? Athlone or ballinasloe.
    Just got the quad sprayer running again, it wouldn't work, I left off some sort of non return valve off a pipe in the tank when it got blocked.
    The pump wouldn't pump and I stripped it, all looked fine then I filled it to see if there was a crack in the tank. Tried it again and it's going fine now. The level came up enough to prime it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Bought some Noromectin Pouron in a Chemist last week. It comes in a big container with a small one taped to it. Smaller one is free when you buy the big one. Well she scanned the smaller one and goes €17 please. I couldnt do it, so asked her if that price was right. 'How much were you expecting'. I think it's a bit more - I go. It should have been around the 50 mark, which it was.
    I got commended on my honesty anyway...:rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,156 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Fair play Patsy, but I doubt she'd have lost much on the deal if you only gave the €17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Surely most people would notice if their bill was 48euro out? :confused:

Shopped in a Lidl a few times, and to be honest, I didnt find it any cheaper than Dunnes (with the 10 off 50 voucher) Also, I found Lidl didnt have a lot of stuff we'd normally get...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Bought some Noromectin Pouron in a Chemist last week. It comes in a big container with a small one taped to it. Smaller one is free when you buy the big one. Well she scanned the smaller one and goes €17 please. I couldnt do it, so asked her if that price was right. 'How much were you expecting'. I think it's a bit more - I go. It should have been around the 50 mark, which it was.
    I got commended on my honesty anyway...:rolleyes:

I was in a pub during the willie Clancy, handed in a tenner and got €45.20 change. I said it to her and she thought I was wrong- I only had the tenner and sure enough she nearly jumped over the counter to thank me. Lad beside me said I’d have had pints for the night if I kept it- I’d have no luck and the server would have been caught for it when the till was down.

The luck will come your way Patsy- the injection will work twice as well.

Surely most people would notice if their bill was 48euro out? :confused:

Shopped in a Lidl a few times, and to be honest, I didnt find it any cheaper than Dunnes (with the 10 off 50 voucher) Also, I found Lidl didnt have a lot of stuff we'd normally get...

Lidl is closest to here. Find it good value normally. Knew I was being over charged for something but had to wait to get receipt to check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Did ya get the 66 apple turnovers? ;)

Was out this morning fencing and got soaked 3 times in short but torrential downpours.( too warm for a jacket) Back in now cup of coffee and I'd feking love an apple turnover ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Bought some Noromectin Pouron in a Chemist last week. It comes in a big container with a small one taped to it. Smaller one is free when you buy the big one. Well she scanned the smaller one and goes €17 please. I couldnt do it, so asked her if that price was right. 'How much were you expecting'. I think it's a bit more - I go. It should have been around the 50 mark, which it was. I got commended on my honesty anyway...

Curse of being honest, though when it occurs with me I make the point if it was an overcharge against I would highlight it too!
    How many of us check our change when out for a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Bought some Noromectin Pouron in a Chemist last week. It comes in a big container with a small one taped to it. Smaller one is free when you buy the big one. Well she scanned the smaller one and goes €17 please. I couldnt do it, so asked her if that price was right. 'How much were you expecting'. I think it's a bit more - I go. It should have been around the 50 mark, which it was. I got commended on my honesty anyway...

Curse of being honest, though when it occurs with me I make the point if it was an overcharge against I would highlight it too!
    How many of us check our change when out for a pint!
    I'd always do a spot check, usually the first round as it's the quickest, then I'd know I could trust them for the rest of the night .... ; )

A neighbour out cutting his hedges this evening. It must be nice not to have to worry about cross compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭emaherx

A neighbour out cutting his hedges this evening. It must be nice not to have to worry about cross compliance.

Maybe his verges are very high? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

emaherx wrote: »

My neighbours that probably got the guards for me dirtying the road and only a month ago stopped my tenant telling him that she has the smell of slurry in her Beemer but she has a daughter, looney to drive, road is narrow with high hedges,a neighbour was drawing silage and stuck the john deere weight out the gateway and BANG, he must've been on the phone because he left her up on the bank on the far side before he stopped....... car was three days old, ford focus,
    I pitied the tractor driver because she was due a lesson, they'll have to pay for new car anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Odelay

wrangler wrote: »
    My neighbours that probably got the guards for me dirtying the road and only a month ago stopped my tenant telling him that she has the smell of slurry in her Beemer but she has a daughter, looney to drive, road is narrow with high hedges,a neighbour was drawing silage and stuck the john deere weight out the gateway and BANG, he must've been on the phone because he left her up on the bank on the far side before he stopped....... car was three days old, ford focus,
    I pitied the tractor driver because she was due a lesson, they'll have to pay for new car anyway

Only the tractor driver to blame there, lucky he didn’t do serious injury to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

wrangler wrote: »

Driving through Paris today been mannerly let a lorry in at a junction he indicated to cross in and the stupid f**ker in the car in front jumped on the brakes the lorry shoved him sideways up the road. Taxi behind me was crossing behind me into my lane jammed on the brakes slid sideways across two lanes. I drove up inside lorry as close as I could. The Taxi struck a car on the inside and straightened up, the car that the lorry hit hit a van in the inside lane. I slowed down indicated and overtook the lorry and and car and continued on my way. A 2 hr delay on the road afterwards.😎.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

dzer2 wrote: »
    Driving through Paris today been mannerly let a lorry in at a junction he indicated to cross in and the stupid f**ker in the car in front jumped on the brakes the lorry shoved him sideways up the road. Taxi behind me was crossing behind me into my lane jammed on the brakes slid sideways across two lanes. I drove up inside lorry as close as I could. The Taxi struck a car on the inside and straightened up, the car that the lorry hit hit a van in the inside lane. I slowed down indicated and overtook the lorry and and car and continued on my way. A 2 hr delay on the road afterwards.��.

Normal for Paris, in fairness!
    A city where its almost a hate-crime to leave the hand brake on the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Just had a T-bone steak in the restaurant 24 euro including all trimmings Irish sourced it says cant upload pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Here in T2 at Dublin airport. Great to see their nearly finished those roadworks up by Naas

He cut the roadside a month ago, cut the inside of the farm today. What's going on in lads heads at all. 3 weeks to wait on dry land:rolleyes:

He cut the roadside a month ago, cut the inside of the farm today. What's going on in lads heads at all. 3 weeks to wait on dry land:rolleyes:

Different rules seem to apply to different people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

If the lads in Europe have their way the eye in the sky will have him by the short and curlies next time round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

Different rules seem to apply to different people

Neighbour across from me got a track machine in, cleared the entire place, stripped the roadside hedge right back - in Summer! Right beside the road the NPWS use several times a week. Farm runs uphill from road, ya can see the lot, not a bit ever done to him. Must be the birdwatch Ireland sticker he had in the back wi dow of his last van warding off evil spirits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

An elderly neighbour came to the door yest evening. She had a puncture. Come in l said and sit inside and lll change it for you no problem.

Out l go thinking this'll be straight forward. Lift out boot floor. Spare wheel and tools are pristine. Never used. Great. Jack car a little. Take out wheel brace. I look at the lugs. Star shaped holes in them. Look at wheel brace, standard hex. Look in spare wheel insert for adaptor. There is none!!

Ok, lets go to the shed for socket set. Went through every size star socket l had, eventually found one that might fit. Stick it in and wiggle it by hand. What's this..... the lug seems loose. Out it came. It was only a plastic cover!! The lugs were in behind and matched the wheelbrace. It was a VW. Never seen the like before as l nor any of my family ever had VWs. They had me fooled!! When l looked in spare wheel insert again there was a little pick tool which ld say was for easing them out.

Anyways to finish the story, l got the wheel changed and she was very thankful for the help, leaving the kids money for sweets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement