Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭visatorro

Clear herd test today. Just making sure everything is ok for the night. My mother and sister decided to go to the cliffs today with my 4yo and my nieces. Pure madness and the grand week we had before today

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Clear herd test today. Just making sure everything is ok for the night. My mother and sister decided to go to the cliffs today with my 4yo and my nieces. Pure madness and the grand week we had before today

Great stuff...on the herd test. Not so great on the visit to the Cliffs!

weather just turned bad here now! Raining heavily!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Actually fencing contractor there today. 2 calves born and 8 for ai this morning. Eldest lad up at 5 this morning. He's wrecked, but loves being in charge.

Early retirement for you so
    Any interest in traveling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Parishlad wrote: »
    Great stuff...on the herd test. Not so great on the visit to the Cliffs!

They’re back safe and sound, they had some photos at the cliffs- some view there today- all the fog blown away.

• Advertisement

They’re back safe and sound, they had some photos at the cliffs- some view there today- all the fog blown away.

The fog didn’t stand much chance today. I haven’t been to the cliffs in a long time. Must go soon.

Pretty blustery here now just outside Ennis but nothing too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bring back 3 points or you'll be banned:p

Enjoy, should be a decent game.:)

Job done. We were in the kop. Youngest lad said it was the best day of his life so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Job done. We were in the kop. Youngest lad said it was the best day of his life so far...

Class. Enjoy !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Just back from work now, rough enough night outside but hopefully the worst has passed. There was serious rain and wind all evening and lots of branches down on the road. Our power is gone so the place is in darkness, be lost only for the torch on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭emaherx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Grueller

emaherx wrote: »

That doesn't matter now. The report got backed by the media at the time and the vegan lobby got its publicity. A climb down by the WHO will get a 10 second mention on the news on RTE while the report got days of attention and debate.

Damage is done. Truth doesn’t matter on social media, getting your message out first with huge attention is what matters and what people will remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Grueller wrote: »
    That doesn't matter now. The report got backed by the media at the time and the vegan lobby got its publicity. A climb down by the WHO will get a 10 second mention on the news on RTE while the report got days of attention and debate.

Its good to know because everytime this Frankenstein vege diet or similar gets thrown at you as being approved/ the best/ gives you wings - it's easy to point out one the EAT report itself has been debunked and that the WHO has dropped it like a smelly issue of underpants. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭emaherx

_Brian wrote: »
    Damage is done. Truth doesn’t matter on social media, getting your message out first with huge attention is what matters and what people will remember.

Well sure in that case we should give up sell up the farms and live on lettuce :D

Everything went wrong so far this morning.

500kg heifer got head caught in weanlings barriers overnight.

She busted pins on barrier and let two others to bag of meal. Feed passage wrecked, bags of nets spread through ****, busted buckets, spilt molasses, broken forks. Wind had them drive mad.

Off to fence now

Well sure in that case we should give up sell up the farms and live on lettuce :D

No but the damage in public opinion is done.

Can you adjust the clutch on a 4wd quad, seams to be slipping when there’s a load on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

_Brian wrote: »
    No but the damage in public opinion is done.

I wouldn't worry, Brian. They're behind in this conversation again.

While they're getting their knickers in a twist from virtue signalling about reducing their meat consumption once a week, the worlds CO2 concentrations continue to rocket due to their favoured energy intensive lifestyle.

And the worlds oceans are past their buffering capacity to absorb this extra CO2 which has masked their lifestyles true cost.

And the only possible way to absorb that extra CO2 is to sequester it in soils, which has only 30% of the worlds available surface area. And there's an increasing amount of published research and even more anecdotal evidence of the speed that pasture, managed correctly, can absorb huge amounts of carbon from the atmosphere and keep it securely sequestered.

Look up David R. Montgomery and Gabe Brown and download some samples of their books and have a look at Allan Savory on YouTube and some of the amazing work he has done in the Sahel in restoring the ecosystem and fertility there. And most importantly, the carbon he has reintroduced into the depleted soils of the region.

Livestock farming is a good place to be in to prepare for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I saw one of those huge Dairy farmers take calves from the mothers Vegan billboards in macroom of all places yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

NeighboursL ifor williams livestock trailer taken last night, 8 by 4, with large numbers on the side written in Black, ''OY 100060''
    Apparently the numbers can't be taken off without damaging the surface of the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

wrangler wrote: »
    NeighboursL livestock trailer taken last night, 8 by 4, with large numbers on the side written in Black, ''OY 100060''
    Apparently the numbers can't be taken off without damaging the surface of the trailer

Do you know the make of the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Do you know the make of the trailer?

Ifor wiliiams

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Neighbour lost the lock that goes in our one. Where can a replacement barrel be got

On the subject of trailers I see that tri axles are becoming very common place in 12 foot trailers recently. I've a 12 foot double axle Graham Edwards which I'm happy with but it's fairly hard pulled and tends to sway a bit when empty. Has anyone a tri axle 12 foot and are they easier pulled or steadier on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭kk.man

Neighbour lost the lock that goes in our one. Where can a replacement barrel be got

Ring Westwood in Nass. They send it by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

trailerspares. ie

On the subject of trailers I see that tri axles are becoming very common place in 12 foot trailers recently. I've a 12 foot double axle Graham Edwards which I'm happy with but it's fairly hard pulled and tends to sway a bit when empty. Has anyone a tri axle 12 foot and are they easier pulled or steadier on the road?

Yea they’re supposed to be allot steadier

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Yea they’re supposed to be allot steadier

we have a hudson 12ft tri axel and a i w 14ft tri axel with the wheels underneath ,the hudson is far nicer to pull and steadier on the road.

• Advertisement

we have a hudson 12ft tri axel and a i w 14ft tri axel with the wheels underneath ,the hudson is far nicer to pull and steadier on the road.

A lot of the places I frequent with the trailer are awkward and as my Land cruiser is lwb I think that a 12 foot trailer is big enough. A 14 foot would mean extra capacity of course but would be even more awkward in these tight spots than my current setup. The Graham Edwards is doing the job fine but I'm considering a 12 foot tri axle Hudson as it might be easier pulled and steadier on the road. Changing to one with the wheels underneath would increase the capacity slightly while maintaining the same overall length but I have no experience with those types of trailer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement