Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

tanko wrote: »
    This farming life starting on BBC2 now.

We got stuck into 'the ranch' on netflix instead.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You know well what's going on there.

The mother is using the son as an excuse cos she'd be the one left to feed and clean up after the bugger.

Had you no paddock fenced with sheep and barb wire for those smallies? :pac:
    Electric fence, train them in early:P
    Ah no, it's mad, the lad had a way with dogs, our lot are mad about him and they'd be a bit wary with people but he takes no notice and has them wound around his finger inside 2 minutes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

blue5000 wrote: »
    We got stuck into 'the ranch' on netflix instead.

Any good? I'm currently looking for something to watch on Netflix.
    Just finished an excellent 10 part series called The Vietnam War.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Odelay wrote: »
    Good work. What the heck is a jigsaw tractor? I’ve googled it but can only find kids toys.

I’d be understating it if i said it was in 1000 pieces

My dad bought a 178 about 20 years ago to get it up and running and my older brother stripped it even more.

It was out in the rain for about 2 years.

Glad it’s gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ah no, it's mad, the lad had a way with dogs, our lot are mad about him and they'd be a bit wary with people but he takes no notice and has them wound around his finger inside 2 minutes.
    People are strange.

And to think growing up here myself there was every sort of animal imaginable on this place. From sheep, cows, horses, ponies, donkeys, pigs, hens, ducks, geese, rabbits, goats and guinea hens and probably more left out.
    My mother never got a say in the matter when my oul fella turned up with something new which was going to be next money spinner.

Oh and dogs. I forgot dogs. :D

You've now got your next relief milker there. In six years time. :)

• Advertisement

Some people are naturally gifted like that.

There was a farmer had a sheepdog in at the vet's there a few weeks ago. And my oul fella (again) was in there and the dog took a great liking to him.
    The farmer thought this was funny as he said he'd usually take the hand off anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

What was that about?

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    What was that about?

I think if you asked a lot of Vietnam Vets the same question they wouldn't know either.

Anyone have these power company sales reps cold calling to their door?

I just had a pair from ESB networks at the door at 8. Said they'd just been with the neighbours next door.

I asked for their rates and told them to call tomorrow at a more reasonable hour. So I can go through the bills properly.

It's nearly as bad as those old Combined insurance wasters.

In other news. It pays to go into fbd's office when paying the renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I thought it was middling , few good lines in it but can be a bit cheesey .
    I watched It's always sunny in philidelphia and found it brilliant but it mightn't be everyones cup of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Goodman,
    ah you were due a day like that to be fair to you.

on a side note, does any know if twin heifers are more likely to have twins themself? have 2 lovely ch twin heifers here out of a very good simental/blue cow. I normally wouldn't keep ch cows at all. but my small one is mad about um as there off her cow. She called um Thelma & Louise.

Ya its genetic. In canadavthey kept keeping from cows taht produced twins and in the end they had. <30% twinning rate. Dont get too hung up on breeds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Was it made by Ken burns his series on the american civil war and the west are fascinating viewing

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Was it made by Ken burns his series on the american civil war and the west are fascinating viewing

It was indeed. 10 parts, each about 1 1/2 hrs long. So it's a fair commitment.
    But it goes into the whole thing in good detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Some people are naturally gifted like that.

There was a farmer had a sheepdog in at the vet's there a few weeks ago. And my oul fella (again) was in there and the dog took a great liking to him.
    The farmer thought this was funny as he said he'd usually take the hand off anyone.

My oul fella was the same. He had a habit of going up the yard and arriving back with some thing or other. One day it was lost racing pigeon which landed on his shoulder and another an injured otter. At his funeral when the coffin was being lifted outside the house a swarm of bees settled in the trees above. A coincidence I know but somehow fitting all the same ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Just in from walking an out-farm where I'm planning to put cows after the herd test is read on Saturday. Found several small syringes in a pile by the crush. Now means I'm going to have to do a REALLY good walk through before the cattle go over. Aaagh! Hope that with more activity around the place those responsible will take themselves off, certainly don't want to come across them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

KatyMac wrote: »
    Just in from walking an out-farm where I'm planning to put cows after the herd test is read on Saturday. Found several small syringes in a pile by the crush. Now means I'm going to have to do a REALLY good walk through before the cattle go over. Aaagh! Hope that with more activity around the place those responsible will take themselves off, certainly don't want to come across them.

Someone else using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭148multi

KatyMac wrote: »

Live in a quiet rural place, during a cummunity clean up day came across a pile of syringes (enough to fill a two gallon bucket) turned out they'd been dumped by a diabetic scut.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Two chaps I work with cutting back on nimners as they calve.

One guy has 28 mostly PB cows, cutting back to 10. The other dropping 20 back to 8

Prices poor, inputs increasing, no good news on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Two chaps I work with cutting back on nimners as they calve.

One guy has 28 mostly PB cows, cutting back to 10. The other dropping 20 back to 8

Prices poor, inputs increasing, no good news on the horizon.
    Was talking to a local pedigree limousin breeder last night.... He's finding it hard to move stock. That's the good thing with the Angus always dairy men looking for Angus bulls

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was talking to a local pedigree limousin breeder last night.... He's finding it hard to move stock. That's the good thing with the Angus always dairy men looking for Angus bulls

That's been happening for a long time now.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

That's been happening for a long time now.

is gort to night or next week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

orm0nd wrote: »
    is gort to night or next week ?

1 March, 7PM.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My mate from Belarus just rang me. Must be scam phone call time again

One of the phones here missed a call from Minsk.
    I'll ring it back after the dinner. It could be important:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I missed a call from a Belarus number a few mins ago. Maybe your mate is inviting us all to a party :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Jaysus you have friends everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

Base price wrote: »
    I missed a call from a Belarus number a few mins ago. Maybe your mate is inviting us all to a party :rolleyes:

Had the same here from that nimber. It would be no harm to let elderly friends know they are active this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Base price wrote: »

Buying fr. bull calves apparently. Just give them your bank details and pin number and they will lodge the cash straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Base price

orm0nd wrote: »
    Buying fr. bull calves apparently. Just give them your bank details and pin number and they will lodge the cash straight away.
    They must be trawling through Donedeal for phone numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement