Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going to see the Pope?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Billy86 wrote: »
    "Liberal tears" like the life-long Fianna Fail man in the video above who endured a lifetime of trauma from the raping and beatings he received at the hands of trusted priests, causing him to attempt to take his own life, only to be labelled a liar that was 'in it for the money' when he attempted to bring the truth to light? Why do you seem so delighted about this?

You cannot tarnish the whole church and its followers for the sins of some.

Keep the fume down and let the catholics of this country who care enjoy the popes visit. You can fume all you want on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Looks like the Papal flag is upside down on the plane :D

Edit
    They've just taken flag in...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is there a thread about the Pope's visit anywhere here?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

pity there isn't an irish pope

• Registered Users Posts: 28,081 ✭✭✭✭looksee

shar01 wrote: »
    Looks like the Papal flag is upside down on the plane :D

Edit
    They've just taken flag in...

I was just going to say the same thing, then it quickly disappeared! Glad it was them and not us that did that!
    Ha! they turned it over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I wonder will the Pope when he meets Leo tell him to stop being a Nazi Blue Shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 66,974 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

ricero wrote: »

Keep the fume down and let the catholics of this country who care enjoy the popes visit. You can fume all you want on Monday.

There is no such thing as a 'good' Catholic or priest if you support this current regime.

Very simply if Roman Catholics boycotted churches and contributions for a period (a short one in my opinion) all this cover up and secrecy would be swiftly dealt with and then we could distribute the word 'good' to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sins of some??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

markodaly wrote:
    Was anyone from the HSE held accountable for the deaths of 35 children in 2012-2013? No.

Did someone in the HSE kill these children.?
    We do know that children were raped by members of the church whose leader is now in the country. We also know that other members of that church covered up for the abusers. We also know that the leader of the church Frank accused victims of abuse in Chile of being liars. Any chance you'll stay on topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭CFlat

I think He'll want to stop him being gay first:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Typical. You are gasping for a cigarette after a long flight, and the feckers open the back door first!

ricero wrote:

"For evil to triumph, good men need do nothing" maybe not word for word but I believe Edmund Burke first said this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wee bit of Velcro needed for his cape thingy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosie2018

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    "For evil to triumph, good men need do nothing" maybe not word for word but I believe Edmund Burke first said this.

Don't flatter yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,255 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Even the Popes car has tax and insurance discs, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

No seat belt

M

Lads in Skoda HQ praying she starts.

Rosie2018 wrote:
    Don't flatter yourself!

I didn't, I credited who coined the phrase. Seems reading properly is a lost art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No flash with this Pope travelling in a Skoda a very meek and humble man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭CFlat

A Skoda Rapid lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The plane has landed. Now let the liberal and atheist tears flow.

How witty. There will be tears, I've shed a few myself. It's a difficult weekend for a lot of people, a lot of shame and hurt resurfacing. The glee from some people makes it worse. Please try and remember that many of the vocal anger is from people who endured terrible suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

J.C. is coming back?

Quick,sell the Pope-mobile and get me a Skoda!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, the Catholic Church is the biggest charity in the world.
    It operates more than 140,000 schools, 10,000 orphanages, 5,000 hospitals and some 16,000 other health clinics.
    The Catholic Church spend $4.2 Billion in the US alone on social services and is reported to provide 1/4 of all social services in the US alone.

So, what would they sell? Should they sell the Sistine Chapel with Michaelangelo's famous painted ceiling, or other priceless pieces of artwork? Should some corporation buy it and put a Starbucks in there?

Even so, the church actually does sell its possession. For example, a Harly Davidson was gifted to the Pope, which was never used. It was auctioned off for over $350,000 and the proceeds when to refurbish a soup kitchen and homeless shelter.

Finally, of course, do you believe in the notion that it's better to teach a man to fish, rather give him a fish. If they sold off every piece of land and possession to the highest bidder, would this have a better or worse outcome for the tens of thousands of charities, hospitals, schools, and clinics it operates all around the world? Probably not?

So, do you actually want to have a grown-up conversation or are you just here to rant like a millennial?

They could start by selling whatever they need to cover the redress in Ireland if they want.

They do lots of charity work? Great. Is poverty sorted so? If they are charity and not a business, they've no need for anything beyond essentials, anything else can go towards helping the people they claim to care about.

Teaching people to fish to better their lives? Like how they preach safe sex in Africa for example?promoting the use of condoms to stop the spread of disease or encouraging them to stop people producing children in to poverty so bad they starve to death?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Did someone in the HSE kill these children.?

Yes, indirectly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosie2018

I didn't, I credited who coined the phrase. Seems reading properly is a lost art.

In your own mind your 'the good man'. You fill up fora with hate and bile. Your world view offers nothing.

More importantly Pope Francis is here!

Lucy8080 wrote:
    J.C. is coming back?

If he really did come back imagine the explanations these guys would try and give for the warped interpretation of his teachings they practiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,974 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No flash with this Pope travelling in a Skoda a very meek and humble man

A three card trick you have clearly been conned with. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭obi604

A Skoda bleedin rapid.

markodaly wrote:
    Yes, indirectly.

All you go to the guards so with any info you have.

• Advertisement
    M

All the patches of tarmac fixing up the banjaxed road for the visit.

Advertisement