Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ire vs Aus - Test Number Three

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I don't recall much hysteria tbh, but I was away for the match and only caught up afterwards.

But Folau had three bites of that particular cherry and from what I understand from comments in The Roar, he did the same thing against the Reds a few weeks ago which resulted in a concussion to the player involved. So I have no sympathy for him and his wife's whataboutery is just that.

Folau deserves his suspension. Possibly a longer one. But RK deserves at least a citing commissioner's warning (yellow card) for what he did. He played the man in the air the same as Folau.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I don't recall much hysteria tbh, but I was away for the match and only caught up afterwards.

But Folau had three bites of that particular cherry and from what I understand from comments in The Roar, he did the same thing against the Reds a few weeks ago which resulted in a concussion to the player involved. So I have no sympathy for him and his wife's whataboutery is just that.

So if you accept Folau was wrong, then that excuses Kearney's because Folau did it thrice? Ok......:rolleyes:

There was mass hysteria on here btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,202 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

So if you accept Folau was wrong, then that excuses Kearney's because Folau did it thrice? Ok......:rolleyes:

There was mass hysteria on here btw.
    Are you argung with someone else? Because that's not what I said. A couple of posts up I said Kearney's was a yellow card at worst. And the number of times is relevant because getting a YC twice in the same match is an automatic citing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Are you argung with someone else? Because that's not what I said. A couple of posts up I said Kearney's was a yellow card at worst. And the number of times is relevant because getting a YC twice in the same match is an automatic citing.

Not arguing with you at all, but you did say (in bold):

....which implies you think his wife didn't have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Wife gives out. FFS lads it's an everyday occurrence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Folau deserves his suspension. Possibly a longer one. But RK deserves at least a citing commissioner's warning (yellow card) for what he did. He played the man in the air the same as Folau.

Pretty much.

Should have been a yellow. Just like Folau he was in a realistic position to challenge for the ball but after that he played Folau.

Not sure about the CCW, it seems they're keeping those for borderline reds as opposed to any and all yellow card offenses. But Kearney was lucky.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

What does Rob Kearney's girlfriend have to say on this matter

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

What does Rob Kearney's girlfriend have to say on this matter

<snip> No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Christ!!! Putting Kearney in the same context as Folau- blaspheme. RK is more handsome and nowhere near as good as Folau. Plus Folau is borderline dirty. RK is too sexy to be a dirty player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Christ!!! Putting Kearney in the same context as Folau- blaspheme. RK is more handsome and nowhere near as good as Folau. Plus Folau is borderline dirty. RK is too sexy to be a dirty player.

Ah! But which one gets the gay seal of approval !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Hmmm, queer eye for the straight guy.
    Folau! Hides behind the bible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,202 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Not arguing with you at all, but you did say (in bold):

....which implies you think his wife didn't have a point.
    To me she's hinting at a red card/ban. In fact, given the circumstances, that seems to be exactly what she's saying. Which I don't agree is accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I was surprised the referee didn't go straight to the pocket on that and I reckon if it wasn't 3 seconds into the game he might well have. Kearney clearly grabbed Folau in the air after the ball is lost.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I missed the first five minutes of the game so didn't see that. That was incredibly dumb and very yellow card worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Didn't see that tackle, if the jersey colour was reversed then we'd have the42 articles on it. I wonder did he make her write that tweet. Anyway I'm going to now spend some time looking at her Twitter for purely research purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

To me she's hinting at a red card/ban. In fact, given the circumstances, that seems to be exactly what she's saying. Which I don't agree is accurate.

You could very easily argue that Folau at least makes his challenge in the air.

Kearney loses the contest, comes to ground, and then full-on tackles Folau while he's still in the air.

Apart from the fact that Folau is apparently the most evil man since Saddam Hussein, I think the Kearney challenge is probably worse.

You could very easily argue that Folau at least makes his challenge in the air.

Kearney loses the contest, comes to ground, and then full-on tackles Folau while he's still in the air.

Apart from the fact that Folau is apparently the most evil man since Saddam Hussein, I think the Kearney challenge is probably worse.

What components make you think Kearney's challenge is worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

What components make you think Kearney's challenge is worse?

For as long as I've been watching rugby, a man on the ground tackling a man in the air has been an absolute red-line issue. There's no mitigating factor of Folau being lifted and subsequently dropped by a team-mate, so the only possible blame lies with Kearney.

I don't think it was a particularly bad challenge by Kearney, but then I also don't think people here should be quite so toxic about Folau either.

Letter of the law though, Kearney should have seen yellow at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭clsmooth

For as long as I've been watching rugby, a man on the ground tackling a man in the air has been an absolute red-line issue. There's no mitigating factor of Folau being lifted and subsequently dropped by a team-mate, so the only possible blame lies with Kearney.

I don't think it was a particularly bad challenge by Kearney, but then I also don't think people here should be quite so toxic about Folau either.

Agree thought it was a yellow or possibly worse when I saw it in real-time at the time but I’m guessing that he got away with it as it happened in the first minute of the first test.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Not 'yellow at least', it's yellow. We've all seen the guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

I hope Folau can take a joke. His teammates will rib the feck out of him over this.

clsmooth wrote: »
    Agree thought it was a yellow or possibly worse when I saw it in real-time at the time but I’m guessing that he got away with it as it happened in the first minute of the first test.

Yup, as SOB has demonstrated, you can even do a blatant red card offence in the first minute and get away with it :D

Advertisement