Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

really is a drawn out process. It's crazy to think they let it go this far and then say your unsuitable. They should take it account people are planning ahead for this. But sure it is what it is. Hope everyone on the October intake on this gets called. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    Have you been signed off to and been waiting a year?

No I wouldn’t think so. After I met the local sgt and all I kinda didn’t ring or hear of anything for months as I was busy so it didn’t effect me but it’s gone on too long now and I dunno where I stand with vetting

Have you rang them recently to see if vetting has come back or any issues? Really long process this hopefully your file is all clear now

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    Have you rang them recently to see if vetting has come back or any issues? Really long process this hopefully your file is all clear now

I’m ringing daily pal. They’re giving me the awaiting sign off which means vetting is incomplete speech. I’m not sure whether my vetting is incomplete cos it isn’t signed off or the vetting itself isn’t done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

Who did you ask to find that out?

I just rang Garda HRM mate

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

Doyle93 wrote: »
    Same I spent a few years in the UK and I was told by HR last week that its not the gardai delaying my application its the British authorities as they are in no hurry what's so ever to send info across, also remember there is alot of smaller regional police forces so if your family is spread around they will have to Contact each one separately.
    And when did you apply ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 spfmorris

called HRM today, my file is in the que to be signed off and when i asked how long it should take they said they will be signing off a load end of this week/ start of next week. and that offers will most likely be out mid to end of next week.

june 17, OOM in the 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

spfmorris wrote: »
    called HRM today, my file is in the que to be signed off and when i asked how long it should take they said they will be signing off a load end of this week/ start of next week. and that offers will most likely be out mid to end of next week.

june 17, OOM in the 80's

Next week ? Another long week to wait

spfmorris wrote: »

june 17, OOM in the 80's

Another week of waiting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 spfmorris

ye a pain, but sure what can you do

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Nowlan95 wrote: »
    And when did you apply ?

I'm oom low 400s from the 2017 competition.

• Advertisement

I wonder how many of us are waiting if its 800 like some were saying only 184 going in

Alkar24 wrote: »
    I wonder how many of us are waiting if its 800 like some were saying only 184 going in
    Is it not classes of 200??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Alkar24 wrote: »

Doubt there is that many. From what I heard they struggled to get numbers for July intake. Know a lad that got a weeks notice to start and only passed his fitness a week previous

I thought it was. But someone on here said they heard it was 184.

If they are delaying offers until next week they may be short enough numbers otherwise surely they would send out the first batch of offers to try and give the months notice

Yep I agree that's my thinking to but listen I'm confused by this process at times so I'm just going sit back and wait

• Registered Users Posts: 25 deiselad17

I can't imagine theyre struggling to fill the positions if I'm being honest with the backlog of people that is there. Offers will definitely be this Friday and more next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

They have been stuck and struggling last 2 intakes due to vetting and people failing PCT's. Every intake is 200 people so whe they have first 100 sorted thwy will be given 1st round offers and then go with the 2nd 100. if they have 100 already offers be out this Friday but sounds like they might be stuck again so if thats the case they will have them out mid to enfd of next week. Vetting for good few seems to be done so they will sign off a load when offers are due to go out. Best of luck to everyone waiting is frustrating but be worth it. if you dont get 1st round offer dont worry stay positive for 2nd round offer. I personaly think myself 1st round offers could be out this Friday. I think they should have 100 ready to go sounds like a lot have vetting and PCT done. Maybe they could have a slight struggle with 2nd round offers that seems to be the one that they give short notice to people plus there are more physicals happening over next 2 saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Fingers crossed they will send some offers out this week so! Be great

Fingers crossed they will send some offers out this week so! Be great

Hopefully the waiting is a killer haha

• Advertisement

Anybody contact HRM lately for an update ?

i contacted them monday and they said i was in final stage decision with senior management but last thing i heard

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    Anybody contact HRM lately for an update ?
    Was thinking to contact then and ask if offers will be this week but i fear they will just say in the next week or so to get mw off phone 😂

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    i contacted them monday and they said i was in final stage decision with senior management but last thing i heard

Was it a women by any chance same thing see said to me in final discion you find out anymore of what that means ?

it was a email i contacted by. but no i didnt find out anymore what that means sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Rang HRM today. Vetting still outstanding. Said offers will be out in the next couple of weeks. I asked if I should forget about it seeing as vetting is still outstanding... he said no, it could come back anytime. Hard to know what to make of that :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

surprised at the couple of weeks response considering people have been told next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruffruff

Sounds like no offers out this week, more waiting😀, nerves will be wrecked😶

Im staying positive. In the next couple of weeks could still be Friday :) its still within the two weeks. Im hoping they just all offers (both sets) out and enal by two weeks complete.

• Advertisement

Stay positive guys you never know a surprise email could appear Friday ... Fingers crossed

Advertisement