Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

dardis91 wrote: »
    From Sept 2016 campaign, done medical and fitness over a year ago and still heard no word... anyone else in the same scenario??

Have you had vetting issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dardis91

mrDerek wrote: »
    Have you had vetting issues?

Nope, Ive quit ring HR as they are so ignorant on the phone and the same thing said, apparently vetting is still waiting to be process thats the reply I keep getting, its actually frustrating the waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KaC1994

HRM just got back to me and said vetting is cleared and just down to oom as to when I’ll get an offer. I’m from June 2017 campaign and OOM is low 700’s!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

KaC1994 wrote: »
    HRM just got back to me and said vetting is cleared and just down to oom as to when I’ll get an offer. I’m from June 2017 campaign and OOM is low 700’s!

Did they say that your signed off. Or vetting is cleared. If you don't mind. Just trying to get info as I'm in same boat June 17 they told me just waiting to be assigned

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KaC1994

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    Did they say that your signed off. Or vetting is cleared. If you don't mind. Just trying to get info as I'm in same boat June 17 they told me just waiting to be assigned

No probs, it said “vetting is complete and clear on your file”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dardis91

JMurphy001 wrote: »

Nope they just kept saying "we are waiting for some vetting to get back to us" now I know this is horse **** as they have contractors to do the vetting for them so how would he know this. Im feeling optimistic tho that I will get October? Surely, maybe? ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Im optimistic myself oom 190s vetting done just need signing off someone mentioned that a load of sign offs are done jsut before as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Loopie2

When do ye think the next set of offers will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Loopie2 wrote: »

2nd or 3rd week of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Loopie2 wrote: »

It looks like the 14th September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Can i ask what your oom was? Cheers

My order of merit is 600's. Alot of people from 2016 still waiting, my vetting is all done it's just waiting sign off but its been at that stage for months now and it looks like they keep putting new files on top of the already waiting files in senior managements office, hrm have not got a clue. Speaking to a local guard last week he was saying there all civil employees who don't give a **** once they get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 deiselad17

Ive emailed twice the past two days and haven't got one reply re vetting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

deiselad17 wrote: »
    Ive emailed twice the past two days and haven't got one reply re vetting!!

I was the exact same I ended up ringing them this morning ... I advise ringing them at least then you get some information

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    I was the exact same I ended up ringing them this morning ... I advise ringing them at least then you get some information

I literally just received an email there. Said my vetting is cleared and waiting for sign off. And also invites for October will be mid September

I literally just received an email there. Said my vetting is cleared and waiting for sign off. And also invites for October will be mid September

You lucky lad, I've called twice this week and just got the computer says no response in regards to vetting, it's been in for 7 months now. I reckon 2019 is my year and the next intake is a write off. How long were you waiting?

Doyle93 wrote: »
    You lucky lad, I've called twice this week and just got the computer says no response in regards to vetting, it's been in for 7 months now. I reckon 2019 is my year and the next intake is a write off. How long were you waiting?

I've been emailing them like every week since my physical which I did in July. I flew through all stages but they said its down to OOM after everything to when you'll be called so I presume it does matter! I've a high OOM so I'm looking at January id say as well tbh as some people have vetting cleared and its still not signed off with ages so its hard to be optimistic!

I’m the same just received a email haaaaa

I’m the same just received a email haaaaa

Looks like they're busy today!haha

I've been emailing them like every week since my physical which I did in July. I flew through all stages but they said its down to OOM after everything to when you'll be called so I presume it does matter! I've a high OOM so I'm looking at January id say as well tbh as some people have vetting cleared and its still not signed off with ages so its hard to be optimistic!

I did the pct in mid July too, my oom is low 400s so hopefully they'll be calling in and around that for offers. If a few peoples vetting is coming back in one go hopefully the beureu is working hard in preparation for the offers in two weeks. It's just a waiting game at this stage but atleast there will be an intake every 3 months until 2021.

Looks like they're busy today!haha

I know must be all back from holidays haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

I know must be all back from holidays haha

What email address are you using and how long where you waiting for a reply? Thanks in advance. Sent an email about a month ago and haven't received any reply.

foam wrote: »
    What email address are you using and how long where you waiting for a reply? Thanks in advance. Sent an email about a month ago and haven't received any reply.

Waiting about a week for a reply and the I’m sending is appointments@garda.ie

Waiting about a week for a reply and the I’m sending is appointments@garda.ie

Thanks, that's the same address I've sent my email. Hopefully it won't be too much longer to get a reply.

Ring them, or email again they did say before sometimes they don't receive emails sent from mobile phones.

Thanks, that's the same address I've sent my email. Hopefully it won't be too much longer to get a reply.

I say give them a ring that could help too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Just rang HRM myself. Vetting still outstanding. Looks like January at the earliest for me :(

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Just rang HRM myself. Vetting still outstanding. Looks like January at the earliest for me :(

Would I be able to get their number please? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Would I be able to get their number please? Thanks in advance

Yeah no hassle, its 01 666 2571. Hopefully you get better news!

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Yeah no hassle, its 01 666 2571. Hopefully you get better news!

Just rang and I'm in the same boat. Vetting is still outstanding. Not too hopeful for October, hopefully the one after.

• Advertisement

Just rang and I'm in the same boat. Vetting is still outstanding. Not too hopeful for October, hopefully the one after.

Don’t give up hope just yet I know of people who where told they had vetting outstanding until the day before the offers where sent out

Advertisement