Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

SO7378 wrote: »
    Ive looked at the hole list, if you see,thats literally 5/6/7 out of 185 that got slightly longer distances.. so it isnt that bad, i know there trying to improve on keeping people little closer to home especially people with kids etc.
    Yeah so the rent allowances would that be a one off payment or monthly? Its only 4k id imagine it being monthly?

I think I read on here somewhere that you are paid weekly but the allowances are paid monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Ive looked at the hole list, if you see,thats literally 5/6/7 out of 185 that got slightly longer distances.. so it isnt that bad, i know there trying to improve on keeping people little closer to home especially people with kids etc.
    Yeah so the rent allowances would that be a one off payment or monthly? Its only 4k id imagine it being monthly?

Not from my experiences to be honest. A good 70% of recruits up to now have been sent to dublin or near abouts but that will probably decline when numbers increase. Makes more sence to send more recruits most with no ties to dublin so the poor souls who have 5 to 10 years done with wifes and houses down the country can get out. The ammount of people looking to get south and west of the country outweighs the need for many recruits to be sent there. Some intakes have few from the west so it looks like they have all been looked after but let you tell me they are not worried about sending you 3hours from home if needed

If you have a motgage or kids then your chances are better but if not be prepared. Anyone living eastern half of the country will have less of a journey because there is dublin wicklow louth waterford kildare etc loads of places where numbers are sent and most are looked after. Anyone living south or west is less likely to be looked after. A few sent to limerick and galway few to cork, usually the people with welfare etc any young free and singles will get the boot east unfortunately. And tbh if your going to be 1.5 hours away you might aswell be 2.5 hours and be in dublin. Because you wont commute 1.5 on shift work very long you will have to meve anyway and at leased you will have all the benefits of overtime etc in dublin.
    Uweir32 wrote: »
    I believe you have to live further than 80km from your station. Which is basically an hour but that doesn’t mean you’ll get that close to your home when starting. I’m currently living in Belfast so anywhere would be a move for me which I’d a bit scary. I’ve read a little about the rent allowance is that included in the €29k? Or extra?

Thats rule of thumb not set in stone. Usually you can be stationed anywhere outside your own division starting out provided you dont have a ball of relatives in the division. This is why everyone in dublin gets dublin as there is six divisions. Just to clear up in the last pay deal when rent was given back to recruits it was included into pay. The basic starting used to be 23.5k and with the 4500 rent allowance plus other bits that brought it to 29k. This is your weekly pay. All other allowances night duty weekends etc comes on top of a regular weeks pay once a month called the 'big cheque as it used to come in a cheque separate. This can be work 4,5,6k extra depending on how much overtime and what days you take of etc.
    Ruffruff wrote: »
    Will they start on a bank holiday monday? Got a stag that weekendðŸ™႒
    The induction week is only 4 days long. If it falls on a bank holiday week it will be tuesday to friday as the college is closed on all bank holidays. If a normal week it will be monday to thursday and off friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

mrDerek wrote: »
    If your from dublin and you get posted in cork you should count yourself unlucky as most get sent to dublin

This wont happen i can assure you. Iv yet to see anyone from dublin sent outside of the area

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

5 days guys first round offers ... don’t know about ye I’m nervous wreck haha

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Same, nervous as. What OOM are you? Are you all signed off?

• Advertisement

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    Same, nervous as. What OOM are you? Are you all signed off?

In 500s my merit sadly. But still having hope .. not too sure if I’m signed off didn’t check I know when contacted 2 weeks ago I was waiting to be signed off. But I’ve heard that they don’t signed of until the weeks off or the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

You sure it’s next Friday how do you know :/ now I’m really really nervous. What’s your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Fingers crossed getting nervous too 😠I'm June 17 OM of late 400 rang few weeks ago and they said I was waiting to be signed off. Rang on Friday and was told it's at the last stage final discion ? What ever that means and told me to ring back next week any ideas ?

I was told by them offers will go out via email from middle of September. And Going by past intakes the first sets of offers will probably go out this Friday followed by the second set week after. I will be flat out refreshing emails come Friday thata for sure

JMurphy001 wrote: »

Fingers crossed getting nervous too 😠I'm June 17 OM of late 400 rang few weeks ago and they said I was waiting to be signed off. Rang on Friday and was told it's at the last stage final discion ? What ever that means and told me to ring back next week any ideas ?

Last stage is when its sitting with commissioner office awaitng sign off for ‘suitable or generally unsuitable’

• Advertisement

It’s the first time Ive ever heard of that tbh 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Vetting is not back yet hopefully a miracle happens in the next week, if not sure its only 95 days until Decembers offers 😂, best of luck to everyone who is in line for an offer and hopefully all you 2016s get put out of your misery.

Doyle93 wrote: »
    Vetting is not back yet hopefully a miracle happens in the next week, if not sure its only 95 days until Decembers offers 😂, best of luck to everyone who is in line for an offer and hopefully all you 2016s get put out of your misery.

Don’t give up too much for October Intake they could tell you Monday your vetting outstanding but could be cleared on Tuesday you just never know

It’s the first time Ive ever heard of that tbh 😂

She said it's in last stage final discion and she that means successful or unsuccessful
    So it's that good or bad ?

She said it's in last stage final discion and she that means successful or unsuccessful
    So it's that good or bad ?

I have no idea unfortunately I’m gonna ring tomorrow and see what they say

I have no idea unfortunately I’m gonna ring tomorrow and see what they say

Yeah probably better off hopefully we all get good news this week

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Is there more offers in december after the october offers ?
    when i did my station interviews in june they said probably have good chance for october or else it will be january but im still waiting to get phyiscal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Hoping for an offer on Friday too OOM 500 2016 so fingers crossed! Anyone any tips on what to get ready for when offers come out such as birth certs and all that!?

Hoping for an offer on Friday too OOM 500 2016 so fingers crossed! Anyone any tips on what to get ready for when offers come out such as birth certs and all that!?

2016? You been waiting ages mate. Are there many 2016ers left? You all signed off now? This should hopefully be your time this friday for sure. My fingers all crossed for an offer too. 2017 OOM top 30

Lets hope wrote: »
    Is there more offers in december after the october offers ?
    when i did my station interviews in june they said probably have good chance for october or else it will be january but im still waiting to get phyiscal date.
    Yeah should be offers in December for January intake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dayday888

2016? You been waiting ages mate. Are there many 2016ers left? You all signed off now? This should hopefully be your time this friday for sure. My fingers all crossed for an offer too. 2017 OOM top 30

I’m from 2016 campaign too.... fingers crossed for October intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Ya all signed off waiting for offer so fingers crossed for this one! Will be great to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

So are the offers are out the end of this week i take it ??

So are the offers are out the end of this week i take it ??

Looking at the other campaigns it more the likely

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

Well lads, I'm from early 2017 campaign and I'm 66 on OOM, ptc done since April. Was just wondering if anyone has realtions in UK that are being vetted. I've been toldthat this is the reason my vetting is still outstanding, because getting information off the British police is almost impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Nowlan95 wrote: »
    Well lads, I'm from early 2017 campaign and I'm 66 on OOM, ptc done since April. Was just wondering if anyone has realtions in UK that are being vetted. I've been toldthat this is the reason my vetting is still outstanding, because getting information off the British police is almost impossible.

Who did you ask to find that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Nowlan95 wrote: »

Same I spent a few years in the UK and I was told by HR last week that its not the gardai delaying my application its the British authorities as they are in no hurry what's so ever to send info across, also remember there is alot of smaller regional police forces so if your family is spread around they will have to Contact each one separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

dayday888 wrote: »

I’m 2016 too ... waiting two year also. Everything completed with a year or so. Madness if I don’t get an offer. Head is wrecked.

dayday888 wrote: »

I’m 2016 too ... waiting two year also. Everything completed with a year or so. Madness if I don’t get an offer. Head is wrecked.
    Have you been signed off to and been waiting a year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Have you been signed off to and been waiting a year?

No I wouldn’t think so. After I met the local sgt and all I kinda didn’t ring or hear of anything for months as I was busy so it didn’t effect me but it’s gone on too long now and I dunno where I stand with vetting

Advertisement