Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

SO7378 wrote: »
    I will pm me numbers

Whats app group made just pm me to be added! Well done all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

Hi guys.. got an email this evening with an offer for 15th Oct. Absolutely delighted the long wait is finally over. For those of you that haven't heard anything keep the faith and keep hounding HR..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

Well done to everyone that got offers, enjoy the weekend and handing in yer notices into work! Does anyone know usually when the 2nd round is out? Still waiting on one part of my vetting to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

sent it on

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

Got the offer, delighted, 11 years applying for this, see you all in Templemore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Well done to All.
    Called today to get an update. After been told 4 weeks ago that my vetting was cleared and my file was with Senior management, i was told today that a part of my vetting is outstanding. Awfully frustrating.
    From those who got offers, What year are the majority from and whats the OOM if you dont mind me asking? Cheers

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Well done to All.
    Called today to get an update. After been told 4 weeks ago that my vetting was cleared and my file was with Senior management, i was told today that a part of my vetting is outstanding. Awfully frustrating.
    From those who got offers, What year are the majority from and whats the OOM if you dont mind me asking? Cheers

Just keep hounding them lad, i rang 4 days ago and was awaiting sign off.. rang yesterday and it was done.. im in the late 300's for OOM around 380ish.
    Dont give up, and keep ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

For those who's vetting was clear very late did you say anything in particular to HRM so that they got a move on and got your vetting cleared ? I just seem to get the same answers off them every time I ring

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

Congratulation to all you guys that received your offer well done long time coming. I’m from the June 2017 campaign have done all stages just waiting on vetting every time I ring HRM I’m told outstanding vetting it is so frustrating, hopefully, it comes back soon, and I make the second round of offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

ducky30 wrote: »
    Congratulation to all you guys that received your offer well done long time coming. I’m from the June 2017 campaign have done all stages just waiting on vetting every time I ring HRM I’m told outstanding vetting it is so frustrating, hopefully, it comes back soon, and I make the second round of offers.

Yeah I'm in the same situation, hoping that I still may get an offer for October but preparing for the worse. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

foam wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in the same situation, hoping that I still may get an offer for October but preparing for the worse. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long.

For the mojority of people with vetting outstanding like myself I'd recommend looking forward to next offers for January/feb intake in 12 weeks time.

yeah, its a nightmare isn't it hopefully we get the second round of offers if not I think December is the next ones so if worst comes to the worst and it is December it would be a nice Christmas for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

ducky30 wrote: »
    yeah, its a nightmare isn't it hopefully we get the second round of offers if not I think December is the next ones so if worst comes to the worst and it is December it would be a nice Christmas for us all.

Definitely pal it will be a good Christmas, there's 3 months between offers and 3 months between intakes has been all year, so I'm guessing Decembers offers will be Friday the 14th of December unless the Christmas interferes.

Doyle93 wrote: »
    Definitely pal it will be a good Christmas, there's 3 months between offers and 3 months between intakes has been all year, so I'm guessing Decembers offers will be Friday the 14th of December unless the Christmas interferes.

yeah please god mate but anything is possible with HRM as we all know ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ADevaney

Any ideas on when next offers for October intake will be folks?

ADevaney wrote: »
    Any ideas on when next offers for October intake will be folks?

I would deff say the following week so next week at some stage, the dates for starting are the 30th with induction week being the 15th of october .

I would deff say the following week so next week at some stage, the dates for starting are the 30th with induction week being the 15th of october .

Thanks here's hopeing, vetting back, all boxes ticked, June 2017 campaign 🀞

Thanks here's hopeing, vetting back, all boxes ticked, June 2017 campaign 🀞

Ring them first thing tomorrow, keep on top of them!

Ring them first thing tomorrow, keep on top of them!

Didn't want to p##s them off do you think that makes a difference?

Didn't want to p##s them off do you think that makes a difference?

Tbh it has nothing to do with them.. you have put the time and effort in.. not to mention im sure your waiting well over a year.. its not like they keep a log of when you call, and are like "oh its yer man again" theres so many of them sure no one would know and who cares?? I must have rang atleast 10 time this month alone ended up getting the offer then.. it shows you want it.

• Advertisement

If there is anyone else who didnt see my last post Regarding the whats app group for people who got offers for the 30th of October, feel free to Pm me your number and il add you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Villa93

How many rounds of offers are there? Would be unreal to be in by October but I only passed my fitness test a week so not sure does that already rule me out of October intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Villa93 wrote: »
    How many rounds of offers are there? Would be unreal to be in by October but I only passed my fitness test a week so not sure does that already rule me out of October intake.

What day was your fitness test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Villa93

D Trent wrote: »
    What day was your fitness test ?
    Last Saturday. Was told my vetting is clear and my OOM is in 600’s

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Well I passed my fitness test 15 months ago. Still haven’t heard anything. So it varies. In my case not good. Others come out better. I passed my fitness test before some of the 2017 applicants even applied and I haven’t seen an offer yet. The frustration is overwhelming me at this stage. I’ve notjinh that could hold my vetting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Well I passed my fitness test 15 months ago. Still haven’t heard anything. So it varies. In my case not good. Others come out better. I passed my fitness test before some of the 2017 applicants even applied and I haven’t seen an offer yet. The frustration is overwhelming me at this stage. I’ve notjinh that could hold my vetting up.

Hey. What's the craic with them when you ring?
    Vetting outstanding is it?

2 rounds as far as im aware, there will be more this week possibly near the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

It wouldn't be unheard of but I wouldn't be banking on it. It'd be more like a nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Hey. What's the craic with them when you ring?
    Vetting outstanding is it?

Kinda yeah, but they don’t say it in them words they say my file needs to be gone through and signed which means technically the vetting stage isn’t complete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Looking back on the thread for the July class, first round offers went out on the 15th of June. Then some offers went out on the 19th as they would have had to respond by 10am that morning.
    Second round offers went out the 29th. More offers went out on the 2nd and 3rd of July, again, after the 10am deadline.
    Could mean some get offers this evening and if not then looks like a few opportunities still to go. Staying optimistic!

Advertisement