Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shape

What do people ask when you contact hrm and what information do you need to provide them

• Registered Users Posts: 25 deiselad17

Shape wrote: »
    What do people ask when you contact hrm and what information do you need to provide them

Just ask them is there any update on their file re vetting basically and give them name and that you've all phases past, if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I’m still waiting myself, everything completed about 11 months now. I haven’t rang them in a few weeks was just getting the same reply.. little bit of vetting needs a sign off.
    Might ring towards the end of the week and see the craic. It’s October or never for me, I’m waiting two years now and I haven’t applied for advancements in my current career due to the thought I’d be leaving, I’m on hold the last year so it’s now or never. If I don’t get it in October this will leave a sour taste in my mouth towards the organisation handling all of this, it’s no individuals fault just the whole set up is truly terrible. I’m praying for October. I’ve wanted to join AGS since I was 17, I was unsuccessful on 2 other occasions I’ve given it everything to get this one and I have, the delay is just two fingers in my face. But maybe things will work out. But this is the final straw for me.
    Anyone else here from September 2016 drop me a private message and we can literally set up a what’s app group. Cheers! (:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Anyone know when offers will be out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Hhxxsteph wrote: »

Nobody knows for sure but the popular opinion is middle of this month so like from the 10th to the 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Care to ring on our behalf and find out? 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Anybody contact HRM lately for the actually dates for offers ? Must be soon. Starting to get nervous now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    Anybody contact HRM lately for the actually dates for offers ? Must be soon. Starting to get nervous now 😀

Reckon it will be next Friday going by previous offer dates etc.

Anyone hear in relation to their file being signed off yet ? My vetting is clear just waiting to be signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Anyone hear in relation to their file being signed off yet ? My vetting is clear just waiting to be signed off.

From what I heard is they usually get signed off the week of offers and the week before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

I rang a few days ago still vetting oustanding, like whats going on.. at the start they lost my application in my local station... HQ sent it down in january and i only got local meetings like 2 months ago.. so im all done since then..they have all my local info back but theres still other vetting? Its a circus.. come all this way, study, keep fit, train... Feels like its for nothing.

I was told they havent signed anyone off yet and there not at that stage yet.
    Anyone have any other info? Im late 300s from june 17

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

SO7378 wrote: »
    I rang a few days ago still vetting oustanding, like whats going on.. at the start they lost my application in my local station... HQ sent it down in january and i only got local meetings like 2 months ago.. so im all done since then..they have all my local info back but theres still other vetting? Its a circus.. come all this way, study, keep fit, train... Feels like its for nothing.

I was told they havent signed anyone off yet and there not at that stage yet.
    Anyone have any other info? Im late 300s from june 17

Mate I'm the same, sent away form B in January only had local meets in June 6 months later and now all is done except vetting, it's just the way the process is there's a good load of 2016s left waiting, I'm not waiting for an offer next week, I'll be looking for one in mid December or mid March and we can look forward to all the 2018 campaign candidates wanting to get in on those intakes aswell now. I'm oom low 400s from 2017.

Doyle93 wrote: »
    Mate I'm the same, sent away form B in January only had local meets in June 6 months later and now all is done except vetting, it's just the way the process is there's a good load of 2016s left waiting, I'm not waiting for an offer next week, I'll be looking for one in mid December or mid March and we can look forward to all the 2018 campaign candidates wanting to get in on those intakes aswell now. I'm oom low 400s from 2017.

I just rang there and they said all my vetting is back and im awaiting senior management sign off, so im assuming thats alot closer than "vetting outstanding" hopefully we will get word.
    Id advise ringing and seeing what the craic is lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

I just rang there and they said all my vetting is back and im awaiting senior management sign off, so im assuming thats alot closer than "vetting outstanding" hopefully we will get word.
    Id advise ringing and seeing what the craic is lad!

That's great news mate congrats, if you miss an offer next week you'll get one before the year is out surely, there seems to be alot of heads on this saying their vetting has come back in the last week, I rang twice last week emailed Friday and Tuesday with no response I can't be arsed ringing today to be told its outstanding I might ring tomorrow afternoon.

Doyle93 wrote: »
    That's great news mate congrats, if you miss an offer next week you'll get one before the year is out surely, there seems to be alot of heads on this saying their vetting has come back in the last week, I rang twice last week emailed Friday and Tuesday with no response I can't be arsed ringing today to be told its outstanding I might ring tomorrow afternoon.

Well hopefully, my OOM is around the same as you so id hang in there and to be honest id ring today and check as i sent an email last night and today i just said f##k it il ring them and got good news so do try them today.. so if im awaiting sign off and there not at that stage yet maybe theres a chance?
    As ive heard the 2016 crowed are almost done, like not many at all.

Don’t give up hope just yet guys ye could ring up today and vetting be outstanding but could receive back tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruffruff

Class turned out today. Hopefully offers out next week for october class??? Heard the 15th is the 1st of the weeks for induction.

Hi, yeah the 29th Oct is the start date so the two weeks previous are inductions. Fingers crossed 🀞ðŸ»

Will they start on a bank holiday monday? Got a stag that weekendðŸ™႒

I’m not 100% about that possibly be the Tuesday but they are the dates the college have set for 184 intake.

Do you mind me asking how you know its them dates?

So i rang HQ today and they confirmed next month but said dates arent 100% yet..

Does anyone know where or how far you get placed from home? My garda refference said its always around and hour away, and a few other new gards i know confirmed that. Anyone worried about getting put really far away.. would be alot finacially to deal with..

• Advertisement

I remember reading somewhere that it’s outside a 50km radius of your home address down the country with the exceptions to major cities where it is not applied, but high volumes of new recruits go to Dublin. Quote me if I’m wrong but I am nearly certain I read this Somewhere.

No they dont send all recruits to dublin they used to but not anymore .. the class that just passed out all the towns where they were from and where they have now been stationed were in the paper and i looked up the distance for most of them and they were all 1hourand 10 mins away roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

So i rang HQ today and they confirmed next month but said dates arent 100% yet..

Does anyone know where or how far you get placed from home? My garda refference said its always around and hour away, and a few other new gards i know confirmed that. Anyone worried about getting put really far away.. would be alot finacially to deal with..

I'm not sure why they are confirming that, I know 5 guards that came out of my county (two passed out yesterday) and every one of them got placed alot further than an hour away, with the nearest being just over 2 hours away.
    On the finiancial side of things, it would be a lot to deal with if you were stationed in Dublin or Cork I'd imagine. But you do get rent allowance.

I know Id you have a welfare case you can get stationed a bit closer to home, like a child or maybe a mortgage.
    And you can always apply for a transfer after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

I believe you have to live further than 80km from your station. Which is basically an hour but that doesn’t mean you’ll get that close to your home when starting. I’m currently living in Belfast so anywhere would be a move for me which I’d a bit scary. I’ve read a little about the rent allowance is that included in the €29k? Or extra?

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I believe you have to live further than 80km from your station. Which is basically an hour but that doesn’t mean you’ll get that close to your home when starting. I’m currently living in Belfast so anywhere would be a move for me which I’d a bit scary. I’ve read a little about the rent allowance is that included in the €29k? Or extra?

Extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Extra.

Really? I thought the rent allowance was included in the 29,699! I thought it was unsocial hours and uniform allowance that was extra. Think those bits come to 3,000 - 3,500 per annum.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Really? I thought the rent allowance was included in the 29,699! I thought it was unsocial hours and uniform allowance that was extra. Think those bits come to 3,000 - 3,500 per annum.

The rent allowance it €4'000 alone. Did you all not learn the pay structure in preparation for your interview lol

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

The rent allowance it €4'000 alone. Did you all not learn the pay structure in preparation for your interview lol

Hehehe! I did. Must go back and have a re-read. I really thought the rent allowance got included in the 29. Something to do with it counting or not counting towards pension calculations?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

I have read over it a few times and honestly couldn’t see where it said it was extra. Lol maybe I need to revise harder :)

I'm not sure why they are confirming that, I know 5 guards that came out of my county (two passed out yesterday) and every one of them got placed alot further than an hour away, with the nearest being just over 2 hours away.
    On the finiancial side of things, it would be a lot to deal with if you were stationed in Dublin or Cork I'd imagine. But you do get rent allowance.

I know Id you have a welfare case you can get stationed a bit closer to home, like a child or maybe a mortgage.
    And you can always apply for a transfer after a few years.

Ive looked at the hole list, if you see,thats literally 5/6/7 out of 185 that got slightly longer distances.. so it isnt that bad, i know there trying to improve on keeping people little closer to home especially people with kids etc.
    Yeah so the rent allowances would that be a one off payment or monthly? Its only 4k id imagine it being monthly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

If your from dublin and you get posted in cork you should count yourself unlucky as most get sent to dublin

Advertisement