Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America's Child Abduction Policy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

So should Graham Dwyer or Joe O'Reilly be released from prison here?? As their child/ren made no decision to break the law and "is being punished by being separated from their parents." Or is it just illegal immigrants that should have liberty after breaking laws???

We are usually of a similar mind but how can you equate murder to being an illegal immigrant?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Why would the US spend money on having trails for people who are not American citizens,

Articles 5 and 7 of the Declaration of Human Rights.

Don't be daft Last I looked at a map there is no warzone boarding the States so why seek asylum there from what ?

War is not the only reason for seeking asylum.

I can't see why people automatically think they should take burden ,
    This is a very very very harsh but eventually something like this was going to happen ,

No it wasn't. They took on the burden themselves. Continuing with the previous policy would have been a lesser burden. They did this to send a message.

Any country has a right to defend there boarders and it seem like the US was going to have to go to extreme measure to stop the steady stream which was happing,

Nobody said they couldn't defend their borders or take people into custody. The separation of families and disgraceful treatment of children was no necessary. It is deliberate cruelty.

Not saying it is right but there was always going to be a tipping point ,

Seems you're trying very hard to say it's right. And I think it will be a tipping point, perhaps not how Trumptards hope though.

Varik wrote: »
    What do you think happens here in Ireland if both parents were arrested, they're left to wonder the streets.

Given to a relative or put in an emergency foster home.

Varik wrote: »
    You only get a trail if you plead innocent during your arraignment, if you plead guilty you go straight to sentencing as with most of the world. Those pleading guilty are getting sentenced to time served.

You are given the chance of bail if you plead innocent. You are also entitled to free legal representation. There really is no comparison to the Irish system in any way.
    Could you give an example of one country that give you a trail if you are caught while illegally trying to entre there country ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

They shouldn't be seperated but they should be HUMANELY deported. And treated with dignity.

These people refuse to leave without a fight.

You are a xenophobic racist, that is all.

Would you let people seperate you from your kids without a fight?

If they kept families together then all of this controversy wouldn't have happened.

You sir are a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Nermal wrote: »
    So are the bleeding hearts in this thread proposing that we detain the parents and let the children on their merry way to roam the US?

Or that both children and parents are waved through?

Just so we're clear.

If the parents entered illegally, lock them up together and give them baby supplies etc. If they have to be deported, deport them together.

Separating them is nothing more than cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Rory28 wrote: »
    We are usually of a similar mind but how can you equate murder to being an illegal immigrant?
    Well Donnie seems to think they're all rapists and murderers anyway so why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

You are a xenophobic racist, that is all.

Would you let people seperate you from your kids without a fight?

If they kept families together then all of this controversy wouldn't have happened.

You sir are a belter.

I hear you're a racist now father.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well luckily for them I am an amazing father who would never put them in danger so that won't be an issue.

And I'm sure you're teaching them to hate poor people who weren't born with your white privilege. Not everyone is as fortunate as you and has opportunities fall in their lap.
    You just have to coast through life.
    The amazing fathers are not the ones who live off their position, but the ones who decide to take risks to give their kids a better future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Can someone explain why Obama isn't getting any grief for this? All of this has been going on for a lot longer than Trump has been in power.

I am by no means a Trump supporter or fan or whatever but something needs to be done to prevent the insane amount of illegal immigrants getting into the US and if this prevents people attempting to gain access it will have been a success.

This is simply wrong.

Obama did get criticism for his ramping up of deportations. The policy of running internment for children is new. The policy to separate parents and children is new and was instituted on 4/6/2018. It was the brainchild of John Kelly and Stephen Miller to serve as a deterrent for undocumented immigration, approved by Trump, and adopted by Sessions.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1049751/download?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

And I'm sure you're teaching them to hate poor people who weren't born with your white privilege. Not everyone is as fortunate as you and has opportunities fall in their lap.
    The amazing fathers are not the ones who live off their position, but the ones who decide to take risks to give their kids a better future.

You probably shouldn't claim to know a single thing about my life and "white privilege".

And how do you think those kids feel about their "amazing" fathers right now?

Well luckily for them I am an amazing father who would never put them in danger so that won't be an issue.

Can't you see the hypocrisy there?

Yes he's a cnut but honestly your ststement is just as racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

If the parents entered illegally, lock them up together and give them baby supplies etc. If they have to be deported, deport them together.

Separating them is nothing more than cruelty.

You are obviously missing the point here,

The parents trying to enter the country Illegally are detained as they are deemed guilty of a criminal act, A child/minor cannot be charged with such an act due to age,
    So tell me, Is the government of the USA at fault here especially when immigrants know the risk?,
    Or the Immigrants who seem to think they have an Automatic right to enter the USA?

You probably shouldn't claim to know a single thing about my life and "white privilege".

And how do you think those kids feel about their "amazing" fathers right now?

The feel like they won't see them again you moron.

Probably a stupid decision on their part then wasn't it? I certainly wouldn't be saying my father was amazing if he put me in that situation trying to better our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

It seems that this policy has effectively at ending the modern concept of applying for asylum as was created after World War 2 in response the countries refusing refugees from the Holocaust (and yes I'm invoking Godwin's law early, knowingly and deliberately).

Probably a stupid decision on their part then wasn't it? I certainly wouldn't be saying my father was amazing if he put me in that situation trying to better our lives.

They are kids you belter. They don't have the logical capacity of a fully grown adult.

Guessing you're all for Nigerian child soldiers as well?

pgmcpq wrote: »
    It seems that this policy has effectively at ending the modern concept of applying for asylum as was created after World War 2 in response the countries refusing refugees from the Holocaust (and yes I'm invoking Godwin's law early, knowingly and deliberately).

US seems to be going back to Isolationism

They are kids you belter. They don't have the logical capacity of a fully grown adult.

Guessing you're all for Nigerian child soldiers as well?

OK.
    When they grow up, they won't recognise their father as "amazing" for the situation he put them in trying to better their lives?

Is that simplified enough for you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

You don't have to! You've had everything shoved into you front and back by dint of your birth.
    You had all the breaks and opportunities, you cannot hope to understand what desperate poverty feels like. And not just "oh dear, can't pay the rent" poor.
    You just want to stick your snout in the trough and kick it over so no one else can have some.
    And of course pass that sentiment on to your kids.
    Amazing fcuking father right there.

You don't have to! You've had everything shoved into you front and back by dint of your birth.
    You had all the breaks and opportunities, you cannot hope to understand what desperate poverty feels like. And not just "oh dear, can't pay the rent" poor.
    You just want to stick your snout in the trough and kick it over so no one else can have some.

Again you are being a hypocrit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

And I'm sure you're teaching them to hate poor people who weren't born with your white privilege.

There are literally billions of people who would emigrate from the third world for economic reasons if they got the chance. I don't hate them, but I don't want that to happen, because it will ruin the countries of the first world. I agree, I am privileged, in that respect. I want it to stay that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

pgmcpq wrote: »

I wasn't aware there was a Holocaust going on in Mexico or Canada, the only two countries bordering the US. Tell me more?

Aw you appear to be completely losing the run of yourself, I'd recommend taking a few deep breaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mutant z wrote: »
    Its the adults who are to blame for putting the children in that situation of course they have no problem exploiting them for propoganda purposes in an out of context photo for the world to see which works to a tee.

Won't be long now before we have an Aylan Kurdi type propaganda picture to row the world in behind the insidious left against the nasty people who want to keep their borders safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

Rory28 wrote: »

I'm not equating murder to being an illegal immigrant.

I'm equating children being separated from their parents because they are in jail in the USA to children being separated from their parents because they are in jail in Ireland. The charge doesn't matter to the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Havockk wrote: »
    Occams razor.

Turn the whole family unit back.

It's actually amazing the lengths some will go to justify anything. How do you fight ignorance that is immune to education?

You sure you don't mean Hanlon's razor?
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

You are a xenophobic racist.

Handy words to type in anger. But what do they mean?

Trump needs to try harder at the racism thing. He has Latino employment at a record high.

Xenophobia is irrational fear of foreigners, which is nothing to do with rational expectations that people will enter your country en masse if borders aren't managed tightly.

Thats some amazing parenting there then isn't it. I bet the kids are delighted their "amazing dads" decided to "take risks".

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Thats some amazing parenting there then isn't it. I bet the kids are delighted their "amazing dads" decided to "take risks".

Some of these kids are being recruited by gangs in their home countries and being forced to deal drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The US has kidnapped more kids than Boko Haram at this point. The fact that I can mention the US in the same sentences as Boko Haram with no hyperbole, shows you how far gone the US is gone under Trump.

Advertisement