Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America's Child Abduction Policy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Illegal immigrant.
    Using kids to try and get sympathy makes them even worse in my eyes.

But the kids are the ones suffering most at the hands of the Us authorities. Do you think those kids should be prosecuted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Taking kids from their family is fcuking wrong.
    How anyone with an IQ of above 50 cannot get this is beyond me

The parents are involving themselves and their children in illegal activity. Should the kids be placed in adult jail?

But the kids are the ones suffering most at the hands of the Us authorities. Do you think those kids should be prosecuted?

No, i think their parents should be prosecuted even further for involving their kids in these activities.

The funny thing is, when a load of immigrants arrive on our shores with kids in tow we show just what kind of pushovers we are. I'd be much more in favour of Trump style border restrictions than the ****e we have here currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

Bit easier when you're an island that's pretty isolated.

Both the US and EU own many offshore islands and could apply the same policy: that illegal immigrants would be held offshore and not be allowed to enter the mainland. I suspect the number of people requiring asylum due to persecution in Mexico would magically decrease overnight.

• Advertisement

No, i think their parents should be prosecuted even further for involving their kids in these activities.

So if the children are not criminals why are you ok witht hem being treated worse than criminals?

The funny thing is, when a load of immigrants arrive on our shores with kids in tow we show just what kind of pushovers we are. I'd be much more in favour of Trump style border restrictions than the ****e we have here currently.

I have no doubt.

So if the children are not criminals why are you ok witht hem being treated worse than criminals?

I have no doubt.

The children are involved in illegal activities. If I hand one of my kids a big bag of drugs and tell them to go and sell them to someone else, they are involved. Same thing.

The children are involved in illegal activities. If I hand one of my kids a big bag of drugs and tell them to go and sell them to someone else, they are involved. Same thing.

So you would want your child punished for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I have no doubt.

That's the definition of duress you glue bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

F*ck me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The U.S. has started enforcing a policy to remove children from the families of illegal immigrants. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has cited a passage from the Bible as his inspiration for this. A stated goal of the policy is to deter mothers from attempting to enter the country.

Stephen Colbert give a rundown of it here.

The only defence people have offered for such a cruel policy is "The parents shouldn't have brought them". The story gets even worse when you start to hear the individual accounts. Staff being told they can offer no comfort to the children in detention, only basic needs. Parents being tricked into handing over their child only to never see them again, children going missing from the system, lawyers trying to represent 5 year olds they know nothing about.

To me, this sounds like something from a third world dictatorship.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

Unless you're a time traveller from 2014, they haven't "started".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Taking kids from their family is fcuking wrong.
    How anyone with an IQ of above 50 cannot get this is beyond me

It's actually simple enough. They don't see immigrants as human. They see them as vermin.

So you would want your child punished for that?

Want. No.
    Expect. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

you want us to start caging kids?

steddyeddy wrote: »
    A lot of people in America and elsewhere are defending this as a necessary step to punish those breaking the law. They say that the parents made the choice to break the law and should be punished. The problem with that is that the child who made no such decision is being punished by being separated from their parents. It's the definition of cruel and unusual punishment. Punish he child because of the actions of the parents is acceptable to some it seems.

So should Graham Dwyer or Joe O'Reilly be released from prison here?? As their child/ren made no decision to break the law and "is being punished by being separated from their parents." Or is it just illegal immigrants that should have liberty after breaking laws???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Rory28 wrote: »

That poster is a turnip. Ignore him.

Rory28 wrote: »

Nah he just doesn't like brown folk.

Further to that, this is simply the most ignorant and cnutish thing I have heard in my entire life.
    I hope your kids get taken one day.

Well luckily for them I am an amazing father who would never put them in danger so that won't be an issue.

Further to that, this is simply the most ignorant and cnutish thing I have heard in my entire life.
    I hope your kids get taken one day.

Well luckily for them I am an amazing father so that won't be an issue.

Who told you this?

All dad's received cards on Sunday you aren't special.

wexie wrote: »
    really? :confused:

What do you think would happen to you if you commit a crime on US soil? Do you actually think they'd go 'oh...he's not one of ours, we'll just let it go this time and turf him out'?

They have trials for people who aren't US citizens all the time....I'll guarantee you anything there are non US citizens on trial in the US right this very minute (actually it's probably a bit early over there still).

The idea they wouldn't have trials for people that aren't citizens is utterly moronic.

(aside from the whole issue of whether or not these refugees should be going on trial of course)

What happens in any county you are arrested in that you are a flight risk?? You are remanded in custody, just like the illegals in this story.

• Advertisement

Who told you this?

Did you not see the thread here? Not all dads did.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bit easier when you're an island that's pretty isolated.

The US originally used Guantanamo bay for holding immigrants. Ellis Island before that I guess.

Who told you this?

Did you not see the thread here? Not all dads did.

Back to your cave big man, try not to eat any of your offspring.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

Unless you're a time traveller from 2014, they haven't "started".
    Those kids had crossed the border alone, not with their parents (and it's inexcusable that they were put in cages aswell) so yes the Trump admin were the ones to "start" this.

So should Graham Dwyer or Joe O'Reilly be released from prison here?? As their child/ren made no decision to break the law and "is being punished by being separated from their parents." Or is it just illegal immigrants that should have liberty after breaking laws???
    Once again, f*ck me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

So are the bleeding hearts in this thread proposing that we detain the parents and let the children on their merry way to roam the US?

Or that both children and parents are waved through?

Just so we're clear.

Nermal wrote: »
    So are the bleeding hearts in this thread proposing that we detain the parents and let the children on their merry way to roam the US?

Just so we're clear.

They shouldn't be seperated but they should be HUMANELY deported. And treated with dignity.

They shouldn't be seperated but they should be HUMANELY deported. And treated with dignity.

These people refuse to leave without a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Havockk

Just so we're clear.

Occams razor.

Turn the whole family unit back.

It's actually amazing the lengths some will go to justify anything. How do you fight ignorance that is immune to education?

• Advertisement

Both the US and EU own many offshore islands and could apply the same policy: that illegal immigrants would be held offshore and not be allowed to enter the mainland. I suspect the number of people requiring asylum due to persecution in Mexico would magically decrease overnight.

Doubt it. People will continue to come because there's nowhere else to go. They want the illusion of living in a first world nation, and all the benefits that go with it.

Advertisement